Fairview at CPA

DenKeeper

Wow ......lot closer than people thought.

Good job CPA

Big Congrads to Fairview on a great season and run. No upset here.....but one heck of an effort.

Best public school we've played in sometime. Outstanding coaching, very disciplined.

CPA 5 turnovers-Fairview 2

CPA had more rushing yds than passing.

There's no place like home, Toto!

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Fairview on a good effort and great year. CPA had the ball in Fairview territory 6 times (3 times inside the 15) in the 1st half, and only got 6 points. Fairview did not cross midfield in the 1st half, but came out with a good 2nd half gameplan (run between the tackles).

CPA let Fairview back in the game when they took the 2nd half kickoff, move the ball quickly for 2 first downs on the ground, then (for some reason) threw it down the field on 1st and 10 at midfield. Bad throw - interception - first possession in CPA territory in the game - Fairview scores on first play after interception, and takes lead 7-6.

CPA immediately responded with a long drive and 2 point conversion to go up 14-7 in the 3rd. Fairview got the ball back, drove to CPA's 7 yardline, but CPA held on 4th and 1. From that point on, CPA pretty much stopped FV's offense, but couldn't do much themselves, or stopped themselves with penalties, fumbles (once on 4th and short and once at the end of a 40 yard run to the 10), or terrible running efforts on short yardage. Credit FV for making some great defensive plays against the run, and never quitting.

They were the best public school we have played in a long time - very hardnosed. Offense just wasn't varied enough to get much done, and when they got behind and had to pass, they just didn't have a passing offense to challenge CPA's defense (2 interceptions in 4th quarter, and QB had to run for his life in the backfield).

This CPA team has had a great year regardless of what happens next, compared to early season struggles and expectations. They have a lot to be proud of, but a tough matchup next week. It is really hard to beat Goodpasture once, much less twice, in one year.

Great game tonight at CPA. Wish the outcome had been different!

Just wanted to thank the Yellow Jackets for a great season. I think we earned a little respect from many people who doubted us. The game tonight could have gone either way. Both teams had some missed opportunities.

I am already looking forward to next season, but in the meantime...........GO TITANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I forgot to add. This was one of the best performances by two HS punters (both CPA and FV) I have ever seen in watching CPA for over 16 years.

Both punters consistently made great punts and turned the field. CPA punter set school record with 62 yard punt, and FV punter hit several good ones, including one to the 1 yard line, and another barely a touchback that almost went out on the 1.

I forgot to add. This was one of the best performances by two HS punters (both CPA and FV) I have ever seen in watching CPA for over 16 years.

Both punters consistently made great punts and turned the field. CPA punter set school record with 62 yard punt, and FV punter hit several good ones, including one to the 1 yard line, and another barely a touchback that almost went out on the 1.

Fairview's Tyler Emier 6 punts 226 yds 46 longest 37.1 average

Ben Johnson 1 punt 48 yds (rugby style on a third down play)

CPA's Lincoln Lakoff 3 punts 148 yds 62 longest 49.3 average

Congrats to Fairview on a great year....look forward to having you all in the same region next yr......meanwhile how about that new region CPA is going into....man that bites!!!!!!!!!!!!

why doesnt cpa lipscomb and goopasture step up and play with mba bga ensworth?

the only thing i wish the tssaa would have done is put gp with them.

Great effort Fairview. Surprised a lot of people. You have be proud of the effort you displayed to all. You represented Region 6 well. Maybe its a sign that the rural schools are catching up with the Privates, both you and Lewis played very competitive games...both loss.....but great effort!

Great job by the seniors!

Good luck next year!

BTW.....you showed your win last week wasn't and upset.....just that you had the better team!