Oneida hosts Cloudland

Pujo do you knwo much about the South Pitt or Trousdale defenses?? i havent really heard much about it but im sure they are both good in all aspects of the game!

I know there are some games to play. I follow SP and other teams in the Sequatchie valley. I will say that South Pittsburg's defense is better this year than last year. Ask Boyd and Tyner fans. They have enough depth to have a offensive line and a defensive line. None of the lineman go both ways unless it is late in the game (when it has been decided) to give some of the O-lineman some experience on D and only 2 of the starting D-lineman will play O for experience. This is not to stir anything up because each team has to take care of business to get to the semis. You wanted to know some info and this is what I know about SP's defense. They also have very good linebackers one of them is a D-I propect. I don't know much about Trousdale other than the fact last year they were very tough for a 1st round game and they didn't graduate many from last year's team.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pujo do you knwo much about the South Pitt or Trousdale defenses?? i havent really heard much about it but im sure they are both good in all aspects of the game!

We (TC) have a pretty tough defense. Unlike SP, most of our players have to go both ways, but that's how it has always been. On the year, we have given up 66 points, but only 19 of those have been scored on our starters. As far as scheme, I probably shouldn't get into that (if I even could). Good luck this week with Cloudland, but I don't think you'll need it. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I think Cloudland will hard and show the pride this program has had over the years and Idon't think they want anyone's mercy. They will come to play . Anything can happen is a highschool football game and I'm sure both sides are aware of that. Just hope both teams play with Class and pride. I'm sure both coaches would be satisfied.

let us get serious for a second. Oneida is the giant in region 1 and 2, and they will grind the cloudlands bones to make their bread,

Remade28, I think you summed it up by saying ,they are both very good. In My honest opinion ,I think Trousdale had the best defence n 1a last season, they didn't lose anyone. South pitt is loaded but From What I've heard ,their defence is better than their offence this season. Thats a scary thought. I do think Oneida's defence is right there with either one.

Remade28, I think you summed it up by saying ,they are both very good. In My honest opinion ,I think Trousdale had the best defence n 1a last season, they didn't lose anyone. South pitt is loaded but From What I've heard ,their defence is better than their offence this season. Thats a scary thought. I do think Oneida's defence is right there with either one.

Yeah i agree with you Oneidas Defense is just as good as any other out there!

We (TC) have a pretty tough defense. Unlike SP, most of our players have to go both ways, but that's how it has always been. On the year, we have given up 66 points, but only 19 of those have been scored on our starters. As far as scheme, I probably shouldn't get into that (if I even could). Good luck this week with Cloudland, but I don't think you'll need it. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

[/quote

pretty much all of Oneida's players play both ways also

Yeah i agree with you Oneidas Defense is just as good as any other out there!

This may shock alot of people and I could be crazy fo saying this,but I think the 4th round will be Trousdale and Oneida. Ijust think Trousdale will be able to keep South Pitt somewhat in check. Trousdale's offence has improved and that makes them extremely danderous. They take their Football serious. I like um.

Where is everybody? KAZ,Flair and even Cleatless has been quite....whats going on guys....where you all at?????? /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

ZZZZzzzzzzzz, uh what?!?! Sorry, champ, It has been a slow week I suppose. Cloudland intriques me, they will probably try a few things early to keep themselves in the ball game. Over time the Indians should be able to pull away from them. I'm not going to disrespect that group....they have had some really outstanding teams in the past and they have hit a little slump. Believe me, been there.....don't want to go back....but probably will....we are definitely in a good cycle. Look for the Highlanders to attempt several 4th down tries in this game. (I would say they will go for it every time if they are within 5 yards of a first)(unless they are really deep in their own end) Of course being successful against Lambert isn't going to make their job any easier.

Concerning Defenses....all I know is the defensive coordinator with the #1 ranked defense in the state last season resides in Oneida. Just like TC, he has them all back this season with the exception of one player. As good as they were a season ago, there is no question they have improved based on the record to date. They are athletic and stronger in the trenches and their single fault is they too play on both sides of the ball.....however, they have been able to create a little bit of depth as the season has worn on. The LB's are excellent as well, they arrive in a hurry and definitely pack a punch when they get there! Plus, Brown (who is finally medically released to play) turns this group from very good to outstanding with his return to the line-up. (even Pujo hasn't seen this kid play yet) The secondary goes with about 5 or six kids, and they are all very solid players. There is plenty of speed in this group, so they very rarely get beat deep. You know I don't even know how many points have been scored against them, but no one has put up more than 22 (I think). And they continue to stop offenses that are known for their scoring. (Greenback 34ppg, Midway 24ppg) Of course So Pitt and TC are real animals, but until they are on our radar, we are going to concentrate on Highlanders.

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Kazito /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

What the Sam Hill! I wake up from a week long siesta and no one makes a comment otherwise???? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Also wanted to say thanks to the posters that made favorable comments about our kids and our fans. Hey, we are going to remain as humble as possible because we've seen both the Penthouse and the Outhouse with our football team. If you don't get all infatuated with the "bells and whistles" of the Penthouse it can be a pretty nice place to be. However, our experience in the Outhouse (doghouse, woodshed, etc.) makes one have a much greater appreciation of the finer things in life. We certainly like and appreciate where we currently are, but for no means do we take it for granted. Cloudland gets the first shot at knocking us off our "little podium", but we aren't going without a fight....I can promise you that!

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Kaz /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

What the Sam Hill! I wake up from a week long siesta and no one makes a comment otherwise???? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Also wanted to say thanks to the posters that made favorable comments about our kids and our fans. Hey, we are going to remain as humble as possible because we've seen both the Penthouse and the Outhouse with our football team. If you don't get all infatuated with the "bells and whistles" of the Penthouse it can be a pretty nice place to be. However, our experience in the Outhouse (doghouse, woodshed, etc.) makes one have a much greater appreciation of the finer things in life. We certainly like and appreciate where we currently are, but for no means do we take it for granted. Cloudland gets the first shot at knocking us off our "little podium", but we aren't going without a fight....I can promise you that!

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Kaz /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Never fear Kazoo, monkeyboy is here!!!! I will play devils advocate: your team stinks, your fans are rude, your prideless, classes, void of character, orange and white are ugly colors, the song Rocky Top hurts my ears, Manifest Destiny is a fair deal for all involved, Ohs92statechUmp is very intelligent, and I almost forgot TL is a big ole sissy. I did not want to make you feel left out and insignificant because no one has posted. Now that I have all of that out of the way, I'll take Oneida 34-6. I do not buy the humble bit, you know you have a good team. Kaz, this is a family message board - Penthouse magazine is inappropriate. me climb trees