Running up score/ keeping starters in

Recently I have heard some fans talking about other teams running up the score when they should have ran the clock or took a knee. Running up the score in opinion does not help anyone out. The team that runs the score up is not showing sportsmanship (having no class) and the team that got the score ran up on them makes them feel more inferior. You teach a Young man to kick someone when they are down, and last time I checked this was not part of molding a young mans life (which is what high school football is all about): teaching life lessons that they can carry with them the rest of their lives. Leaving your starters in when you are up by more than a comfortable lead does not do anything but hurt your team. The team that is up: if one of your starters get hurt just makes you look like dummy for keeping them in. This is not college you do not get any more credit for beating a team by 50 points as you would for beating them by 14 points. Kids work hard all over the state year-round to play the great game of football, just to be crushed by a coach that has an ego and wants to beat a team as bad as he can. Just my opinion

Recently I have heard some fans talking about other teams running up the score when they should have ran the clock or took a knee. Running up the score in opinion does not help anyone out. The team that runs the score up is not showing sportsmanship (having no class) and the team that got the score ran up on them makes them feel more inferior. You teach a Young man to kick someone when they are down, and last time I checked this was not part of molding a young mans life (which is what high school football is all about): teaching life lessons that they can carry with them the rest of their lives. Leaving your starters in when you are up by more than a comfortable lead does not do anything but hurt your team. The team that is up: if one of your starters get hurt just makes you look like dummy for keeping them in. This is not college you do not get any more credit for beating a team by 50 points as you would for beating them by 14 points. Kids work hard all over the state year-round to play the great game of football, just to be crushed by a coach that has an ego and wants to beat a team as bad as he can. Just my opinion

Are you a Sullivan North fan? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Translation: I'm a fan of a team (probably of the Mama's House Raiders) that took a beatdown.

I will say this. I don't think a coach should keep the starters in if the game is in hand after the 3rd quarter. But I don't think you run the clock out. I think you run your offence with your younger players.

I think you teach your young men to finish!! I don't fell this is teaching them to "stepping on them when their down" I feel it??™s finishing.

Is it fair to the backups to kneel on the ball and let up, even though there is time on the clock?

I will say this. I don't think a coach should keep the starters in if the game is in hand after the 3rd quarter. But I don't think you run the clock out. I think you run your offence with your younger players.

I think you teach your young men to finish!! I don't fell this is teaching them to "stepping on them when their down" I feel it??™s finishing.

Is it fair to the backups to kneel on the ball and let up, even though there is time on the clock?

I agree. The younger players have worked for the opportunity to play, not take a knee. That is for a minute or so left on the clock. You don't have to pass, but you can run. If the defense can't stop the younger guys, then too bad.