Goodpasture vs MBA

SCM20

Posted by rollredroll:

A few questions:

1) For Goodpasture players/fans, who else did you scrimmage this year, and how did the team fare in those contests? Also, what is the outlook for Goodpasture this year? Is the team expected to be the class of AA again this year, or is it a rebuilding year?

2) For MBA players, how would you assess the preseason? It seems like the team was respectable, especially considering having to adapt to a new system and coach. What is the outlook for the long trip to DB this week? Hopefully the Big Red can play with that tough team.

[Edited by rollredroll on 8-19-02 9:13P]

I would agree with the earlier gentleman that they don't draw the same players. MBA is on West End and GP is off the interstate in Madison. It's right at a 15 minute drive from one to the other. I think he's also correct in saying that GP is much more blue collar than an MBA, BGA, or BA.

As for the indoor facility. There isn't one. They got a new weightroom and coaches offices and locker rooms. Up until two years ago they were using a portable for all of those. The visitors used the schools little gym. Their football stadium is nothing special either. As far as that's conscerned there are 2 or 3 in the region alone that are better.

Concerning the pre-season they have not put it all together yet. But that's every year. I'll tell you how good they are from about week 9 till the end of their season.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John Boy,

I never said that Goodpasture was more "Blue Collar" than MBA. I also did not say that the two schools were 15 minutes from each other. What I did say is that the 2 schools are seperated by a 45 minute drive. The only way to get from Goodpasture to MBA during rush hour trafic (which is the time that kids go to shcool) is to take a helicopter and land it on the G-Mans tennis court. From now on if you are going to quote me be sure to get it correct.

Posted by cbg:

John Boy,

I never said that Goodpasture was more "Blue Collar" than MBA. I also did not say that the two schools were 15 minutes from each other. What I did say is that the 2 schools are seperated by a 45 minute drive. The only way to get from Goodpasture to MBA during rush hour trafic (which is the time that kids go to shcool) is to take a helicopter and land it on the G-Mans tennis court. From now on if you are going to quote me be sure to get it correct.

First of all the name's not John Boy. Secondly I wasn't quoting you. And thirdly 99% of the week it is not rush hour and it's only a fifteen minute drive. I did it at 6:00 last friday.

Posted by nighttrainlane:

If they don't have an indoor facility are they building one? I've heard coaches around the state comment on it.

Nope. It's a beat up old cutlass. And no I haven't installed the wings yet. As for the indoor facility... I have not heard anything of the sort. I know Marshall County recently built one and it seems like one of the private schools in sumner county has one but I'm not sure on that one.

For those in Nashville looking for me I'll be the guy flying over in the old cutlass.