Clinton at Rhea County

I know nothing about Rhey County BUT I hope you guys win. Clinton has a good QB with strong arm but he dont like to get hit ANDERSON COUNTY keep LBERS in his face and played bump & run on his WRs they dont like to get hit either so make them pay. Clinton RBs are good but not speed demons AC LBERS ran them down. BUT AC has there number LIKE NINE YEARS in a row but they did beat OAKRIDGE. CLINTONS defence is there weak point run run run or pass pass pass take your pick goodluck GODBLESS your team. But tell your players to watch for cheap shots low blows and #54 taking out your knees and jumping on the pyle after the play is over. HOPEFULLY RHEA COUNTYS HAS GOOD and FAIR REFs.

Interesting. Good info about the QB getting hit. If the defense shows up like they did against Red Bank or Walker Valley then it may not be a shootout. As far as refs go, a good crew is few and far between. I havn't seen a crew yet that likes Rhea.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting. Good info about the QB getting hit. If the defense shows up like they did against Red Bank or Walker Valley then it may not be a shootout. As far as refs go, a good crew is few and far between. I havn't seen a crew yet that likes Rhea.

Soddy Daisy crew. Good chance we lose that game if not for a little help with the blocked PAT. McMinn and Red Bank games this year have been some of the worst I've seen in many years. Do you have an official word on AJ Rhea Co?

Soddy Daisy crew. Good chance we lose that game if not for a little help with the blocked PAT. McMinn and Red Bank games this year have been some of the worst I've seen in many years. Do you have an official word on AJ Rhea Co?

Not anything offical yet, but I think he will be back this week. I know it is killing him not being able to play. I really hope J.T. is back too, but just have to wait and see on J.T.

Not anything offical yet, but I think he will be back this week. I know it is killing him not being able to play. I really hope J.T. is back too, but just have to wait and see on J.T.

Aj looked like he was getting around a little better than he was in Cleveland so maybe that is a good sign. I believe J.T. has to be cleared before his return...

As far as how many sacks, Rhea Co. would have that type of information.

Ok I got the updated stats heading into the play-offs

Defense

Tackles Leaders- Team total 794

Calab Price 131

Jon Finch 88

Corey Keist 84

Newt Cagle 73

Joey England 61

Casey Lovelady 47

Johnny "Duny" Herd 41

Sacks Leaders- Team total 36

Joey England 7

Jon Finch 5

Corey Keist 5

Calab Price 4

Newt Cagle 3

Kenzie Goins 3

I wish they had hurries listed because Joey would be leading that by a bunch.

INTs Leader team total 14

J.T. Stone 4

4 others with 2

2 others with 1

Offense

Passing

Cam Tallent Comp-93 Att-169 Comp%-.550 Yds 1405 Y/G-140 TDs-16 INTs-6 QB Rating-99

Rushing Leaders

Jacob Moffett Car- 132 Yds-775 Y/G-77.5 TDs-7

Justin Rice Car-77 Yds-305 Y/G-30.5 TDs-5

Tyler Dennis Car-32 Yds-331 Y/G-36.8 TDs 1 (Note- Dennis had 195 yds in last game)

Receiving

A.J. Brown Rec-30 Yds-568 Avg. 18.93 TDs-6 Y/G-71.0 (in only 8 games)

Jacob Moffett Rec-27 Yds- 270 Avg. 10.0 TDs-3 Y/G 27.0

J.T. Stone Rec-14 Yds-276 Avg.- 19.71 TDs-2 Y/G-30.7

Jacob Swafford Rec-11 Yds-253 Avg.- 23.0 TDs-2 Y/G-25.3

Punting

Josh Davis- 33 punts for 1491 yds for a avg of 45.18, 15 inside 20. (I pretty sure this is the best avg in the state. Because I can't find anyone higher.)

