Sullivan North vs Morristown East

EASTFAN

yep, yes we do but aleast we have 4 back to back to back to back Conference titles to show for it /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> c'mon say it with me 1...2...3.....4-peat bi%#$ /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

You are right! But with all the talent you guys have had in the past 4 years but no!! State championship what does that say about you guys choke! Choke! Now say it with me 1.choke 2.choke 3.choke 4.choke /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are right! But with all the talent you guys have had in the past 4 years but no!! State championship what does that say about you guys choke! Choke! Now say it with me 1.choke 2.choke 3.choke 4.choke /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Wow, you are putting us up there with DB now. Not really choking when you get beat by Maryville. Please try again. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Does North have enough speed to run the edges? A passing game?

If you have a good run defense, you will win easily. Norf has no passing game. I've seen your passing defense in past years so you just need to play man to man and load up the box. They don't spread the field (usually just one receiver) so you can have 10 guys in the box to stop them. If you have good tacklers and any kind of defensive line, you will be celebrating by halftime. See you in round 2 at Death Valley. Always fun to play you all. Had some good games the past couple of years. Do you have any kind of passing game?

Cane ole buddy this board has been infected by the Borg. So I must reply. No and No. They pound the ball then people tighten up and then boom the pass. You know the routine. I believe East has enough muscle not to load up the box, which will deminish the Raiders passing efficiency.

They ran big scores up against lesser teams, but struggled offensively against better squads.

Cane-- I looked at their last stats and North ran sweeps and counters 66

times. Only threw and completed one pass .

Pearey 23 for 126

McReynolds 19 for 93

Washington 10 for 87

Baker 5 for 21

Woodard 5 for 20

Rushing---66 for 342

One thing I did not understand was the statement their tackle pan caked his

opponent time after time.

Based on the above ,it may be the best defense will win the game.

I posted the question regarding why South was playing Cherokee and yes I am serious! No reason for you to be so rude! No, I don't think the #1 ranked team from Region 1 should play the #1 ranked team from Region 2 in the first round. But, I do think the the higher ranking teams should play the higher ranked teams in their region and then move on to the higher ranked teams in the next region. But at this point I really don't care who plays against South as long as they beat South. Wouldn't it be awesome to see a lower ranking team like Cherokee beat a higher ranked team like South? That would be poetic justice!! Go Raiders!!!

Mom, I would like to attempt to provide a responsible answer. The reason that a Region1 team does not play another Region1 Team in the playoffs is that--most likely they have just played each other (i.e., South vs THS). It is and always has been the custom for Region1 #1 to play Region2 #4, Reg.1 #4 to play Reg.2 #1 and the 2's and 3's from both regions play each other, and that makes sense as the #4 team has lost more games and has, deservingly so, a rougher route thru the playoffs than the # 1 team, who may be unbeaten at that point. The intent is to put the best 2 teams in the final game. YOu wouldn't want a #4 team playing a #4 team and get to Round 3, when a #1 team was beaten by a #1 team in Round 1. Does that make sense??

If you have a good run defense, you will win easily. Norf has no passing game. I've seen your passing defense in past years so you just need to play man to man and load up the box. They don't spread the field (usually just one receiver) so you can have 10 guys in the box to stop them. If you have good tacklers and any kind of defensive line, you will be celebrating by halftime. See you in round 2 at Death Valley. Always fun to play you all. Had some good games the past couple of years. Do you have any kind of passing game?

Yes, we actually do. We are the type of team that will NOT complete a series of passes in a drive but will hit the deep ball for a score and lossen up a D for the run. I would say we are about 50% completion on the year and have several guys that have caught passes.

Cane-- I looked at their last stats and North ran sweeps and counters 66

times. Only threw and completed one pass .

Pearey 23 for 126

McReynolds 19 for 93

Washington 10 for 87

Baker 5 for 21

Woodard 5 for 20

Rushing---66 for 342

Based on the above ,it may be the best defense will win the game.

Our D has looked really good against the run all year when we are in our regular sets. GHS had us stretched to protect against the pass and burnt us with the run. I think we will be OK. I think Knight will be back at middle LB this week and I am not so sure we are better off. Helton has done a good job filling the inside 3 of the last 4 weeks. I am not saying we don't need him out there every play but maybe at strong where his speed will be better utilized and his inability to read will not be highlighted. In all, I think we will be OK.

Morristown West had more talent in 2005 than Sullivan South and the team that was supposed to win did win. The same goes for Maryville last year; they were the better team. Maryville has only lost two games in the past 8 seasons, you really have to see them execute before you come to such quick conclusions. The only time you could argue that South choked was against Morristown East in '06.

Morristown West had more talent in 2005 than Sullivan South and the team that was supposed to win did win. The same goes for Maryville last year; they were the better team. Maryville has only lost two games in the past 8 seasons, you really have to see them execute before you come to such quick conclusions. The only time you could argue that South choked was against Morristown East in '06.

I have seen them! I go to the state tournament every year I??™m just saying they like to spout off their mouth meaning ???south people ??? how great they are .I just wonder how good they would be if the Sullivan county school board closed one of their big feeder schools. North has been struggling now for a few years but the Bloomingdale and a few Lynn garden people are showing how to persevere

I have seen them! I go to the state tournament every year I??™m just saying they like to spout off their mouth meaning ???south people ??? how great they are .I just wonder how good they would be if the Sullivan county school board closed one of their big feeder schools. North has been struggling now for a few years but the Bloomingdale and a few Lynn garden people are showing how to persevere

Oh please!! Go recruit some more DB transfers. South keeps losing students too because the city wants to annex everything. It's not like we have as many students as Science Hill or DB. South wasn't far away from being a 4A school next year instead of a 5A school but we aren't whining about it. Talking about a feeder system has made me crave mama's house. Can you all start serving the baked fish on Thursday night instead of Friday night? I'm going to be at the game and I hate to miss it. It's sooooooooo good!! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Mom, I would like to attempt to provide a responsible answer. The reason that a Region1 team does not play another Region1 Team in the playoffs is that--most likely they have just played each other (i.e., South vs THS). It is and always has been the custom for Region1 #1 to play Region2 #4, Reg.1 #4 to play Reg.2 #1 and the 2's and 3's from both regions play each other, and that makes sense as the #4 team has lost more games and has, deservingly so, a rougher route thru the playoffs than the # 1 team, who may be unbeaten at that point. The intent is to put the best 2 teams in the final game. YOu wouldn't want a #4 team playing a #4 team and get to Round 3, when a #1 team was beaten by a #1 team in Round 1. Does that make sense??

Thank you for the polite and informative answer.

This was reported wrong by Tricititessports.com. The statement is wrong because it was not the tackle doing the pancaking...it was the center.

I would just like to take a moment to thank JohnB. and canefan72 for trying to return this thread to what it is supposed to be.....wait let me think......Oh yeah...Sullivan North @ Morristown East. I had to check back because it started sounding more like two sisters fighting over the new kid in school than an actual thread about a first round playoff game.

East has a "fair" defensive line...when they are allowed to come out and play. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

They have a solid LB core, even with James H. injured.

The corners and safeties are fast and will lay a hit on you, if they can make up their minds to do so. They also make up for their mistakes with speed, lets just hope Coach D has elimanated this problem.

The defense held Boone to 105 total yards last Thursday. Here's hoping that they can keep it up for about another month or so.

P.S. Didn't Boone and West go into OT when they played each other?