Greeneville QB in trouble...

wpfast

Thats all I have to say about this, and am asking a mod or CoachT to please close this thread before it gets as bad as the other one

Thats just silly... I mean there will be more posts. Go ahead and call the Knoxville News Sentinel and let them know that they were wrong for printing it in the paper and that they should take it down off their website. BTW- they have comments on their site as well. It's public record and let's just hope the kid gets the support he needs. The player has already been in enough hot water and has lost 2 significant family members in the past year +, so lets cross our fingers that the steps will be taken to help this kid... plain and simple... no attacks, no negativity.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats just silly... I mean there will be more posts. Go ahead and call the Knoxville News Sentinel and let them know that they were wrong for printing it in the paper and that they should take it down off their website. BTW- they have comments on their site as well. It's public record and let's just hope the kid gets the support he needs. The player has already been in enough hot water and has lost 2 significant family members in the past year +, so lets cross our fingers that the steps will be taken to help this kid... plain and simple... no attacks, no negativity.

So do the millions of other teens that drink need help too? I'm not saying the newspaper is wrong for printing it, but jeez, we've already had one thread with nothing but downgrading him going on, we dont need another

So do the millions of other teens that drink need help too? I'm not saying the newspaper is wrong for printing it, but jeez, we've already had one thread with nothing but downgrading him going on, we dont need another

So your promoting underage drinking now? If you look at all the fatalities and other alcohol related things that go on, heck yes kids need help, support, and guidence. I have seen alcohol mess up many young lives and any athlete I work with, even my pro players, I always caution them about being careful in relation of going out, taking supplements, and especially drinking!

It's obvious that from the Greeneville vs. Crockett post that the head coach wasn't going to let the kid come back after he struck another kid last year. Typical Greeneville politics. Anyways, none of that is important now. Not football, not baseball, forget athletics... let's just hope the kid can get the help that he needs, because he was arraigned in court Monday and I'm sure with his past, his extra chances are all gone. I just hope he can come through and be a-ok for the future.

So your promoting underage drinking now? If you look at all the fatalities and other alcohol related things that go on, heck yes kids need help, support, and guidence. I have seen alcohol mess up many young lives and any athlete I work with, even my pro players, I always caution them about being careful in relation of going out, taking supplements, and especially drinking!

It's obvious that from the Greeneville vs. Crockett post that the head coach wasn't going to let the kid come back after he struck another kid last year. Typical Greeneville politics. Anyways, none of that is important now. Not football, not baseball, forget athletics... let's just hope the kid can get the help that he needs, because he was arraigned in court Monday and I'm sure with his past, his extra chances are all gone. I just hope he can come through and be a-ok for the future.

Omg how the heck do you gather I'm promoting underage drinking? You need to take a course or two in reading comprehension. Once again, another ignorant post about the striking incident as well. LET IT GO

First off... get over it! I have the right for free speech. I live in Florida and besides... I did not see another topic on it before I posted it. I read the Knoxville paper and saw it.

I really feel for the kid, I do. I hope he gets help because its more than just football.

BTW- I remember you when you were a middle school wrestler/football player, if your the Charlie Arrington that I remember.

Hope your mom is doing good!

I said nothing about your constitutional rights. I understand your remorce for him, but what are you hoping to accomplish by circulating this story even more so than it already is? And yes...I am that same Charlie Arrington, and I don't know about you, but I was taught that an introduction was appropriate before making any type of comment directed towards another persons mother; regaurdless of it's intentions. I respect your views on the matter, especially with the experience you have at all levels of the game, but I think if you were a little less ebrassive with your posts you wouldn't be met with as much hostility: just my opinion though. I appreciate your sympathy along with the rest of Jordan's friends and family as well as the rest of the occupants of our little "fish-bowl". LoL

The story as I know it is: Jordan pled not guilty and the court date was set for early 2009.

My question is, why would the school system be punishing a kid if the Law hasn??™t found him guilty? Are we not innocent until proven guilty in a court of law? If he is found innocent, isn??™t the school system opening themselves up to a BIG law suit for their actions? My understanding is no breathalyzer test or blood test was given. It was a wreck and the officer smelled alcohol, so Jordan was charged. Shouldn??™t the school system wait on the punishment until after the court has ruled?

The story as I know it is: Jordan pled not guilty and the court date was set for early 2009.

My question is, why would the school system be punishing a kid if the Law hasn??™t found him guilty? Are we not innocent until proven guilty in a court of law? If he is found innocent, isn??™t the school system opening themselves up to a BIG law suit for their actions? My understanding is no breathalyzer test or blood test was given. It was a wreck and the officer smelled alcohol, so Jordan was charged. Shouldn??™t the school system wait on the punishment until after the court has ruled?

What I don't understand is why this story has made everyones headlines. 5-time DUI offenders get their stories buried back in the "it happened here" section of the Greeneville Sun, but Jordan Greenway ends up in the Knoxville paper and Johnson City evening news. One would think he was running for political office or something. It would seem we could find something more important to talk about given how crappy other things are going right now. I know an awful lot of us are wishing the best for the Greenways right now, but its time to move on. We do have a game to play Friday.

I agree. This also did not happen on school property or during school hours. He should not be punished by the school for something he has not been found guilty of. Now, do not think I am siding with Jordan because he has a track record of making bad decisions but he deserves the law as much as a non student-athelete. East had a player throw a punch and hurt a Jeff co. player back in May(@ the mall and after the school year had ended) and his court date was not until Sept. Our loving principal thought he should not be playing and pushed our coach to bench him for the JCHS game. He had not even had a court date yet and was found guilty by our administration and punished for it. I feel our over-zealous Mr. Johnson had no bussiness doing that.

Just my two cents but I believe it's right to suspend him. It so happens that it's his senior year but if it was his junior year, he should only be suspended until he is found guilty. If found guilty, kicked off of the team. Period. If innocent, he could play again. Whether they suspend or dismiss him from the team at this point doesn't matter though because he is a senior. You can't really sit there and say he should be allowed to play football. Isn't it the coach's decision anyway on who plays and who doesn't? You think a kid can sue the school because the coach won't let him play? As far as why it made headlines. He has been in trouble before, everyone around here knows about it, most know about his family the past year, and he's a TALENTED QB at a high school program around here. This isn't New York. Newspapers around here have to find whatever stories they can no matter how small they are.

If there was no blood test done @ the hospital, there would be no physical evidence of DUI. The judge should have simply dismissed the case. If this is indeed true, then this kid is being singled out as an example based on his past behavior. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. As far as his standing on the team, The Coach and administration are between a rock and a hard place on this one. If they adopt a wait and see attitude, then they will once again be accused of preferential treatment... if they suspend him it will most certainly impact not only his chances of playing @ the next level, but the outcome of impending post-season play. Either way, somebody gets shafted. IMO, it seems Jordan obviously forgot how crucial his role is to his team's success or he never would have been on that motorcycle.