Indy's seasons over - whats next?

footballin

Anybody heard anything about Indy football during the off season or for next year? Its been awfuly quiet from over there. - Oh - and don't let this turn into another coach bashing site. I'm talking bout program and players.

good core returning but the big question is did they find a running back and will the defense be able to stop the run - saw a thompson play he will be someone to look at ( soph ) and at heritage, saw a kid when he was 7th gader O Prade ( run back and LB ) he will be frosh

besides that i dont know

Anybody heard anything about Indy football during the off season or for next year? Its been awfuly quiet from over there. - Oh - and don't let this turn into another coach bashing site. I'm talking bout program and players.

good core returning but the big question is did they find a running back and will the defense be able to stop the run - saw a thompson play he will be someone to look at ( soph ) and at heritage, saw a kid when he was 7th gader O Prade ( run back and LB ) he will be frosh

besides that i dont know

Indy's problems will not be lack of talent. It is how the talent is used. They must go back to fundemental football. indy's defense struggled this year mainly because of preparation. Teams must hit 2-3 times a week on the high school level. If you followed Indy's games, the defense always played better in the second half. Also, it appears that Indy is a offensive minded first team. You must build your team around a good defense. I.E the best players must play defense. Second, with Hillsboro coming next year, making the playoff will be even harded. Indy must get faster, bigger and more aggressive to compete with the now powerhouses of the region. Franklin, Brentwood, Ravenwood are a lock for the playoffs next year with all of their returning starters. Indy, Centennial(losing alot of seniors) and a young Dickson county along with Hillsboro will fight for the last spot . From what I saw this year, I will put my money on Hillsboro for the fourth spot. Good luck Indy, but your current coaching philosophy must change are you will be left behind for years to come. Fundementals, attention to detail and consistency and fairness are they keys to any successful program.

Indy's problems will not be lack of talent. It is how the talent is used. They must go back to fundemental football. indy's defense struggled this year mainly because of preparation. Teams must hit 2-3 times a week on the high school level. If you followed Indy's games, the defense always played better in the second half. Also, it appears that Indy is a offensive minded first team. You must build your team around a good defense. I.E the best players must play defense. Second, with Hillsboro coming next year, making the playoff will be even harded. Indy must get faster, bigger and more aggressive to compete with the now powerhouses of the region. Franklin, Brentwood, Ravenwood are a lock for the playoffs next year with all of their returning starters. Indy, Centennial(losing alot of seniors) and a young Dickson county along with Hillsboro will fight for the last spot . From what I saw this year, I will put my money on Hillsboro for the fourth spot. Good luck Indy, but your current coaching philosophy must change are you will be left behind for years to come. Fundementals, attention to detail and consistency and fairness are they keys to any successful program.

we were not talking coaching on this thread plus Cent although in our region wont be fighting for a playoff spot as they are in classification that is lower and DC is not in our region at all

• 2 weeks later...

Best thing they can do to help the success next year is get their tails in the weight room and work HARD! Also they need to be running at least a mile a day with a pack with at lesst 20-40 pounds in it.

This applys to ANY kid at ANY school that wants to be successful in football.

I agree with you on the part about getting in the weight room. However aerobic exercise (running long distance) is not entirely beneficial to the anaerobic athlete (football player). There needs to be more of an emphasis placed on anaerobic exercise such as hill runs, sprints, footwork drills, etc.

I agree with you on the part about getting in the weight room. However aerobic exercise (running long distance) is not entirely beneficial to the anaerobic athlete (football player). There needs to be more of an emphasis placed on anaerobic exercise such as hill runs, sprints, footwork drills, etc.

A mile or two with weights will make sure they will NOT be totally gassed when the fourth quarter rolls around. The mile or two can be up and down hills also though. By the 'clone's' senior year I had his pack up to 75 pounds and it did wonders for both his calves and thighs. Enough so that NOBODY in the state was blowing him off the line in the state.