Ok I got the updated stats heading into the play-offs

Defense

Tackles Leaders- Team total 794

Calab Price 131

Jon Finch 88

Corey Keist 84

Newt Cagle 73

Joey England 61

Casey Lovelady 47

Johnny "Duny" Herd 41

Sacks Leaders- Team total 36

Joey England 7

Jon Finch 5

Corey Keist 5

Calab Price 4

Newt Cagle 3

Kenzie Goins 3

I wish they had hurries listed because Joey would be leading that by a bunch.

INTs Leader team total 14

J.T. Stone 4

4 others with 2

2 others with 1

Offense

Passing

Cam Tallent Comp-93 Att-169 Comp%-.550 Yds 1405 Y/G-140 TDs-16 INTs-6 QB Rating-99

Rushing Leaders

Jacob Moffett Car- 132 Yds-775 Y/G-77.5 TDs-7

Justin Rice Car-77 Yds-305 Y/G-30.5 TDs-5

Tyler Dennis Car-32 Yds-331 Y/G-36.8 TDs 1 (Note- Dennis had 195 yds in last game)

Receiving

A.J. Brown Rec-30 Yds-568 Avg. 18.93 TDs-6 Y/G-71.0 (in only 8 games)

Jacob Moffett Rec-27 Yds- 270 Avg. 10.0 TDs-3 Y/G 27.0

J.T. Stone Rec-14 Yds-276 Avg.- 19.71 TDs-2 Y/G-30.7

Jacob Swafford Rec-11 Yds-253 Avg.- 23.0 TDs-2 Y/G-25.3

Punting

Josh Davis- 33 punts for 1491 yds for a avg of 45.18, 15 inside 20. (I pretty sure this is the best avg in the state. Because I can't find anyone higher.)

i didnt feel like copying all of our stats down so here's a link, theyre only good through the first 9 games, the most recent ones from powell should be up soon.

http://stats.prepxtra.com/football/boys/te...1084/2008-2009/

i didnt feel like copying all of our stats down so here's a link, theyre only good through the first 9 games, the most recent ones from powell should be up soon.

http://stats.prepxtra.com/football/boys/te...1084/2008-2009/

On paper this game should be good but we all know what is on paper doesn't necessarily always translate onto the field.

Here are Clinton and Rhea Co. and their records and the results of their games this year.

Rhea Co. 8-2

________

Cumberland Co. (1-8) W 28-0

Hixon (4-6) W 32-21

Soddy Daisy (7-3) W 21-20

Brainerd (3-7) W 37-6

McMinn Co. (6-4) L 32-49

Walker Valley (6-4) W 34-8

Chatt Central (1-9) W 48-18

Red Bank (7-3) W 9-6

Cleveland (7-3) L 7-41

White Co. ( 2-8) W 31-7

Clinton 6-4

Anderson Co. (7-3) L 32-34

Maryville (10-0) L 16-38

Campbell Co. (5-5) W 36-33

South Doyle (4-6) W 54-30

Oak Ridge (4-6) W 21-6

Knox Halls (4-6) W 33-17

Lenoir City (1-9) W 35-21

Knox West (4-6) L 19-23

Knox Central (4-6) W 34-31

Powell (8-2) L 30-47

Two things, OSUNuT:

First of all, Powell defensive coordinator Phil Wilks made some pretty significant adjustments at halftime. During the second half he went with several different defensive looks, most notably 4 down linemen and two safeties at times. That seemed to confuse Stone, given that Powell plays a 3 man front and one safety 99% of the time.

Secondly, the fact that Powell two platoons for the most part (they do have a couple of guys who see snaps both ways, but no two way starters) had an effect on the game. Clinton started, I think, 4 or 5 guys both ways and played 9 or 10 players signficiant snaps both ways pretty much the entire game. I think they did tire in the second half more than Powell did.

The two platoon has had a definite affect on several of Powell's opponents this year. They have generally been the team with the most legs in the second half this season.

You are absolutely right. A lot of the Powell fans in the stands were commenting on how the 2-platoon system wore the Clinton offensive and defensive lines out. You could really see the effects of that by the end of the 3rd quarter. I'm glad to see that it is working so well.