Henry Co. v. Fairley

chaos001

I read in the Commercial Appeal that the Fairley team is almost totally intact from last year. This is a team that was tied with us after three quarters last year. Their defense is more athletic and MUCH FASTER than either Munford or Kingsbury. With that said I don't expect them to stop us this year but they will better than a year ago.

Gotcha....thanks realgame....you know at this point in the season I could care less about the running clock stuff and blowouts, as long as our defense can stop the offense more than theirs stops ours....know what I mean? Just wandering if there is any team we've played this year that had a defense comparable to Fairleys?

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotcha....thanks realgame....you know at this point in the season I could care less about the running clock stuff and blowouts, as long as our defense can stop the offense more than theirs stops ours....know what I mean? Just wandering if there is any team we've played this year that had a defense comparable to Fairleys?

I would think that Fairley will have the best offense and the best defense we have faced this year. They have played us close the last two years. It could be close again. I would say they are obsessed with beating us. We have put them out the last three years in a row.

I would think that Fairley will have the best offense and the best defense we have faced this year. They have played us close the last two years. It could be close again. I would say they are obsessed with beating us. We have put them out the last three years in a row.

That is scary! 4 years in a row is very hard for ANY team to beat another, let alone in the playoffs. I do believe that our guys can beat Fairley, provided they play up to their capabilites, and limit the mistakes.

Yes, I expect a solid hard-fought Melrose victory.

While East played well in its earlier victory over Melrose, the INDISPUTABLE fact is this: Melrose GIFTED that victory to East!

-------------------------------------------------

East's option is the only thing that doomed Melrose. Specifically, the QB-keeper. Melrose simply did not defend the option well, at all...not by any stretch of the imigination. As a matter of fact, they were downright pathetic!

Melrose WILL adjust to defend East's entire option package, that includes the FB & TB. They would be have to be absolutely insane not to (I just don't think that Melrose's defensive staff would be that negligent & stupid).

East's coaching staff has shown itself to be very pragmatic & intuitive with its game tactics. Therefore, I fully expect East to come out and attempt a repeat of the successful strategy employed during the 1st game vs Melrose. They'd be foolish not to, IMO. It worked. Melrose did not/could not stop it.

Now, should Melrose's adjustments stiffle East's option offense, then I fully expect East's staff to remain true & patient to their game plan....initially. They absolutely will not be quick to abandon a proven formula for success vs Melrose.

During halftime...this is when I expect East to make any necesssary tactical adjustments, to exploit Melrose's defensive scheme.

As for East's defensive adjustments.....I don't think they'll change a thing, frankly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Remember, despite East's option-offense getting the better of Melrose, this was a game that Melrose still SHOULD have won!

During East's game-wining drive, Melrose stopped East TWICE on 4th down & long! It was only due to two bone-headed penalties by Melrose that enabled East to keep the ball, resume its drive on to the winning score.....Otherwise, all Melrose needed to do was to simply take posession of the ball, then run out the clock.

Game over. Melrose wins 25-22.

It is quite funny how everyone thinks that Melrose will beat East. You all are talking as if East has no coaching staff and will not be ready for Melrose to adjust to and try to stop the option. It is like I told you before, East is not an option team. They saw something that worked and kept running it. They have a balanced running attack and have the ability to throw the football. East made mistakes in that game just like Melrose, so to say that the game was won or lost with that one drive is insane. I remember before halftime East drove the ball to the Melrose 6 yardline only to have the center snap the ball while the QB was not ready for it and killed a scoring opportunity. Look, we will see Friday night. Coach was not happy with the performance on 10/31 so you best believe you will see a different team. I think they will be more on the attack this game. You forget that these are the region champs. They can score points in bunches. How many teams scored as many points on these teams as East has? Coach says they had a lot of assignment breakdowns that they will correct (especially on defense). East is the better team and I'm not just saying that to be a homer. They will just prove it on Friday night.

As for HC,

I hope you all do not think that Fairley will be a cake walk. We saw the strength of Region 7 Friday night. Fairley has good cover guys and will probably stack the box (no FS) to stop your run. I don't think your pass defense is that good, but you have Great pursuit. It will be a close game.

Go Region 8!!!

I read in the Commercial Appeal that the Fairley team is almost totally intact from last year. This is a team that was tied with us after three quarters last year. Their defense is more athletic and MUCH FASTER than either Munford or Kingsbury. With that said I don't expect them to stop us this year but they will better than a year ago.

I have a question for you TraderB. Without being negative at all which team do you believe to be better coached? Melrose, Fairley, or East?

1) East

2) Fairley - close 2nd.

3) Melrose - distant 3rd (see example, below. I couldn't help but mention this...).

-----------------------------------------------------------

Prime example (there are others. I won't get into that, though) : Melrose had 1 time-out left vs East, with about 4-minutes remaining in the game. After scoring to go up 25-22, Melrose then called its final time-out (presumably to discuss a 2-pt conversion/xtra-point attempt/avoid "delay" penalty...who REALLY knows whey they did this).

WHY on earth call your last time-out there!!! It was absolutely senseless.

It positively would not have mattered whether Melrose was up 3, 4 or 5 points. Here's why:

East once drove within Melrose's 10-yard line, but stalled -- they did not attempt the FG. Also, East NEVER attempted an extra-point kick the whole game! They went for 2 pts every time. Therefore, it's safe to assume they don't have a decent kicker &, therefore, likely won't attempt to kick a potential (longer-than-an-extra-point) game-tying FG later to tie the game.

Fast forward to the final 1:20 of the game, after East scored the go-ahead TD and the (no surprise) 2-pt conversion. (East 30 - Melrose 22): Melrose quickly drove to East's 5-yard line (with about 25 seconds remaining) but had no time-outs left, forcing them to pass everytime. Finally on 4th down, Toney attempted a QB sneak, but was stopped cold @ the 2-yard line. Game over.

