Clinton at Rhea County

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clinton dont have anyone near that size on their team. They played well against Anderson Co. this year and A.C had a huge line. It should be a pretty good first round game. I finally have a good reason to go to Evensville! Can you see Rhea Co. high school from Hwy 27? I hope Clinton brings alot of fans down, but im not sure how well we will travel that far away. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Well there is plenty of room for all Clinton's fans. Yes you can see the high school from 27 but the first thing you will see is the stadium lights and the school is on the right coming from the north. We do have a big O and D-line. Revis (6'4 275) Walker (6'6 300) Aaron Daggett (6'0 250) Preston Harris (6'0 235) and Arty Travis (6'0 240) This is are starting line on Offense. Defense wise are line looks like this for friday, Newt Cagle 6'0 205, Joey England 6'0 240, and Kenzie Goins 6'3 190. I don't have the up dated stats on Joey and the rest of the defense, but I will post them when I find out. Our offense and defense have good balanced. I hope A.J. and J.T. are back we are going to need them.

im comin all the way from etsu up here in johnson city and was wondering if rhea county is on this side or the other side of clinton, anyone know? i really hope they're on this side thats gonna be a 2 hour drive goin home already and i really dont want another drive on top of that.

Oh the drive isn't that bad of a drive I make the trip every week since I have some classes up there. It is interstate all the way expect for a 30 min drive on 68 to 27 from sweetwater. I can normally make it from the JC to the high school in 2 hours 45 mins.

I've seen a few people state that Clinton blew that game against Powell, and I have to disagree. I was very impressed with just how potent the Clinton offense was. Darian Stone was awesome, when he had time to throw the football. I was a bit baffled by the Clinton play-calling after halftime, because they were able to move the football with ease (and score 30 points) in the first half. Clinton didn't get conservative after halftime, but they had very little room to run the ball in the 2nd half. The Powell defense also appeared to put a lot more pressure on Stone after halftime. Stone forced 2 bad throws that ended in picks, and Powell cashed in on both. The TD run by Kier Houston on the 1st play of the second half was big, but the interception (and return) by Powell just a couple of plays later was the real game changer. After Powell took the lead, Clinton seemed to panic a little, which I was very surprised to see, since there was still a quarter and a half to play. Clinton's defense seemed to tire late in the 3rd quarter, which resulted in some solid gains up the middle for Powell in the 3rd and 4th quarters. The Clinton offensive line seemed gassed at about the same time, which might also explain why Powell was able to get so much pressure on Stone. To say that Clinton blew that game is just not true. Both teams played hard, but Powell played a complete 48 minute game. Clinton looked like 2 different teams out there. If the Dragons could have duplicated their 1st half performance, they probably would have won the game.

Darian Stone is an excellent quarterback who has a cannon for an arm, is very accurate, and has excellent scrambling ability. Hopefully, Weston Hazelhurst will be available for this game. He was very effective early against Powell, but their running attack never really got going once he left the game. It will be interesting to see if Rhea County can slow down Clinton's offense. If this game is a shootout, Clinton wins.

I've seen a few people state that Clinton blew that game against Powell, and I have to disagree. I was very impressed with just how potent the Clinton offense was. Darian Stone was awesome, when he had time to throw the football. I was a bit baffled by the Clinton play-calling after halftime, because they were able to move the football with ease (and score 30 points) in the first half. Clinton didn't get conservative after halftime, but they had very little room to run the ball in the 2nd half. The Powell defense also appeared to put a lot more pressure on Stone after halftime. Stone forced 2 bad throws that ended in picks, and Powell cashed in on both. The TD run by Kier Houston on the 1st play of the second half was big, but the interception (and return) by Powell just a couple of plays later was the real game changer. After Powell took the lead, Clinton seemed to panic a little, which I was very surprised to see, since there was still a quarter and a half to play. Clinton's defense seemed to tire late in the 3rd quarter, which resulted in some solid gains up the middle for Powell in the 3rd and 4th quarters. The Clinton offensive line seemed gassed at about the same time, which might also explain why Powell was able to get so much pressure on Stone. To say that Clinton blew that game is just not true. Both teams played hard, but Powell played a complete 48 minute game. Clinton looked like 2 different teams out there. If the Dragons could have duplicated their 1st half performance, they probably would have won the game.

Darian Stone is an excellent quarterback who has a cannon for an arm, is very accurate, and has excellent scrambling ability. Hopefully, Weston Hazelhurst will be available for this game. He was very effective early against Powell, but their running attack never really got going once he left the game. It will be interesting to see if Rhea County can slow down Clinton's offense. If this game is a shootout, Clinton wins.

I agree with you, OSUnut, that Clinton didn't just "Blow" the game. I think that takes away credit from the Powell coaches and players, when they really made excellent adjustments after halftime. I do think that Clinton could've just as easily won as they lost, but they made too many mistakes, and Powell capitalized on them.

As far as Rhea Co. goes, I don't know anything about them. It does seem from these posts that they have a pretty HUGE line and a classy bunch of fans.

Rhea fans, how is your overall team speed? Clinton has played a few teams with pretty big lines this year, including AC and South Doyle, but Clinton's wealth of talent and speed at the skill positions has kept their offense moving. THey have only scored less than 30 points three times this year.

If Rhea can hold Clinton to less than 21, I think they'll win. However, I agree with others that if this is a shootout, Clinton wins. They just have so many weapons.

Agreed. Clinton did not just blow the game against Powell. Not taking anything away from the Stone kid at Clinton. He is NOT the qb, Houston, from Powell.

Two things, OSUNuT:

First of all, Powell defensive coordinator Phil Wilks made some pretty significant adjustments at halftime. During the second half he went with several different defensive looks, most notably 4 down linemen and two safeties at times. That seemed to confuse Stone, given that Powell plays a 3 man front and one safety 99% of the time.

Secondly, the fact that Powell two platoons for the most part (they do have a couple of guys who see snaps both ways, but no two way starters) had an effect on the game. Clinton started, I think, 4 or 5 guys both ways and played 9 or 10 players signficiant snaps both ways pretty much the entire game. I think they did tire in the second half more than Powell did.

The two platoon has had a definite affect on several of Powell's opponents this year. They have generally been the team with the most legs in the second half this season.

As for our speed, AJ Brown(#3, WR/S) is one of the most special players I've seen in years to wear the green and gold. He's just in a different gear then his competition in every single game. He bruised his kneecap during the Chattanooga Central game, and has seen limited playing time since then. As far as I know he's 100% and will be ready to play Friday. Besides him, Jacob Moffet (#10, WR/RB/OLB) is another kid to watch out for. He's just a complete football player. Has great moves, break away speed, vision, and doesn't make mistakes often. I really love to watch him play.

Should be a good game. I hope you guys are just talking your players up. It sounds like you've got some real speedsters. I look for it to be a high scoring game because our defense hasn't stopped anyone yet (alright they stopped Red Bank). I'm thinking we win 42-31.

I know absolutely nothing about Clinton so...with my heart I say Rhea County, high off tonight, takes this first-round play-off game. What do you think? I know nothing about Rhey County BUT I hope you guys win. Clinton has a good QB with strong arm but he doesn't like to get hit. ANDERSON COUNTY kept LBERS in his face and played bump & run on his WRs, they dont like to get hit either, so make them pay. Clinton RBs are good but not speed demons . AC LBERS ran them down. BUT AC has their number LIKE NINE YEARS in a row, but they did beat OAKRIDGE. CLINTONS defense is their weak point, run, run, run or pass, pass, pass; take your pick. goodluck, GODBLESS your team. But tell your players to watch for cheap shots, low blows, and #54 taking out your knees and jumping on the pile after the play is over. HOPEFULLY RHEA COUNTY HAS GOOD and FAIR REFs.

As for our speed, AJ Brown(#3, WR/S) is one of the most special players I've seen in years to wear the green and gold. He's just in a different gear then his competition in every single game. He bruised his kneecap during the Chattanooga Central game, and has seen limited playing time since then. As far as I know he's 100% and will be ready to play Friday. Besides him, Jacob Moffet (#10, WR/RB/OLB) is another kid to watch out for. He's just a complete football player. Has great moves, break away speed, vision, and doesn't make mistakes often. I really love to watch him play.

Should be a good game. I hope you guys are just talking your players up. It sounds like you've got some real speedsters. I look for it to be a high scoring game because our defense hasn't stopped anyone yet (alright they stopped Red Bank). I'm thinking we win 42-31.

we do have some serious speed this year with witherspoon, frasier, daniels and company. our QB is very mobile and has a cannon, our rb's arent super fast but they weston is still a huge playmaker, he wont burn you down the field but it takes alot to bring him down and hes super shifty. martin is also a solid player only problem this year has been occasional weak line play. this cant be blamed on the kids we just havent been able to have a great line for awhile. we had a huge line last year that averaged probably 280 or so and we still didnt do as well as we should its just been a weakness the last few seasons. i agree with the earlier post that clinton will prolly win in a shootout but if theyre held under 21 i doubt theyl win unless the D has an amazing game.