Knoxville Catholic vs Anderson County

chokeonaloaf

So what games can we take into consideration?

I don't think there is one to consider at this point. Anderson County is no doubt a talented team, but they've yet to have that "breakout" game that would put them on the map as a serious contender for the 2008 title. Catholic is not only a contender, but the clear cut favorite in many people's minds other than David Lipscomb. Anderson County will have to play much more aggressively on defense this Friday if they are to stop Catholic. Springing a few big plays on a very sound Irish defense would help matters as well. I'm going to go out on a limb...

Anderson County 20

Catholic 17

Good luck to both teams, and be safe this Friday.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New to the boards. But i think that the difference in this game will be the passing game of Anderson County and the secondary play of Knoxville Catholic. The Catholic secondary had some trouble late in the game controlling them. That to me could be the difference. I also remember Catholic matching their corners #1 on Wilson and #18 on Young i believe. #1 at corner doesnt look like he can handle the size of Wilson and could have trouble with him. Although #18 seemed to match up size and quickness wise well with Young. Wilson should have big games if Longmire can just get him the ball. Especially if Catholic does the same match-up scheme with their corners. my pick.

Anderson County-28

Catholic-21

Oppressed

I can't believe that you've let a Carter guy (QBsdad) and a Halls guy (devilsden) get you sidetracked with a huge matchup coming Friday. You need to refocus and get your mind right! If the rain keeps up, I think it will favor the running game of the Irish.

You have also been penalized 1 point for a low blow. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Hey Irish, You are exactly right. Need to get refocused. The guys from AC love the mud! THIS IS WHAT HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL IS ALL ABOUT!!!!!

Tell the bagpipe lady, I'm sorry. You and Choke KNOW I had to defend my AC peeps. I will be looking over my shoulder for ANYTHING hairy behind me in the parking lot friday. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Good luck to both teams (mostly AC) and may both teams stay injury free.

New to the boards. But i think that the difference in this game will be the passing game of Anderson County and the secondary play of Knoxville Catholic. The Catholic secondary had some trouble late in the game controlling them. That to me could be the difference. I also remember Catholic matching their corners #1 on Wilson and #18 on Young i believe. #1 at corner doesnt look like he can handle the size of Wilson and could have trouble with him. Although #18 seemed to match up size and quickness wise well with Young. Wilson should have big games if Longmire can just get him the ball. Especially if Catholic does the same match-up scheme with their corners. my pick.

Anderson County-28

Catholic-21

You may be right about the secondary but when you don't have anybody that can block Hood or Coulter up front to protect Longmire, then that secondary starts to look pretty good. I think AC has to be able to run the football to win this game. That's why I am going with my Irish.

L LOSER how could any one that knows FB say that making not one but two extra points in the rain on pass plays LUCKY! YOU must have never played or coached .( NICE PLAY CALLING COACH PRICE TENNESSEE NEEDS YOU)

The film showed no rain in the second half. I know the ball was still probably wet, but it did not seem to be raining. If I'm not mistaken the first one two point conversion was missed. Getting stopped four consecutive plays on the goal line by a team from 1-3A shows me that luck was involved in the fact that AC pulled it out. If my memory is any count and normally its not, Carter seemed to move the ball pretty well. Both teams seemed evenly matched. It was probably a pretty good high school game to have been at, but it is much nicer watching a rain game from the comfort of the nice dry video room.

It all boil down to what Photoman says, but I have to list some other valuable information concerning the game.

If the Bagpipe Lady shaves her legs, AC Wins.

If the Bagpipe Lady does not shave her legs, Catholic Wins.

If the Bagpipe Lady has on something under the Kilt, AC Wins.

If the Bagpipe Lady goes Commando, Catholic Wins.

If the Bagpipe Lady Stands to Pee, Catholic Wins.

If the Bagpipe Lady Squats to Pee, AC Wins.

If the Bagpipe Lady falls while running through the Banner, AC Wins.

If the Bagpipe Lady does not fall while running through the Banner, Catholic Wins.

If the Bagpipe Lady drops her mouthpiece in the mud, but just puts it back in without cleaning it off, Catholic Wins.

If the Bagpipe Lady drops her mouthpiece in the mud, but cleans it off before putting it back in, AC Wins.

It all boils down to who has a set, and I aint talking hand tools or marbles.

