Henry Co. v. Fairley

chaos001

Interesting wingman. Thanks for the info. On the 7-4a vs. 8-4A kwc has some interesting opinions. I think there is NO doubt that Fairley brings the best team that Patriots have faced in 2008. But on the flip side, Henry County is the best team that Fairley has faced in my opinion. The key will be how do they respond in adverse conditions. Last year, they were fighting amongst themselves and penalties became prevalent. But, that was last year. Its all different now. I am getting excited about this one! Come on Big RED Nation, come out in droves for this one! We are gonna need the noise!!!

Go Big Red!!!

They were also tied with HC after three quarters, despite the fighting and the penalties.

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry RW, that is not correct. They did have penalties, but they started to implode when we got after them in the 4th. We had penalties to match them for the first 3 quarters. We'll see how we both do under duress...

Your initial post did not specify the TIMING of the penalties, so in this case, I was not incorrect. I know that I am disliked on here, but I really don't care. I WANT HC to win this game, and I agree that Fairley will be the best HC has faced, and HC may be the best they have faced, although people in Memphis would say Whitehaven is better.

Sorry RW, that is not correct. They did have penalties, but they started to implode when we got after them in the 4th. We had penalties to match them for the first 3 quarters. We'll see how we both do under duress...

Yea I remember their internal struggle they had between themselves in last year's game.

Was that the game where Pats let a couple of their Offensive players get into our heads and we lost a little composure and got a couple of 15 yard penalties thrown on us?

Looking for a pretty wide open game from both teams.

How do the HC fans feel about the weather situation? Who will it hurt or help, and why?

My Mother taught me to always be prepared for whatever Mother Nature throws at you, so I plan to be dressed accordingly. Remember to bring a towel for wet seats then you can use that towel to swing around during game, just be careful not to hit your neighbor in the eye. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Your initial post did not specify the TIMING of the penalties, so in this case, I was not incorrect. I know that I am disliked on here, but I really don't care. I WANT HC to win this game, and I agree that Fairley will be the best HC has faced, and HC may be the best they have faced, although people in Memphis would say Whitehaven is better.

Then I must have been wrong RW. I took your post to mean that despite the fighting and penalties they had, they still tied the game through 3 quarters - leading me to believe you were talking about the fighting and penalties the first 3 qtrs.

As for the comment about the weather, it matters not to most of the Big Red faithful. They will be there and in force. Besides, there is only a 30% chance of rain now. If rain is the issue, HC will be favored more heavily. But I think there may be strong winds in this game which will also favor HC in their running game. Passing may be difficult...

How do the HC fans feel about the weather situation? Who will it hurt or help, and why?

if it's wet, it'll be better for HC as it will take away from the heavy pass offense of Fairley. it's not smart to start throwing around a slippery ball, but hey, if Fairley wants to commit turnovers, go right ahead and throw their hearts out!

if it's wet, it'll be better for HC as it will take away from the heavy pass offense of Fairley. it's not smart to start throwing around a slippery ball, but hey, if Fairley wants to commit turnovers, go right ahead and throw their hearts out!

Sometimes you take the center/long snapper for granted. With a rainy cold game they can be very important, especially with shotgun and long snapping.

I know Pats are pretty solid in that postion!

I look for the line to challenge themselves to play their best game in the trenches this Friday.

ROLL RED ROLL !!!!!!!!!!!!

So I have been reading this thread for almost an hour. All I have gotten from it is that our band is better this year and everyone doesn't get noticed when it comes to stats and recognition. Why can't we as fans just accept the way things are and be proud of our team regardless of who plays and who doesn't. The fact of the matter is that we as fans have a great opportunity to witness great football, great music from the band, and the most powerful atmosphere in the state. Yes, we have some gifted atheletes, but that is what makes a team a team. Overcoming all the "hoop la" and still getting the job done week in and week out is nothing short of a miracle. Maybe we should commend our guys for doing that rather than argue about the bands or who gets more playing time. The point I am trying to make is that amid all of our arguing and fussing, we have a team that is preparing to play a very solid Fairley team. Lets talk about football and leave that other stuff out!

Picked some stats up on Fairley players that rank high in Memphis area. These are thru 11 games. Don't have player numbers.

Robinson....15 sacks Ranks 3rd

Does anybody know if he plays DE?

Lauderdale ....10 sacks Ranks 10th

Fairley Ranks 2nd in Memphis with 53 sacks

According to M a x p r e p s:

# ..... Name .................. Position ... Class ... Height ... Weight

44 ... Jimmy Robinson ....... DT ......... Sr. ...... 6'-1" ..... 260 lb.

64 ... Wayne Lauderdale ... DT/OL ..... Sr. ...... 6'-1" ..... 250 lb.