Henry Co. v. Fairley

chaos001

believe me when i say these henry co. is going to blow melrose out. for what some of fairly fans was saying before we start beating them bad. that they have a better team then melrose. we are going to need as many fans to go then we have had travel with them all year. like i said in a early post. if HC blow these memphis tams out we are bluecross bowl bound. do anybody know any thing about beech.

Only that they probably lose next week.

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone has been saying that if someone is going to beat Maryville, this is the year to do it. If Henry County's best team ever beats one of Maryville's worst teams in recent memory, I don't think too many people will be surprised.

I would say that you are already making excuses. But even if you play Hillsboro, I think Maryville loses this year. I saw HC play last night and this team could play with several of the past Maryville teams. Don't know if they could have beaten them and don't care. Win or lose, Hillsboro and HC are better than Maryville this year. Quarrels is hard to out prepare.

Henry County is definitely looking like a Super Football team, at this point!

Wow!

--------------------------------------------------------------

I just hope that ya'll don't start counting your chickens before the eggs hatch, however:

Undoubtedly, HC will be (heavily ?) favored to defeat Melrose. Rightfully so... Ya'll just need to be careful, and avoid looking PAST Melrose! They are still a dangerous, capable opponent.

-------------------------------------------------------------

P.S. Apparently Melrose lost it's top-2 receivers to knee injuries, last week vs Brighton. Neither of them dressed out tonight. I'm not sure they'll be back next week, either...I really don't know, right now.

TraderB

Looks like Melrose played a great D game. Melrose rushing numbers were up and passing numbers down. Was that because of weather, East trying to take pass away, two starting receivers being out or maybe all of the above?

KUDOS to the half time coaching and the players second half execution.

The DL and LB really stepped up the pressure on Bulldog QB in second half. The O Line asserted themselves in those first two possessions to start the second half. Hats off to the line play. You guys are going to be any extremely important part each and every game of the playoffs.

Did we not play with a backup center?

Teague did a great job with his new duties of punting the ball. That begs a question for the Memphis posters. Bulldog QB is rated the number one punter in Memphis according to stats board, 42 YPP. How did he get those numbers. I am not sure he had a decent punt all night?? With his running start I thought he was going to run it up the middle every time!! Maybe he just had an off night? Did any of you guys see him punt during year or do Bluff City stats people use a different yard stick?

Glad to see the weathered fans stick with it and pick up the tempo in the second half.

Patriots, all I can say is - WOW!!! What a ball game. One mistake early in the first quarter on defense and then boom - the D came on with a vengeance! The offense was a tad bit sluggish the first quarter. Hadn't seen any adversity all year til then. But again, like the D did, they came out and proved themselves by taking it to 'em the rest of the game. Outstanding leadership by the seniors and the Coaches. This team is ready. I am anxious for the battle in Orange Mound! Great job Big Red! And great job Big Red Nation, way to be LOUD & Proud!!!

Roll Red ROLL!!!

TraderB

Looks like Melrose played a great D game. Melrose rushing numbers were up and passing numbers down. Was that because of weather, East trying to take pass away, two starting receivers being out or maybe all of the above?

Melrose's had an excellent defensive game plan (apparently), and executed it to near-perfection: Take away East's option game, especially the QB-keeper!

-------------------------------------------------

Primarily, two things factored into Melrose's skewed offensive numbers:

1) Dropped passes -- the substitute receivers dropped many passes, and had a number of others simply go right thru their hands. While the weather MAY have contributed to some of that, those receivers simply were not very good.

2) East's defensive scheme -- They concentrated so extremely heavily on stopping Melrose's passing game, that it proved detrimental to the run-defense. East's LBs got caught stunting, time and time again, as Melrose repeatedly ran counters and draw plays. They (LBs) also got induced into numerous offsides penalties (overly aggressive, anxious to get at the QB), aiding Melrose's drives.....

I must say that Henry probably will win. I'm pulling for the region, but it doesn't look good. We (East) just made too many mistakes in the game. We missed two picks for touchdowns. We missed easy tackles and blew assignments. The offense struggled. Parker was off tonight with option reads and throwing. Hey, it was a good run for us. Coach says we will be much better NEXT year. Good luck to Henry and Melrose. Represent the West as we gear up for next season.

EastMustang,

Why can't you simply give Melrose credit for its well-EARNED victory?

------------------------------------------------

I can understand your disappointment with last night's outcome, but your comments are utterly disheartening, misguided and wreak of "sour-grapes."

First of all, I am a neutral and ubiased fan of Memphis HS football. As such, did not care who won last night's game. Nevertheless, I made it very clear who I thought would actually win the rematch....and why.

Secondly, call me idealistic, old fashioned or whatever.... I was always taught to respect your opponent, and be a humble winner & gracious loser. Above all, accept total responsibility.... I continue to hold this sportsmans-oath sacred, even as a fan. It is for this reason, therefore, that I find your comments to be so disappointing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

For the record:

1) Melrose simply outplayed East last night, in all phases of the game.

2) East's "struggles" were the direct result of Melrose's actions.

3) East's loss was the direct result of Melrose's actions, not East's INACTIONS.