Henry Co. v. Fairley

chaos001

HC 54 - Fairley 26

You've GOT to be dreaming, if you think that HC is going to beat Fairley by nearly 5 TDs!

--------------------------------------------------------

Look, I respect everything that HC has done so far, this year. They have handled their business, leaving their opposition with no doubt that HC was the better team.

That was then. This is now -- a whole new, much higher level of competition. Finally, finally....HCs get its first real test of the entire season.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

***** Note: The following is aimed ONLY & squarely at those perpetually exuberant fans *******(like the above poster).

Consider this:

1) Given Region 8s dominance over Region 7s #2, 3 & 4 seeds, last Friday nite, it appears that HC's schedule was extremely weak (no disrespect intended).

2) It's brutally obvious that practically ALL of HCs regular-season opponents were grossly inferior teams. Absolutely NONE of them were anywhere near the caliber of the top-3 Region 8 teams. None. Zero.

3) Now.... let me conceed this: Despite a weak schedule & Region, HC still took care of business in an overwhelming manner -- 10 or 11 "running clocks." Therefore, I'm in no way trying to minimize HCs victories.

4) HC is undoubtedly a very good team, but....

5) Since those "running clocks" were undeniably at the expense of very sub-standard teams, what does it really prove about Henry County's TRUE dominance?

6) Go take a 2nd, clear & unbiased look @ all HCs 11 victims, this season....go ahead, take a close look.

7) I just wonder if you have since stopped, stepped back, and taken a whole 'nother look at HCs TRUE team strength...given the implications of last Friday nite's outcomes?

8) Sure, I know HC won. But, to have ALL the remaining Region 7 teams get blown out.....

9) Well, that should cause all perpetually exuberant fans to slow their roll and take a serious, hard look at the undeniable reality that's staring them right in the face.

10) They should be very, very cautious about predicting these absurd 4-5 TD blowouts & continued string of "running clocks!" It comes across as very cocky & arrogant. It is not a very smart thing to do.

11) News Flash: Forget about those previous 11-strait blowout wins. They were all over mediocre competition (no disrespect intended).

12) Win, lose or draw, HC is about to face some bona fide competition, for the absolute 1st time this entire season.

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You've GOT to be dreaming, if you think that HC is going to beat Fairley by nearly 5 TDs!

--------------------------------------------------------

Look, I respect everything that HC has done so far, this year. They have handled their business, leaving their opposition with no doubt that HC was the better team.

That was then. This is now -- a whole new, much higher level of competition. Finally, finally....HCs get its first real test of the entire season.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

***** Note: The following is aimed ONLY & squarely at those perpetually exuberant fans *******(like the above poster).

Consider this:

1) Given Region 8s dominance over Region 7s #2, 3 & 4 seeds, last Friday nite, it appears that HC's schedule was extremely weak (no disrespect intended).

2) It's brutally obvious that practically ALL of HCs regular-season opponents were grossly inferior teams. Absolutely NONE of them were anywhere near the caliber of the top-3 Region 8 teams. None. Zero.

3) Now.... let me conceed this: Despite a weak schedule & Region, HC still took care of business in an overwhelming manner -- 10 or 11 "running clocks." Therefore, I'm in no way trying to minimize HCs victories.

4) HC is undoubtedly a very good team, but....

5) Since those "running clocks" were undeniably at the expense of very sub-standard teams, what does it really prove about Henry County's TRUE dominance?

6) Go take a 2nd, clear & unbiased look @ all HCs 11 victims, this season....go ahead, take a close look.

7) I just wonder if you have since stopped, stepped back, and taken a whole 'nother look at HCs TRUE team strength...given the implications of last Friday nite's outcomes?

8) Sure, I know HC won. But, to have ALL the remaining Region 7 teams get blown out.....

9) Well, that should cause all perpetually exuberant fans to slow their roll and take a serious, hard look at the undeniable reality that's staring them right in the face.

10) They should be very, very cautious about predicting these absurd 4-5 TD blowouts & continued string of "running clocks!" It comes across as very cocky & arrogant. It is not a very smart thing to do.

11) News Flash: Forget about those previous 11-strait blowout wins. They were all over mediocre competition (no disrespect intended).

12) Win, lose or draw, HC is about to face some bona fide competition, for the absolute 1st time this entire season.

You have good points as always TraderB. I am not defending a 5TD prediction by no means. But you have to understand, we have watched our guys blow through eleven games begging for someone to put up a good fight. After eleven weeks of beat downs, it is hard for these "perpetually exuberant fans" to imagine anything less. I mean weak region or whatever, no team has been has even been remotely close to HC. So I dont think they mean any disrespect, they just havent seen ANY team do ANYTHING to HC in ANY aspect of the game. I think HC will take this one, and I too think it will be clear who the better team is, however I dont think it will be 5TDs. But if I had told you 12 weeks ago that HC would mercy rule their first eleven opponents, you would probably also say we must be dreaming huh? Time will tell.

You have good points as always TraderB. I am not defending a 5TD prediction by no means. But you have to understand, we have watched our guys blow through eleven games begging for someone to put up a good fight. After eleven weeks of beat downs, it is hard for these "perpetually exuberant fans" to imagine anything less. I mean weak region or whatever, no team has been has even been remotely close to HC. So I dont think they mean any disrespect, they just havent seen ANY team do ANYTHING to HC in ANY aspect of the game. I think HC will take this one, and I too think it will be clear who the better team is, however I dont think it will be 5TDs. But if I had told you 12 weeks ago that HC would mercy rule their first eleven opponents, you would probably also say we must be dreaming huh? Time will tell.

I fully understand what you're saying, 3nout. Excellent points.....You're right--If you had told me that 12 wks ago...Yes, I would have said you were dreaming!

