2A Final Four projections

"All that being said, Alcoa fans have the right to be confident, but some of the stuff I see on here is plain out cocky and I, in my humble opinion, would advise against that cause anything can happen - look at the Super Bowl last year."

Most of us "more mature" Alcoa fans do take the season one game at a time. We're aware that anything can happen. The cockiness you're seeing is (I believe) from our younger fans who, like in every aspect of their life, believe they're invincible!

Not to sound cocky, but, in reality, we have read how other teams preparing to play us have talked about how fast and how good their team is, only to be knocked down when they meet up with the F5. Many times we've read the day after the game: They're better than advertised; they're in a class by themselves. The team handles themselves with discipline and humility; hats off to the coaching staff for that.

Yes, we get beat by Maryville every year, but let's not forget that MHS has an enrollment of 3 times our size. I think people tend to forget just how small AHS really is. I don't see the game coming to an end; there's a long, long history of the game.

That being said, if we make it back to the 'Boro, I think the boys would welcome a challenge, be it Milan, LC, or whoever. Last year's game was just plain boring, especially when I think back to our 1st gold ball against Huntingdon. What a game!!!

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"All that being said, Alcoa fans have the right to be confident, but some of the stuff I see on here is plain out cocky and I, in my humble opinion, would advise against that cause anything can happen - look at the Super Bowl last year."

Most of us "more mature" Alcoa fans do take the season one game at a time. We're aware that anything can happen. The cockiness you're seeing is (I believe) from our younger fans who, like in every aspect of their life, believe they're invincible!

Not to sound cocky, but, in reality, we have read how other teams preparing to play us have talked about how fast and how good their team is, only to be knocked down when they meet up with the F5. Many times we've read the day after the game: They're better than advertised; they're in a class by themselves. The team handles themselves with discipline and humility; hats off to the coaching staff for that.

Yes, we get beat by Maryville every year, but let's not forget that MHS has an enrollment of 3 times our size. I think people tend to forget just how small AHS really is. I don't see the game coming to an end; there's a long, long history of the game.

That being said, if we make it back to the 'Boro, I think the boys would welcome a challenge, be it Milan, LC, or whoever. Last year's game was just plain boring, especially when I think back to our 1st gold ball against Huntingdon. What a game!!!

Last three years the games have been boring. Nothing against Goodpasture because they have won the West. Alcoa will not be challenged until someone from the West shows up with a balanced attack. If you are one dimensional against a team as talented as Alcoa, you do not stand a chance! Bring a team that can play some D, throw when the box is stacked and run when you have them spread out, then and only then will you have a chance.

Very good post! It's fans like you that make me want to root for you guys. And for the other Alcoa fan, I never said we would, could or might beat Alcoa.

LCP - Here is the reason your D is ranked #2 in the state - The only teams that have given you much of a game were single A teams that aren't even ranked in the top 10 in single A. With that schedule you shouldn't have give up many points. Each of the single A teams you played scored as many or more than all the rest of your opponents combined. Even you have to admit that will make you look better than you are.

What is your excuse? Those Single A teams scored more than Hickman Co. did. I guess it was because of Sowell being out and Grimes getting his head rocked so much that he had to cuss a coach and ask him if he wanted to run the ball /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Truth is LCHS has a great bunch of kids that are playing well together, even though they don't have the greatest athletes they still get the job done. Hope that all participants in the playoffs stay healthy and play good football.

Where did you get your stats? most state champs go 15-0?? really? lets look at last year

2007 State Champs

Smyrna(12-3)

David Lipcomb (14-1)

Alcoa( 14-1)

2006 State Champs

Brentwood Academy (11-1)

KNoxville Webb (9-3)

Davidson Academy (11-1)

Smyrna (13-2)

Fulton (14-1)

Alcoa (14-1)

Jackson Christian ( 12-3)

So next time you wanna get smart and act like you know alot , check your stats. The " State Champs" your referring to is just a lame joke trying to elude that Maryville is wayyyy better than Alcoa , we get it , nobody cares anymore. And now your gonna bring up the fact that we have an easy schedule and those other teams " worked hard" to win their titles. Well , sorry , beat ya to it /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Milan 13-2 1998

They played Maryville pretty tough. Closer than any other AA team could do! So quit hating on Alcoa because nobody in AA can beat them. It dont matter who shows up to play the championship game the gold ball is going back to Alcoa. For how many years in a row??? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Honestly, I don't think anyone means to hate on Alcoa. It is more like you that brings it out. I know every team has fans like you. Milan even has fans as bad as you. We should probably ignore you, but it is hard. You are definitely one of the most arogant people I have ever heard in my life. The fall will be definitely be hardest on you. I guess that will be enough for us. I do hope Alcoa is in the title game. I also hope it is Milan that gets a shot at them. I think that Milan is definitely good enough to be on the field with them and Maryville for that matter. Time will tell.

Guest nwtnsports

Honestly, I don't think anyone means to hate on Alcoa. It is more like you that brings it out. I know every team has fans like you. Milan even has fans as bad as you. We should probably ignore you, but it is hard. You are definitely one of the most arogant people I have ever heard in my life. The fall will be definitely be hardest on you. I guess that will be enough for us. I do hope Alcoa is in the title game. I also hope it is Milan that gets a shot at them. I think that Milan is definitely good enough to be on the field with them and Maryville for that matter. Time will tell.

You mean Maryville, that has won 70 consecutive games and is ranked in one poll as the best high school football team in the state. I must respectfully but completely disagree with that. There's only one AA team that could even play with them, IMO - Alcoa.

This is a AA thread, so I don't agree with the other part of the statement either. But maybe we'll get a chance to see in December. That means both teams would have to win four playoff games. It should be easier for one team than the other.

That was the most dominant high school football team I have ever seen at the high school level. Wasn't that the year you guys bumped up to 3A?

Yes it was. I agree with you. I don't know if anyone in the state could have beaten them. We did come close to a team like that in '03. However we got derailed in a hearbreaker to Huntingdon in semi's to finish 13-1.