(2nd Round) Franklin Rebels vs. Hendersonvile Commandos

huskergymnast33

Here's a take from a raptor fan just now out of mourning. !st, congrats to H'ville on the win. Yazzie is much more than advertized and without him H'ville is sitting at home this week. That said, RHS' special teams are putrid! That's where the game was won by H'ville. Franklin's kicker will put most if not all of kickoffs (expect many of these) into the endzone which will negate Yazzie's return potential. Punts (which there will be few) are much better than RHS weak kicks and coverage is much better. So much for the "hidden yardage". When RHS mixed the run and pass, H'ville was simply lost and only effective when the run or pass was obvious. At those times they were good. If the H'ville D gives up 17 to RHS, FHS will at least double that score. FHS- double Yazzie in the pass routes or put #8 on him and the HHS offense will have little punch, On offense, don't throw Yazzie's way and you will have a field day, throw at him and it may well be a pick 6. BTW, when a #1 seed has to come from behind, then hang on for a win over a #4 seed, it's kind of silly for your fans to chant "overrated"...unless they were chanting to their own team. Bitter you ask,....yup but mainly disappointed in the Raptors. Good luck and health to both sides. I predict a Rebel win 31-7....Yazzie will get 1 TD despite FHS' best efforts to stop him...he's that good and deserved the Titans Player of the Week honor. Rebels, you have absolutely no excuse if you don't bring home the Gold ball this year! Good luck and I'll be watching.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds just like what you said.....a bitter Raptor fan.

HHS deserved to win the game, they earned it, no excuses, they were the better team. But... Franklin is a completely different animal. That being said, we are talking about 16-18 year olds so if HHS pulls together and wins I'll be one of the first to congradulate them. I don't think they have the horses to win.

HHS deserved to win the game, they earned it, no excuses, they were the better team. But... Franklin is a completely different animal. That being said, we are talking about 16-18 year olds so if HHS pulls together and wins I'll be one of the first to congradulate them. I don't think they have the horses to win.

With that said, I remember #26 Zach Hill getting the corner numerous times and Ravenwood has not stopped him yet. As for Yazzie being the only player to stop I think he had two plays but he was not alone. The QB had all day to throw him the pass he caught (that O Line come thru) and on the punt return I saw at least 3 Blocks where the Raptors ended up flat on their backs. So lets just don't count all the Blocks that allowed the other 3 or 4 backs to reach the edges and gain 7, 8 9 yards at a time. And a defense that except for the first and part of the second quarters bent but never broke. Come on "POPS", your team brought all they had and got knocked out. The last thing you need to do is lose whinning and crying. Lose with some grace and dignity PLEASE. Ravenwood got whipped in the second half and that's that.

As for the chant "overrated" I believe that was the student section saying Ravenwoods student section was overrated because if I'm not mistaken in some poll or something Ravenwoods student section was supposed to be #1 and Hendersonville #2. We tend to have a little more class than that in H'ville.

I dont get why people keep saying brentwood crushed Franklin.... if you say that you obviously werent at the game....

but besides that i see Franklins D keeping it up and shutting down Hville and stopping yazzie.

with Franklin's offense coming out of the gates fast and jumping out early and then Franklin's D not allowing Hville to get back into the game....

35-14

I will explain the usage of the term "crushed". Brentwood won the game in the fourth quarter, but it is how they scored the winning TD that deserved the term "crushed". Brentwood ran over and through Franklin on that last drive, Krow and crew lined up and beat Franklin when it mattered. Best of all they beat Franklin's Defense, and Franklin is usually defined as a "defensive powerhouse", and Brentwood beat Franklin at their own game.

As for the chant "overrated" I believe that was the student section saying Ravenwoods student section was overrated because if I'm not mistaken in some poll or something Ravenwoods student section was supposed to be #1 and Hendersonville #2. We tend to have a little more class than that in H'ville.

