District 5AA

logcabinman

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say McMinn Central and Brainerd will probably be the two to beat again this year. Tellico looks much improved and seem to be getting better each year under coach Yates. Sequoyah looks strong, but are still young. Changed coaches again with Perry Hull back at the helm. Talent alone should win more games than last year (5), but may still be a year away from seriously contending for the district lead. These guys have worked hard all summer and may exceed expectations and suprise a lot of people.

Don't know enough about the rest of the district to comment.

I would say McMinn Central and Brainerd will probably be the two to beat again this year. Tellico looks much improved and seem to be getting better each year under coach Yates. Sequoyah looks strong, but are still young. Changed coaches again with Perry Hull back at the helm. Talent alone should win more games than last year (5), but may still be a year away from seriously contending for the district lead. These guys have worked hard all summer and may exceed expectations and suprise a lot of people.

Don't know enough about the rest of the district to comment.

Maryville beat McMinn Central tonight.

I know McMinn Central returns everyone but Michael Nicolo and Casey Browder. Should be led by Matthew Harper this year. They should make a good push for the year. Brainerd is always a tough team. Sweetwater has some talent but is killed because their coach is a moron. Sorry, but he might be the worst judge of talent i have ever seen. Tyner is supposed to be good this year from what i have heard.

Any word on what Polk or Meigs has this year?

I know McMinn Central returns everyone but Michael Nicolo and Casey Browder. Should be led by Matthew Harper this year. They should make a good push for the year. Brainerd is always a tough team. Sweetwater has some talent but is killed because their coach is a moron. Sorry, but he might be the worst judge of talent i have ever seen. Tyner is supposed to be good this year from what i have heard.

Polk has some size from some boys on the football team, but looked pretty weak against Sequoyah at a Walker

Valley playday scrimmage, losing by 13. Sequoyah looks pretty solid despite losing to Oliver Springs by two in the hof game. Bledsoe(6-4, w-p) is injured with fractured ribs but still played. Ferguson(6-2, p) is also out for a while with an ankle injury. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Who is the boys coach at Sweetwater? Is it still Allen? I had heard he had given it up, but never got that confirmed.

Who is the boys coach at Sweetwater? Is it still Allen? I had heard he had given it up, but never got that confirmed.

yes it is still allen and iceman i dont know where you get your information from but coach allen has the best winning percentage as a coach in sweetwater in about ten to twelve years and its hard to win or play all the best players all the time when those players dont do there school work or show up to practice and do the right thing so just make sure you know what your talkin about next time and sweetwater will be tough this year

sweetwater will be tough this year

They didn't look too good against Temple last night. Lots of turnovers and sloppy basketball. They played much better in the 2nd half after the lights came back on.

It's very early so I wouldn't read into it too much now. They have another tough test tomorrow afternoon against CCS.

They didn't look too good against Temple last night. Lots of turnovers and sloppy basketball. They played much better in the 2nd half after the lights came back on.

It's very early so I wouldn't read into it too much now. They have another tough test tomorrow afternoon against CCS.

yeah you're right they were sloppy in that first half but most of that has to do with the startin point guard only gettin in for a bout five minutes due to a stress fracture in his foot#21 tyler richesin. but temple is a very good team and sweetwater has a very talented ccs team to play tomoro and tyler will not play much in it either cause these games dont matter for your record but sweetwater hasn't even had there football players for two weeks there still gettin in basketball shape and back used to the game. they open up with two 3a schools next week so there tough schedule early i think will help them in the long run around tournament time

trust me i know what i'm talking about. He might have a better winning percentage but he's also had a lot more talent then any other coaches. but maybe its just a personal thing i've seen. When sweetwater used to come play us he'd have kids that'd be starting to heat up and then pull them out. He just makes some iffy decisions. I think when Richesin gets back the team will be much improved. I'll get to see two sweetwater games next week so i'll reserve final judgement about them til after that. Maybe worst coach was a little strong. Maybe i just caught him in bad games.

yeah you're right they were sloppy in that first half but most of that has to do with the startin point guard only gettin in for a bout five minutes due to a stress fracture in his foot#21 tyler richesin. but temple is a very good team and sweetwater has a very talented ccs team to play tomoro and tyler will not play much in it either cause these games dont matter for your record but sweetwater hasn't even had there football players for two weeks there still gettin in basketball shape and back used to the game. they open up with two 3a schools next week so there tough schedule early i think will help them in the long run around tournament time

Chatt Christian 92

Sweetwater 54