The film showed no rain in the second half. I know the ball was still probably wet, but it did not seem to be raining. If I'm not mistaken the first one two point conversion was missed. Getting stopped four consecutive plays on the goal line by a team from 1-3A shows me that luck was involved in the fact that AC pulled it out. If my memory is any count and normally its not, Carter seemed to move the ball pretty well. Both teams seemed evenly matched. It was probably a pretty good high school game to have been at, but it is much nicer watching a rain game from the comfort of the nice dry video room.

It all boil down to what Photoman says, but I have to list some other valuable information concerning the game.

If the Bagpipe Lady shaves her legs, AC Wins.

If the Bagpipe Lady does not shave her legs, Catholic Wins.

If the Bagpipe Lady has on something under the Kilt, AC Wins.

If the Bagpipe Lady goes Commando, Catholic Wins.

If the Bagpipe Lady Stands to Pee, Catholic Wins.

If the Bagpipe Lady Squats to Pee, AC Wins.

If the Bagpipe Lady falls while running through the Banner, AC Wins.

If the Bagpipe Lady does not fall while running through the Banner, Catholic Wins.

If the Bagpipe Lady drops her mouthpiece in the mud, but just puts it back in without cleaning it off, Catholic Wins.

If the Bagpipe Lady drops her mouthpiece in the mud, but cleans it off before putting it back in, AC Wins.

It all boils down to who has a set, and I aint talking hand tools or marbles.

/cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

General's gameday notes are up at http://www.knoxcatholicfootball.com/08_opposition, check it out and enjoy stat buffs and hope everybody stays injury free. RUSE? we usually get a very detail account of what you think the outcome will be. Lets hear it.

Max3388.

Will do; however, only as a tribute to the long lost one "Leonard" from the Original Unapproved Website. "Who has a set?" "Rasta Pits." You know, I am going to miss 2-3A set up the way it is. Looks like AE and Fulton will continue based on what I read over on KNS. Based on what I saw over on the Tennessean, with the way Lipscomb got slotted, I would not be surprised at all if Catholic gets a double bump up to 5A, and they wind up in the Farragut, Bearden, Maryville Disrtict. For the old fan like me, that would actually be great to see. Good ball if it happens. Who knows.

AC & Catholic? AC should win, and here are some reasons why. 1st, Catholic has been starting 3 or 4 Sophomore on the OL, and 4 or 5 Sophomores on defense. AC has Seniors in most spots on the OL/DL. Advantage AC because of the upperclassman up front. Older, stronger, and much more experienced. 2nd, AC has, IMO, the most under-rated QB in the area in Longmire who is a true dual threat QB, a Senior, and has played in a boatload of big games. Catholic has a QB who is a 1st year starter, who in some people's opinion doesn't throw it. Advantage AC. AC has a legitimate WR, and legitimate slot receiver who is also the KR/PR. He is fast and shifty. The WR is tall, athletic, fast, and can jump out of the gym. Catholic doesn't throw it. Advantage AC. AC also has the upper hand at the LB/FB spots with Coleman. AC has a new RB who according to the stats on KNS is averaging 14 or so yards per carry, and has something like 300 yds in the 3 games he has played in. Then they also have the Rogers kid who has been starting there since his Sophomore year. Advantage AC. Catholic can win. Obviously, as they have beaten them this year; however, the question was who should. IMO, AC has the best blend of experience and talent in the region, and should win.

ruse?

according to ruse?

AC line>KC

according to me: line:AC my have more experience but KC's won more games plus i don't think they've had any trouble running it do u?

AC qb >KC

according to me:QB first year QB sure but a first year qb that is yet to lose

AC WR>KC WR

according to me:although this looks like the only position going AC's way all KCs wr has to do is block and catch about two passes in this one

AC LB/FB> KC LB/FB

according to me:

maybe but i'm happy with a 6.5 yd average at fb and the 1st team d only gave up 7 last time

u talked alot about AC tailbacks but how can u just not mention KC's RBs r u kidding me? #3 8 .0yds/per #22 8.1 per . One thing i don't understand is if AC has got all this talent why doesnt it reflect in there record?

On the other hand KC has won ALL there games and to me seems like the youth is growing up i mean at this point theyve already have atleast a season under tallythere belt. and yes i am toatally aware of playoff records but i just don't see AC doin it if it rains kc42-14 if its dry kc41-14