The Ravenwood crowd was 3 X better than the Commando crowd. The football boosters and others in the stands were talking about how the small group of R'wood fans were louder than the home side. I saw Ravenwood a few years ago against HLane and they brought enough to fill up the visitor side 4 deep and had the hill full and they were loud and proud.

H'ville fans? Where were they last Fri Night? I've been to playoff games in OR, DB, Maryville, Red bank, Farragut and others and that's the worse home field side I've been on. Lots of seats not filled and quiet crowd. I've stood in 6 in;s of mud and rain coming down at Red Bank watching DB get beat and the stands were packed on both sides.

Why were the stands not packed? It wasn't that cold. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Here's a take from a raptor fan just now out of mourning. !st, congrats to H'ville on the win. Yazzie is much more than advertized and without him H'ville is sitting at home this week. That said, RHS' special teams are putrid! That's where the game was won by H'ville. Franklin's kicker will put most if not all of kickoffs (expect many of these) into the endzone which will negate Yazzie's return potential. Punts (which there will be few) are much better than RHS weak kicks and coverage is much better. So much for the "hidden yardage". When RHS mixed the run and pass, H'ville was simply lost and only effective when the run or pass was obvious. At those times they were good. If the H'ville D gives up 17 to RHS, FHS will at least double that score. FHS- double Yazzie in the pass routes or put #8 on him and the HHS offense will have little punch, On offense, don't throw Yazzie's way and you will have a field day, throw at him and it may well be a pick 6. BTW, when a #1 seed has to come from behind, then hang on for a win over a #4 seed, it's kind of silly for your fans to chant "overrated"...unless they were chanting to their own team. Bitter you ask,....yup but mainly disappointed in the Raptors. Good luck and health to both sides. I predict a Rebel win 31-7....Yazzie will get 1 TD despite FHS' best efforts to stop him...he's that good and deserved the Titans Player of the Week honor. Rebels, you have absolutely no excuse if you don't bring home the Gold ball this year! Good luck and I'll be watching.

Good Post! I see it your way but hope the Commandos step up and beat a great Frnklin team.

umm just to clarify... we were chanting overrated because ravenwood was voted the number 1 student section in the midstate and hendersonville was voted number 3. this was in the tennesseean. our student body knew this and wanted to send a message that we are the best student section. and also we had to fight back against a number 4 seed because they were not a typical number 4 seed. 4 seeds usually stink, but this was a really good team.

so we were chanting overrated to the opposing fans because they were voted number 1

The Ravenwood crowd was 3 X better than the Commando crowd. The football boosters and others in the stands were talking about how the small group of R'wood fans were louder than the home side. I saw Ravenwood a few years ago against HLane and they brought enough to fill up the visitor side 4 deep and had the hill full and they were loud and proud.

H'ville fans? Where were they last Fri Night? I've been to playoff games in OR, DB, Maryville, Red bank, Farragut and others and that's the worse home field side I've been on. Lots of seats not filled and quiet crowd. I've stood in 6 in;s of mud and rain coming down at Red Bank watching DB get beat and the stands were packed on both sides.

Why were the stands not packed? It wasn't that cold. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

if you were actually sitting with the war team during the game you wouldve know that we were the best fans that day by far. the ravenwood fans were horrible. when they scored the couldnt even run in the right order. to us it looked like... SROTPAR.... we were just like... "idk what they teach down there in brentwood, but we read left to right. lol. maybe they were doing it for their crowd i guess.

You have got to be kidding. Either you weren't at the game or maybe you need to loosen your ear muffs or maybe clean them out you know get the wax out. As for the Ravenwood crowd it was good but the Gallatin crowd was better and louder a couple weeks prior. I for one expected more people there on the Commando side. I believe the 5 or 6 games played in Sumner County(Beech, White House, Station Camp etc) had something to do with it. But we are past that its Franklin now.

You've got to be kidding me, you can't sit here and tell me that Ravenwood was louder in that game. I was there, and man, you are just plain wrong!