2A Final Four projections

So youre saying the Milan-Alcoa game would be? LC's D is #2 in the state for a reason.Trust me ,they beat LC by 40,they beat anyone else on this list by 40+. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Im saying that i went to the LC -GP playoff game 2 or 3 yrs ago and LC came into that game with only giving up 42 points all year. GP scored 48 by half time

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you play weak teams during the regular season It shows in the playoffs Oh yea no one will come close to ALCOA again this year. Take that to the bank

For your information, Waverly has one of the toughest schedules in the state. According to this site it was 4th toughest until they played Houston County last week and it dropped to 12th. Still really good and it will jump back up when they play Camden this week. Last year their schedule was ranked 2nd. So know your facts before you speak. I don't doubt Alcoa will win. After all, they do recruit well. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

By the way, Waverly has played 4 teams in the top 12 in AA. And also, Alcoa's schedule strength? 50 of 58. Take that to the bank.

For your information, Waverly has one of the toughest schedules in the state. According to this site it was 4th toughest until they played Houston County last week and it dropped to 12th. Still really good and it will jump back up when they play Camden this week. Last year their schedule was ranked 2nd. So know your facts before you speak. I don't doubt Alcoa will win. After all, they do recruit well. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

By the way, Waverly has played 4 teams in the top 12 in AA. And also, Alcoa's schedule strength? 50 of 58. Take that to the bank.

Im talking about Lewis County not waverly

THE ONLY PEOPLE ALCOA PLAYS IS MARRYVILLE AND THEY ALWAYS GET BEAT SO THERE YOU GO /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Maryville, which is 4A and hasnt lost a game in how many YEARS??? I love how everyone cracks on Alcoa for losing ONE game a year and its to the 4A state champs. So keep on hatin on Alcoa they will bring the gold ball back to East Tennessee when its all set and done. And yall can hate on them for a while next year until they do it again. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

yes they know how to win by recruiting [no zoning rule] the best players in east tn.[correction;the ones that maryville doesnt get first]. this is all been said on here before , and everyone knows that is how you win titles. so if that is something to be proud of,then alcoa has alot to be proud of.this will not change until tssaa see's this,and allows it to be statewide no zoning rules for all!!

When posting something get a clue first. Alcoa and Maryville both have defined zones, being the cities of Alcoa and Maryville repectively. What you are attempting to allude to is the fact that both of theese schools accept tuition students in addition to children that live in their respective city school districts. This is done as a means to raise revenue and also as a philanthrophic endeavor to afford students who live outside of the city the opportunity to attend supperior academic institutions as compared to the Blount County School system. Any system in the state can choose to charge tuition but since most counties consolodate into one system it does make it much more difficult to attract out of district students. These systems ( alcoa and maryville) have been doing this long before they were the most dominant schools in their football classification because it improves population figures, increases test scores, and of course it does help attract athletes. Not to underplay the importance of tuition students to Alcoa athletics, but only about 10-15% of the football team pays tuition. This may seem high but about 30% of the general student body pays tuition at Alcoa (the number is substantionaly lower at Maryville). So if you would like to do math you will see that if you remove say the ten or so tuition paying football players and the 150 or so other tuition paying students you would see that Alcoa would be firmly in 1A, running over those sorry teams. So now ponder your excuse for not competing because that one is null.

When posting something get a clue first. Alcoa and Maryville both have defined zones, being the cities of Alcoa and Maryville repectively. What you are attempting to allude to is the fact that both of theese schools accept tuition students in addition to children that live in their respective city school districts. This is done as a means to raise revenue and also as a philanthrophic endeavor to afford students who live outside of the city the opportunity to attend supperior academic institutions as compared to the Blount County School system. Any system in the state can choose to charge tuition but since most counties consolodate into one system it does make it much more difficult to attract out of district students. These systems ( alcoa and maryville) have been doing this long before they were the most dominant schools in their football classification because it improves population figures, increases test scores, and of course it does help attract athletes. Not to underplay the importance of tuition students to Alcoa athletics, but only about 10-15% of the football team pays tuition. This may seem high but about 30% of the general student body pays tuition at Alcoa (the number is substantionaly lower at Maryville). So if you would like to do math you will see that if you remove say the ten or so tuition paying football players and the 150 or so other tuition paying students you would see that Alcoa would be firmly in 1A, running over those sorry teams. So now ponder your excuse for not competing because that one is null.

I think it is ridiculous for non-Alcoa fans to get on here and accuse them of recruiting. IF you want to say that about private schools, that's one thing - but Alcoa and Maryville play within the rules. I don't think they can be blamed for parents choosing to move their kids to that district because of the open zoning. Us as Lewis County fans, or Waverly, or Milan, or Camden or whoever's fans wouldn't turn down great athletes if they wanted to attend our schools.

Look bottom line, Alcoa has dominated 2A for years, they really havn't been challenged by a 2A team since Huntingdon in the state championship a few years ago - to my knowledge - and they have done it with great discipline. It is also ridiculous to bash them for losing to Maryville - MARYVILLE!!!! That school hasn't lost to ANYONE in forever. I hope my Panthers can get over the hump in the playoffs and make it to the Boro, where they will most certainly face Alcoa. And will DEFINATELY be two to three touchdown underdogs - but all we want is a chance. It is a long way till that is possible with alot of GREAT teams to beat along the way to get there, but like I said - we just want the chance. People would be better served to just worry about their team's next game, cause I guarentee you that's what Alcoa, Milan, Camden, Boyd, and LC's fans are doing and I know thats what the players are doing.

All that being said, Alcoa fans have the right to be confident, but some of the stuff I see on here is plain out cocky and I, in my humble opinion, would advise against that cause anything can happen - look at the Super Bowl last year.

yes so yall see westview still has a shot and i beleive they will win it all. This post above me has given me so much confindence that i think maybe even bruceton could beat alcoa if they just got a chance. Now lets go out there and do this chargees. Lets go bloody some noses and losen some jock straps!!!!

GO CHAREGEES!!!!!!

yes so yall see westview still has a shot and i beleive they will win it all. This post above me has given me so much confindence that i think maybe even bruceton could beat alcoa if they just got a chance. Now lets go out there and do this chargees. Lets go bloody some noses and losen some jock straps!!!!

GO CHAREGEES!!!!!!

Everybody give Westviewchargerfan08 a hand, he is hillarious. You can take my post and make fun of it all you want but all I said was what I felt dude. You can be sarcastic all you want - I'm pretty sure your team has a pretty big game with Milan this week you might ought to be worried about. I'm also sure that Westview's players love having a great supportive fan on Coacht like you who basically says that all their hard work is for nothing cause they will never get anywhere anyway. Great fan. All I know is that if a team wants to have any success they have to believe they can. I'm not discounting the fact that Alcoa is the most dominant team in 2A and they deserve their respect, all I am saying is that LC wants to get there and take a step towards becoming one of those dominant 2A teams. Good luck with Milan Friday night - but I guess you don't need it cause none of their hard work preparing for their games matters anyway huh?