Henry Co. v. Fairley

chaos001

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your initial post did not specify the TIMING of the penalties, so in this case, I was not incorrect. I know that I am disliked on here, but I really don't care. I WANT HC to win this game, and I agree that Fairley will be the best HC has faced, and HC may be the best they have faced, although people in Memphis would say Whitehaven is better.

I won't get into the "who's better" debate, as both HC and Whitehaven appear to be Bona-Fide Championship contenders.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's my simple take on this issue:

Fairley has played substantially tougher competition than HC. That list includes Whitehaven, East, White Station & Melrose (one might even include Mitchell). Combined, all of these quality (& still playing) playoff teams afforded Fairley the opportunity to get repeated & varying degrees of exposure to the tangibles & intangibles found amongst most authentic Championship-contenders.

Bottome line: Win, lose or draw, this Fairley squad is legitimately tested, severely tried, and certified true. Therefore, they are inherently prepared and exceptionally equipped to defeat a (yet another) top-notch opponent, such as Henry County.

My gut tells me that this is going to be one of the most competitive & exciting games, Friday nite!

Patsdoc where are you. I'm hearin different things on our injured ones. I first heard williams and martese would be back. Now I'm hearin neither of them will be. Please let us know somethin.

Ok, the injury report is delayed because I have been spending coutless hours trying to mend and patch a somewhat bruised HC team. Particularly our o-line. I am so glad French is back. I think Willliams can play--that is up to him and the coaches. That decision may be made as late as friday. Martese is not ready. Maybe next week?? /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> TT will be back and JP suited up last week. We had another injury to our o-line at practice--but he is casted up and cleared to play friday (of note, he is joeys replacement). I actually quit today but Gaddis would not accept my resignation and told me that I can only be fired and quickly rehired by him. The training room is starting to look something like a MASH unit.

Looking forward to another injury-free victory this Friday. I know Fairly is going to "bring it" after the last 3 years. I know our boys are up for the challenge--if we just can keep them from hurting each other at practice.

Is there any other hs team in west tenn that has a surgeon on call 24/7, performing procedures in a training room, getting fired daily and verbally abused from the head coach, all for the "glory" and occasionally a free t-shirt? I love my job!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Is there any other hs team in west tenn that has a surgeon on call 24/7, performing procedures in a training room, getting fired daily and verbally abused from the head coach, all for the "glory" and occasionally a free t-shirt? I love my job!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Hey the team needs ya out there Doc! I am sure that they love and appreciate your tireless efforts to keep them on the field and in the classroom. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Keep up the good work!

You are correct Red Power! That has been my point all along, we are a TEAM! We all know that the players get on here and read these posts, and it's ashamed that there are certain people who name numbers or names of players "assuming" they know who individuals are talking about. All they did was throw a dagger at that player. Every single player on the HCHS Football team deserves "KUDO"S for a job well done! I have only made it to the first two games this year, but i always try my best to listen on the radio. Listening to Coach Gaddis, he always mentions the team as "we" on the radio....... "we" need to come out stronger in the second half, "we" need to work harder, etc..... "we" are ONE. Working together got them to where they are today. They are all winners. I again will listen on the radio, hope to hear the crowd raising cane! Does anyone know if there is a way we can talk a tv station into filming the games and playing them like on that channel 3? Maybe not a tv station but an individual? Just curious. It would be nice for the ones that aren't able to come out, to get to watch this awesome team. Good Luck Patriots!

I'm not 100% sure on it but I believe the games used to be played on Channel 3 a while back on Saturdays. I would like to see that anyway whether I'm at the game or not. That way I can DVR it and watch it in Slow-mo!! Sometimes I need to after some of the HC players make lightning strike!!

Since you played in the late 90s, what's the difference in HC football now, and then?

One word...SUPPORT!! Community support was basically non-existant when I played. Driving through town now all you see is GO PATRIOTS! When I played less than 1/4 of the stands were filled on any given Friday night.

Now that we have the community support that we do, it's a shame to see people fighting over which band is better and who is making all the plays, and who gets recognized and who doesn't. Especially with the powerful Henry County TEAM that suits up every Friday to bring us all some great football!

I know I'm on the wrong thread here. I just came over to wish the big red machine good luck Friday night and to let you know that us Rebels are cheering you on down here in McKenzie. I have read the past view pages and I just would like to say, you pay to see the Red Machine do there thing, watchum and supportum. The game I went to Halloween night was rockin. I had goose bumps all over from the crowd noise and watching that well oiled machine work. It's a great atmosphere for HS Football. Let the bands do there thing, in my opinion, they should skip halftime shows to give us a break and get ready for rounds 3 and 4. They should do nothing but play for the team as support and thats it.

Anyways, I'll go back to my 1A thread and let the big boys go back to work here

........GO BIG RED..........GOOOOO PATRIOTS..........and Go REBELS... /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

I know I'm on the wrong thread here. I just came over to wish the big red machine good luck Friday night and to let you know that us Rebels are cheering you on down here in McKenzie. I have read the past view pages and I just would like to say, you pay to see the Red Machine do there thing, watchum and supportum. The game I went to Halloween night was rockin. I had goose bumps all over from the crowd noise and watching that well oiled machine work. It's a great atmosphere for HS Football. Let the bands do there thing, in my opinion, they should skip halftime shows to give us a break and get ready for rounds 3 and 4. They should do nothing but play for the team as support and thats it.

Anyways, I'll go back to my 1A thread and let the big boys go back to work here

........GO BIG RED..........GOOOOO PATRIOTS..........and Go REBELS... /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Thanks MkzReb! We will do all we can from our end. Good luck to the Rebels against Onion City. Sock it to 'em!

1 day away guys . . . Go Big RED!!!

I won't get into the "who's better" debate, as both HC and Whitehaven appear to be Bona-Fide Championship contenders.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's my simple take on this issue:

Fairley has played substantially tougher competition than HC. That list includes Whitehaven, East, White Station & Melrose (one might even include Mitchell). Combined, all of these quality (& still playing) playoff teams afforded Fairley the opportunity to get repeated & varying degrees of exposure to the tangibles & intangibles found amongst most authentic Championship-contenders.

Bottome line: Win, lose or draw, this Fairley squad is legitimately tested, severely tried, and certified true. Therefore, they are inherently prepared and exceptionally equipped to defeat a (yet another) top-notch opponent, such as Henry County.

My gut tells me that this is going to be one of the most competitive & exciting games, Friday nite!

You are correct in much of what you say, According to what I am reading , HC has yet to play anybody worth a crap so they are 0-0 against good competition,

Fairley on teh other hand has played 4 great teams and are 2-2 in those, 22 points a contest against those great teams, they are giving up 20 against those great teams, I will say this nonone of those great teams have the offense that HC has, we put 55 on Fairley last season I thnk the most th ey had given up prior to that was about 30, for what it is worth, all their challenges last year did them little good, This just in, regardless of what the Pariots or BUlldogs have done this year it all starts over tomorrow night.