Goodpasture vs MBA

SCM20

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ALL IN ALL THIS WAS A GOOD SCRIMMAGE THAT SHOWED GREATNESS BY BOTH TEAM THE FINAL SCORE WITH THE STARTERS WAS MBA 10 GP 0.IT WOULD HAVE BEEN 10 TO 10 IF NOT FOR A MISSED FIELD GOAL AND AN DROP TOUCHDOWN PASS BY THE COUGARS.MBAS FISHER DID WELL RAN THE BALL GOOD BUT DIDNT THROW EXPETIONALLY WELL ALL THOUGHT HE DID HAVE GOOD YARDAGE MOST LY COMING FROM AND TWO YARD SHOVEL PASS.DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW THE GP QB AND IS HE SUPPOSED TO BE PRETTY GOOD.GOODPASTURES DEFENSE DIDNT LOOK THAT GREAT THEY HAD A HARD TIME WRAPPING THE BALL CARRIER UP.

Posted by Swildcat1967:

Hey, john john, can you help, do you know how this scrimmage turned out? :confused:

Yes. It was 9-0 starters vs starters. One article I read about the scrimmage stated that GP's two best running backs didn't carry the ball at all. The first field goal came off of a turnover deep in GP territory. I saw the MBA touchdown drive and I thought their qb threw the ball pretty well. Their running game was pretty good too. They guy ran extremely hard. There were a couple of busted plays by Goodpasture but other than that I thought it was pretty even. MBA will be a solid team this year.

The earlier post was correct as well. A GP youngster dropped a touchdown pass at the end of the first quarter and they did miss a field goal. As far as competing with DII. It all depends on the team and the year. I would like to see a GP vs MBA in a real game. I think it would be a really good one.

Goodpasture and MBA do not attract the same student/athletes on a regular basis. MBA is much more difficult with their academic load, the tuition is much higher to attend MBA, and the two schools are about 45 minutes from each other. Both schools are good but quite different in their mission.

A few questions:

1) For Goodpasture players/fans, who else did you scrimmage this year, and how did the team fare in those contests? Also, what is the outlook for Goodpasture this year? Is the team expected to be the class of AA again this year, or is it a rebuilding year?

2) For MBA players, how would you assess the preseason? It seems like the team was respectable, especially considering having to adapt to a new system and coach. What is the outlook for the long trip to DB this week? Hopefully the Big Red can play with that tough team.

[Edited by rollredroll on 8-19-02 9:13P]