Soddy Daisy @ Bearden

Knoxville21

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Their defense isn't anything special - and they throw it well - and throw it a TON unless the running game is really going.

But that also leads to INTs when you throw that much. They'll be a tough out if they take care of the football.

I am from soddy and i agree the defense isnt great at least not good enough to beat anyone. The offense is where they are good. Except for last fri soddys qb had been very protective of the ball. He threw 4 ints last fri but only 4 all year before that. He also has 26 tds now. He is a good qb but if you can put pressure on him he will make mistakes. This should be a close one. soddy isnt very good against the run. I think it will be a shoot out. sd close by 7 or less

If I am Soddy, I get the ball in the hands of #7 as much as possible. He IS your play maker. If you play like you did against us the first half... lights out Bearden. Good luck!

That's for dang sure. SD would run two receiver routes and #7 would get open everytime. Good luck Trojans and hope to see you back at the nest in two weeks.

Go Owls

If I am Soddy, I get the ball in the hands of #7 as much as possible. He IS your play maker. If you play like you did against us the first half... lights out Bearden. Good luck!

Bearden will counter with Young. If Soddy has problems defending the run, they are in for a long night.

Bearden will counter with Young. If Soddy has problems defending the run, they are in for a long night.

Soddy's problem with the run was because #22 POLK for Ooltewah is something special. We have had many great RB's over the past 10 years but POLK is totally different from anything I have ever seen. He is patient and allows his blockers to make contact... then he hits the high gear and smoke rises from behind his cleats. I would not judge their running defense by what happened to them at Ooltewah, but if you have a POLK like runner, then you should do pretty good. Ooltweah only passed the ball 3 times. A balanced attack like Farragut had caused SD alot of problems early.

Ooltewah ran downhill all night. They lined up in a pro I offense and ran iso left-right and trap left-right.... From what I've seen Bearden is a shot gun team. Ooltewah just knocked Soddy back. Bearden does have an awesome sophomore running back. Small but quick like a cat. Hope Soddy comes out on top. Go Trojans!