If only Melrose had that 1-time out left, the outcome might have been different. At the very least, they would have had more offensive options, once they got near East's goaline.

It is quite funny how everyone thinks that Melrose will beat East. You all are talking as if East has no coaching staff and will not be ready for Melrose to adjust to and try to stop the option. It is like I told you before, East is not an option team. They saw something that worked and kept running it. They have a balanced running attack and have the ability to throw the football. East made mistakes in that game just like Melrose, so to say that the game was won or lost with that one drive is insane. I remember before halftime East drove the ball to the Melrose 6 yardline only to have the center snap the ball while the QB was not ready for it and killed a scoring opportunity. Look, we will see Friday night. Coach was not happy with the performance on 10/31 so you best believe you will see a different team. I think they will be more on the attack this game. You forget that these are the region champs. They can score points in bunches. How many teams scored as many points on these teams as East has? Coach says they had a lot of assignment breakdowns that they will correct (especially on defense). East is the better team and I'm not just saying that to be a homer. They will just prove it on Friday night.

As for HC,

I hope you all do not think that Fairley will be a cake walk. We saw the strength of Region 7 Friday night. Fairley has good cover guys and will probably stack the box (no FS) to stop your run. I don't think your pass defense is that good, but you have Great pursuit. It will be a close game.

Go Region 8!!!

I respect your knowledge of Region 8 but what in the world to you know about HC? We have a record of 8-1 over Region 8 teams since and including 2005. I dont think any game against remaining teams from Region 8 will be anything but tough. That said, I will say that THIS HC team is better than 2005, 2006, and 2007 HC teams. Our pass defense this year is the best of the last four years. When we put Teague in it its one of the best you will see. He will surely be there against Fairley. If he is good enough to play DB for Miami, Florida, Alabama, Michigan, Ole Miss, Tennessee, Stanford, Clemson, etc. (the list goes on) I would think he is more than capable to be effective against Fairley and not represent a WEAK secondary. Now I have questions for you. What are the keys for us to beat Fairley? How did your team beat them?

1) East

2) Fairley - close 2nd.

3) Melrose - distant 3rd (see example, below. I couldn't help but mention this...).

-----------------------------------------------------------

Prime example (there are others. I won't get into that, though) : Melrose had 1 time-out left vs East, with about 4-minutes remaining in the game. After scoring to go up 25-22, Melrose then called its final time-out (presumably to discuss a 2-pt conversion/xtra-point attempt/avoid "delay" penalty...who REALLY knows whey they did this).

WHY on earth call your last time-out there!!! It was absolutely senseless.

It positively would not have mattered whether Melrose was up 3, 4 or 5 points. Here's why:

East once drove within Melrose's 10-yard line, but stalled -- they did not attempt the FG. Also, East NEVER attempted an extra-point kick the whole game! They went for 2 pts every time. Therefore, it's safe to assume they don't have a decent kicker &, therefore, likely won't attempt to kick a potential (longer-than-an-extra-point) game-tying FG later to tie the game.

Fast forward to the final 1:20 of the game, after East scored the go-ahead TD and the (no surprise) 2-pt conversion. (East 30 - Melrose 22): Melrose quickly drove to East's 5-yard line (with about 25 seconds remaining) but had no time-outs left, forcing them to pass everytime. Finally on 4th down, Toney attempted a QB sneak, but was stopped cold @ the 2-yard line. Game over.

If only Melrose had that 1-time out left, the outcome might have been different. At the very least, they would have had more offensive options, once they got near East's goaline.

Given your rating of the coaching staffs do you still believe Melrose to the best of Region 8? I think you MUST factor in the coaching along with the talent level of the players because after all coaches make decisions that affect the outcome of games. That said how do you now rate the teams left in Region 8 inclusive of players and coaches?

I respect your knowledge of Region 8 but what in the world to you know about HC? We have a record of 8-1 over Region 8 teams since and including 2005. I dont think any game against remaining teams from Region 8 will be anything but tough. That said, I will say that THIS HC team is better than 2005, 2006, and 2007 HC teams. Our pass defense this year is the best of the last four years. When we put Teague in it its one of the best you will see. He will surely be there against Fairley. If he is good enough to play DB for Miami, Florida, Alabama, Michigan, Ole Miss, Tennessee, Stanford, Clemson, etc. (the list goes on) I would think he is more than capable to be effective against Fairley and not represent a WEAK secondary. Now I have questions for you. What are the keys for us to beat Fairley? How did your team beat them?

Our strength is your strength. We ran right at them. The game ended up being close because we fumbled on 2 presumable scoring drives twice with the QB/RB exchange (deep in their territory). You know momentum is something else in a big game. The score was 30 - 6 at half if I'm not mistaken. We stifled their running game with only four D-linemen rushing (very little blitz), so that helped us vs. the pass.

Our strength is your strength. We ran right at them. The game ended up being close because we fumbled on 2 presumable scoring drives twice with the QB/RB exchange (deep in their territory). You know momentum is something else in a big game. The score was 30 - 6 at half if I'm not mistaken. We stifled their running game with only four D-linemen rushing (very little blitz), so that helped us vs. the pass.

Our QB (Teague) has thrown for over 1000 yards with 15 TDs and 0 interceptions. How is your passing game?

About the same. Parker has thrown for over 1000 yards. Not as many touchdowns (11), he had a bumpy start of the season. He is much better now. We are similar in many ways.

Our team sound similar. I would guess your team is bigger (we are average size to slightly above average). Where do you play your home games? How much of an advantage will you have at home this time or will Melrose have more fans than you at your own home field? How long has your head coach been there and who is he? What worries you most about the rematch?