TSSAA PLAY-OFF Format

barnowl

What is the deal with the way TSSAA does the play-offs in football. Regions that are strong have to play their same teams in the second and thied rounds if they happen to sweep their first round games. Why not look at the way Georgia does it (They do play pretty good football down there) when they split everyone up and a team will not see a region opponant until the Semi Finals. This being said wait until next year, no one will know anything untill the TSSAA decides who is in the play-offs. This is a plan fron the football strong state of Virginia.

What is the deal with the way TSSAA does the play-offs in football. Regions that are strong have to play their same teams in the second and thied rounds if they happen to sweep their first round games. Why not look at the way Georgia does it (They do play pretty good football down there) when they split everyone up and a team will not see a region opponant until the Semi Finals. This being said wait until next year, no one will know anything untill the TSSAA decides who is in the play-offs. This is a plan fron the football strong state of Virginia.

I agree. Plus, I think there is a certain excitement playing a team that you are really not familiar with. I have no clue how they are going to do the playoffs next year, but I would like to see it be based off of power rankings, or something to that extent.

I agree. Plus, I think there is a certain excitement playing a team that you are really not familiar with. I have no clue how they are going to do the playoffs next year, but I would like to see it be based off of power rankings, or something to that extent.

Good point, I think they said it was to cut down on travel but I do not believe that I think it is based on the fact that they get 50 percent off the gate for every play-off game and if the games are between teams closer they will get more of a crowd. It is all about money for the TSSAA.