Ooltewah Owls Region 2-5A Champs Outright

lovehsfootball

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hunter is a split zone school. So I guess you guys are planning on getting all the players from there? /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> I would say Principal King and the others at Central might have something to say about that. It is a new area and the days of Ooltewah cherry picking over Hunter are over. If the parents want their kids at Ooltewah, tell them to get a for sale sign! Doubt the house will go too quickly in this market though!! :roflol. Good luck to the owls but don't think you will get all the players from hunter, those days are over!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Hunter is a split zone school. So I guess you guys are planning on getting all the players from there? /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> I would say Principal King and the others at Central might have something to say about that. It is a new area and the days of Ooltewah cherry picking over Hunter are over. If the parents want their kids at Ooltewah, tell them to get a for sale sign! Doubt the house will go too quickly in this market though!! :roflol. Good luck to the owls but don't think you will get all the players from hunter, those days are over!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

dont be haten /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

thats good to hear wardawg wondered when that pipeline from hunter would get redirected back to central

Doesn't really matter - generally all of the good players are zoned Ooltewah that go to Hunter. Only about a few every year are really lost that would make a difference.

It's always been that way with the Chattanooga media who has a love affair with Boyd-Buc (who play kids that couldn't cut it at Ooltewah....nothing wrong with that), and McCallie and Baylor. We have always been treated like we don't exist. I'll have to hand it to Stump Martin who is always promoting Ooltewah athletics.

Funny how so many kids that "couldn't cut it" at Ooltewah end up playing at other area schools private and public and doing quite well. I know first hand that some of the kids that leave Ooltewah leave for far more important reasons than just "playing time" in sports. Seems like Ooltewah football got all the media they could ever want and then some last year! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Funny how so many kids that "couldn't cut it" at Ooltewah end up playing at other area schools private and public and doing quite well. I know first hand that some of the kids that leave Ooltewah leave for far more important reasons than just "playing time" in sports. Seems like Ooltewah football got all the media they could ever want and then some last year! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

They're doing quite well because they're facing way less competition and play against crappy teams compared to Ooltewah. I'm not sure what your point is?

Yes - there are some people who leave for other reasons than playing time - but I know MANY that have left because they weren't going to get to play much and were at best a backup and ending up starting at smaller schools.

It's always been that way with the Chattanooga media who has a love affair with Boyd-Buc (who play kids that couldn't cut it at Ooltewah....nothing wrong with that), and McCallie and Baylor. We have always been treated like we don't exist. I'll have to hand it to Stump Martin who is always promoting Ooltewah athletics.

haha thats funny. Couldn't cut it at Ooltewah. I guess I may be one of those since I chose Boyd over Ooltewah in my athletic days. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I haven't kept up with the paper much this year, I mainly use coacht, but in the past I know Ooltewah normally gets a lot of attention. It use to annoy the heck out of me cause I got tired of reading stuff I already knew, Ooltewah was good.