Henry Co. v. Fairley

chaos001

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> Fairley beat Melrose!! I anticipate another rout!!! Melrose will not be able to compete!!! HC will destroy Melrose!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Great Game! HC came out sluggish at first, and Fairley made them pay with the 75 yard TD pass. Besides that, the defense looked great - 2 fumble recoveries and 3 interceptions, if I remember correctly. They just didn't have an answer for the 3-headed monster in the 2nd half. How about the semi-onside kick!?! The Patriots smelled blood, and they went for the kill on that one! Let's be happy right now, but we've got a tough game ahead of us in Orange Mound. Let's fill the visitor side up, and then some!

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> Fairley beat Melrose!! I anticipate another rout!!! Melrose will not be able to compete!!! HC will destroy Melrose!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I agree HC got down but only because out defender fell and then the reciever had a clear lane to the end zone but they bounced right back and showed them what were made of. They still need to work on pass defense they play off the recievers to much over the middle.

Woah! Please slow your roll, JunkYardDog.

-------------------------------------------------

Kudos to HC for dismantling an excellent Fairley team. There no point in getting cocky and arrogant, however.

It is always a sound practice to respect every opponent!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please remember this truism: It does not matter how good a team may be.....On any given night, ANY and EVERY team is beatable, including Henry County.

Please remember this truism: It does not matter how good a team may be.....On any given night, ANY and EVERY team is beatable, including Henry County.

Even Memphis teams. Care to predict the game Trader B? Last years game was a very close, tight affair. What do you know about Melrose's defense?

You're exactly right Trader, especially against a team such as Melrose! I went down to Orange Mound "back in the day" when Gibson Co. was in 3A with Melrose. We went down there in the first round of the playoffs. We were down by maybe a TD at halftime and in the second half they came out firing on all cylinders!!!! I was young then but I still remember Orange Mound like it was yesterday! Be ready for a wild atmosphere in Orange Mound next week and may Henry Co. come away with a W!!!!!

Even Memphis teams. Care to predict the game Trader B? Last years game was a very close, tight affair. What do you know about Melrose's defense?

I have a number of thoughts on them. I've seen them play 5 times, including tonight's 19-0 rematch victory over East.

--------------------------------------------------

I prefer to defer my comments until the HC / Melrose thread, however.

You're exactly right Trader, especially against a team such as Melrose! I went down to Orange Mound "back in the day" when Gibson Co. was in 3A with Melrose. We went down there in the first round of the playoffs. We were down by maybe a TD at halftime and in the second half they came out firing on all cylinders!!!! I was young then but I still remember Orange Mound like it was yesterday! Be ready for a wild atmosphere in Orange Mound next week and may Henry Co. come away with a W!!!!!

Congrats Pats!!! This game was exactly what the patriots needed. They fell behind for the first time all year. They were completely stopped on their first offensive drive. The offense had to play with pressure on them. This was best experience we could have hoped for to prepare for the "from here on out." How about that qb sack by Dominique at the close of the half. I think this was pivotal in turning the momentum in our direction, and we started the 2nd half and never looked back.

I must say that Henry probably will win. I'm pulling for the region, but it doesn't look good. We (East) just made too many mistakes in the game. We missed two picks for touchdowns. We missed easy tackles and blew assignments. The offense struggled. Parker was off tonight with option reads and throwing. Hey, it was a good run for us. Coach says we will be much better NEXT year. Good luck to Henry and Melrose. Represent the West as we gear up for next season.

believe me when i say these henry co. is going to blow melrose out. for what some of fairly fans was saying before we start beating them bad. that they have a better team then melrose. we are going to need as many fans to go then we have had travel with them all year. like i said in a early post. if HC blow these memphis tams out we are bluecross bowl bound. do anybody know any thing about beech.