All I can say is, thank goodness for reasonable fans like yourself...and the many other reasonable, frequent HC posters. Thankfully, your views would appear to be representative of the majority of HC fans.

Reality: 11-strait "mercy-rules" on the opposition is nevertheless impressive, if not also unprescedented, no matter how one slices it! Kudos, HC.

--------------------------------------------------

P.S. As a Memphian, you know I'm pulling hard for Fairley to break both of yall's amazing streaks! I'm a hoping and a prayin' !!!

We shall see..... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

yes, it's plain and obvious that we didn't have much competition this year.

however, i would like to address the issue of blowouts:

Sure, I know HC won. But, to have ALL the remaining Region 7 teams get blown out.....

Henry County beat the three other Region 7 teams by an average score of 45 to 14, which is a spread of 31 points.

Region 8 beat the three Region 7 teams by an average score of 48 to 22, which is a spread of 26 points.

what does this tell us? HC allows fewer points per game from their opponents and has a larger spread of victory.

factor in that HC's starters average playing time was only a bit over 2 quarters in each contest, so the spread could have been atleast 2-3 touchdowns more.

now on to what i really think.

I believe Henry County to be superior to the Memphis teams, plain and simple (by how much is to be seen). Nonetheless, the Memphis teams have yet to see the kind of defensive intensity that THE BIG RED can lay down. Just ask Martin Westivew's quarterback (broken ankle), or his teammates, a receiver and punt returner what it's like to have the wind knocked out of them. We could also add Gabriel Hunter and several others who have tried to cross their path and ended up not playing the rest of the game.

Add in an offense that hasn't been stopped this year...ever. If one player is keyed in on, 4 or 5 others can step up.

These guys DO NOT want to lose...and I don't think they will. They want it too badly to have it taken away.

I'm tired of people doubting us. I know THE BIG RED will prove themselves worthy. Give them about 3 weeks and they probably will.

yes, it's plain and obvious that we didn't have much competition this year.

however, i would like to address the issue of blowouts:

Henry County beat the three other Region 7 teams by an average score of 45 to 14, which is a spread of 31 points.

Region 8 beat the three Region 7 teams by an average score of 48 to 22, which is a spread of 26 points.

what does this tell us? HC allows fewer points per game from their opponents and has a larger spread of victory.

factor in that HC's starters average playing time was only a bit over 2 quarters in each contest, so the spread could have been atleast 2-3 touchdowns more.

now on to what i really think.

I believe Henry County to be superior to the Memphis teams, plain and simple (by how much is to be seen). Nonetheless, the Memphis teams have yet to see the kind of defensive intensity that THE BIG RED can lay down. Just ask Martin Westivew's quarterback (broken ankle), or his teammates, a receiver and punt returner what it's like to have the wind knocked out of them. We could also add Gabriel Hunter and several others who have tried to cross their path and ended up not playing the rest of the game.

Add in an offense that hasn't been stopped this year...ever. If one player is keyed in on, 4 or 5 others can step up.

These guys DO NOT want to lose...and I don't think they will. They want it too badly to have it taken away.

I'm tired of people doubting us. I know THE BIG RED will prove themselves worthy. Give them about 3 weeks and they probably will.

Your points are duly noted, Chois001.....One week (and one win) at a time, though.

----------------------------------------------------

The rubber is about to meet the road, ain't it!

I fully understand what you're saying, 3nout. Excellent points.....You're right--If you had told me that 12 wks ago...Yes, I would have said you were dreaming!

All I can say is, thank goodness for reasonable fans like yourself...and the many other reasonable, frequent HC posters. Thankfully, your views would appear to be representative of the majority of HC fans.

Reality: 11-strait "mercy-rules" on the opposition is nevertheless impressive, if not also unprescedented, no matter how one slices it! Kudos, HC.

--------------------------------------------------

P.S. As a Memphian, you know I'm pulling hard for Fairley to break both of yall's amazing streaks! I'm a hoping and a prayin' !!!

We shall see..... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

how about you pull for us to knock Maryville off their high horse? that sounds better to me!

Your points are duly noted, Chois001.....One week (and one win) at a time, though.

----------------------------------------------------

The rubber is about to meet the road, ain't it!

and it's a long drive back to memphis this friday night too /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Hey Chaos001,

It's only Monday! Let's save a little of that intensity 'til Friday Night @ Patriot Stadium!!!!!!!!!!!

Speaking from experience, it really is another season at playoff time. Any team that is still around from here on out is CAPABLE of beating ANY other team left. Whether it is a blow-out or a one point game, the goal is victory, period! Just play one game at a time.

Hey Chaos001,

It's only Monday! Let's save a little of that intensity 'til Friday Night @ Patriot Stadium!!!!!!!!!!!

Speaking from experience, it really is another season at playoff time. Any team that is still around from here on out is CAPABLE of beating ANY other team left. Whether it is a blow-out or a one point game, the goal is victory, period! Just play one game at a time.

save it!!??!! i'll explode if i don't get to rant on here every day. i tell you what, i'm a nervous wreck on Fridays from the moment i wake up until i get to the game. i can barely eat on game days and that says ALOT coming from my fat self!

how about you pull for us to knock Maryville off their high horse? that sounds better to me!

That is an exuberant Guarantee, Chaos001! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

-------------------------------------

If Henry County makes it to the Championship game, I ABSOLUTELY will be pulling very hard for HC to do what our Memphis Melrose teams could not do: Knock the mighty Maryville off its Championship perch!

As a side note: I have always pulled for our Region 7/8 representative in the Semi-Finals. That will NEVER change.

If it's ya'll again this year -- rest assured, Chaos001, I'll be one of HCs loudest cheerleaders! Heck, I might even go out and buy me a big ol' red, freight train horn, just to pay homage! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />