CPA 3 FRA 2

chasanooga

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I started a similar thread at the exact same time you did. I'm really wanting details. I'm thrilled for CPA, but know this is must be really tough for the seniors at FRA. Both have great programs, and it is FRA's last year in A/AA...they are going to DII next year. Thanks for the great competition FRA. We'll be rooting for you in your new class next year. Go CPA!!!!

CPA lead 1-0 at half then 2-0 until FRA scored the next two goals, tied it about 15 seconds before final whistle. First overtime no score. CPA scored in 2nd overtime. No Stats, sorry.

Thanks for the info. I bet it was a great game. They are both great teams, just history has shown that FRA was always the better scorer. It looks like CPA is finally healthy and playing to their potential.

Thanks for the info. I bet it was a great game. They are both great teams, just history has shown that FRA was always the better scorer. It looks like CPA is finally healthy and playing to their potential.

Great game, but refereeing was subpar in this game. Very physical, which is fine, but the refs have to allow that physicality to go both ways. There were also multiple hand balls not called.

Great game, but refereeing was subpar in this game. Very physical, which is fine, but the refs have to allow that physicality to go both ways. There were also multiple hand balls not called.

Not surprising at all!! Every game I watched always had one good ref, and one that was 'subpar.' After the DL/CPA game, a parent asked the ref who was waiting on his check to explain off-sides. He said, he truly did not know. Can you believe that??? Not that an off-sides ruling determined the game. CPA earned their goal - no off sides, but I thought it was very telling that a ref did not know what determines off-sides. I sure wish there were better soccer refs out there. There were several games, where I thought the ref should do the victory run with the team that won. I know you all relate. Unless you dominate a game, the refs play a big part.

Not surprising at all!! Every game I watched always had one good ref, and one that was 'subpar.' After the DL/CPA game, a parent asked the ref who was waiting on his check to explain off-sides. He said, he truly did not know. Can you believe that??? Not that an off-sides ruling determined the game. CPA earned their goal - no off sides, but I thought it was very telling that a ref did not know what determines off-sides. I sure wish there were better soccer refs out there. There were several games, where I thought the ref should do the victory run with the team that won. I know you all relate. Unless you dominate a game, the refs play a big part.

I would think that after a game and waiting on his check...That a Ref any Ref wants to explain off-sides to a parent. Sorry but I think the Ref was blowing the parent off.

And Why was'nt the Ref paid before the game started, so that he didn't have to put up with parents after the game?

Great minds think alike. LOL!

Yes they do!! This is kind of a lose/lose situation for me. I hate to see either team lose, but I must say that I think CPA is scrappy. Their defense is really good, and they are very physical. More physical than FRA, but FRA's mid-field and forward dominance hasn't required them to be too physical. I've seen it with soccer and basketball the last few years. Both sports are turning into who is physically stronger vs. who has the technical skills in some cases. I think that home field is no longer an advantage. If you have a big student section yelling at the refs regarding bad calls, they are going to tighten up on the home team on physicality. I guess it is human nature to retaliate when attacked. Is it fair? NO. Is it life. Yep.

I would think that after a game and waiting on his check...That a Ref any Ref wants to explain off-sides to a parent. Sorry but I think the Ref was blowing the parent off.

And Why was'nt the Ref paid before the game started, so that he didn't have to put up with parents after the game?

Not sure...It was district tournament, so there were two games at the same field that night, but he was looking for his check...after the game. I ended up budding in...and telling them both there are videos you can watch that explain off-sides. I truly think he didn't know. I may be wrong. It was still an opportunity for a ref to educate a parent. Again... off-sides had nothing to do with this game. It was a 1-0 game, and I don't think off-sides was ever called. It was a defensive battle type game. It was just a parent that was curious from either a previous game or curiosity. It could have been a parent for the next game... really not sure.

Yes they do!! This is kind of a lose/lose situation for me. I hate to see either team lose, but I must say that I think CPA is scrappy. Their defense is really good, and they are very physical. More physical than FRA, but FRA's mid-field and forward dominance hasn't required them to be too physical. I've seen it with soccer and basketball the last few years. Both sports are turning into who is physically stronger vs. who has the technical skills in some cases. I think that home field is no longer an advantage. If you have a big student section yelling at the refs regarding bad calls, they are going to tighten up on the home team on physicality. I guess it is human nature to retaliate when attacked. Is it fair? NO. Is it life. Yep.

Of all the games I have seen this year, FRA is by far the most physical team and to my novice eye received the better end of the officiating. But CPA played their best game tonight.