Stewart County

hardhitter

Papa is right about one thing for sure, winning is habit forming and so is losing. I??™ve seen SC play since the 70??™s and the entire attitude of the community has changed. It matters when these kids are out in town and people are talking about (and expecting) winning. Consistency of winning is the key now in SC rise to being a winning program. Next year SC will have a harder time getting a schedule and will not slip up on anyone. I??™m proud to see the Rebels come on and be a threat on the FB field. Good Luck next year and keep it going!

Your right papa.Iknow we dont always see eye to eye,but this time we do.In order to be good every year,you must have the community supporting you.Ican see the change in attitude in SC.We dont have that in Waverly.I remember when on Saturday mornings,all you talked about was friday nights game.Now people ask if there was a game.Attitudes have to change in Waverly or the future will be very grimm!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For any athelitic program to have sucess you have to have community support! ALco and Camden are good examples of this.Ihave talk to many parents at SC football games they tell me that 2 of SC coaches the last 3 yrs are non-facility coaches.One is defense cordinator the other was off.line coach.and have been a big reason for SC sucess the last 2 yrs. I know for a fact that the players respected these 2 coaches and gave them 100%.I have talked to many of the football players and they say the 2 coaches push them to be a success and never quit. That is a example of community support.SC plays to win now where they use to just play the game.SC has to keep working hard ! Sucess cannot be acheived without hard work as a priority. During the last 2 yrs the community has showed their support I hope it keeps going.

For any athelitic program to have sucess you have to have community support! ALco and Camden are good examples of this.Ihave talk to many parents at SC football games they tell me that 2 of SC coaches the last 3 yrs are non-facility coaches.One is defense cordinator the other was off.line coach.and have been a big reason for SC sucess the last 2 yrs. I know for a fact that the players respected these 2 coaches and gave them 100%.I have talked to many of the football players and they say the 2 coaches push them to be a success and never quit. That is a example of community support.SC plays to win now where they use to just play the game.SC has to keep working hard ! Sucess cannot be acheived without hard work as a priority. During the last 2 yrs the community has showed their support I hope it keeps going.

Great job this year SC from a Cougar fan. Your team this year showed major improvement, I was impressed. Haven't seen SC in several years, This was the best ive seen . keep it up

Yo papa...You may need to talk to your boy steel curtain defense...He is better at talking smack than you are at making excuses.../wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />....Just yanking your chain papa...but seriously talk to him..Also tell him that he needs not to miss english class anymore!

hey bub i've had a 94 or better in english since 5th grade, i'm just tying to make my post a little bit shorter, i just do this like i would texting, but i guess i can straiten up a little, and yes i may misspell a few words, but either way hope to see yall next year. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Your right papa.Iknow we dont always see eye to eye,but this time we do.In order to be good every year,you must have the community supporting you.Ican see the change in attitude in SC.We dont have that in Waverly.I remember when on Saturday mornings,all you talked about was friday nights game.Now people ask if there was a game.Attitudes have to change in Waverly or the future will be very grimm!

Agree, it is a shame no more businesses have their windows painted, their signs displaying the game, etc. Also, I've been disappointed in the crowds that have attended. For goodness sake, we weren't champions this year, but we were very competitive and entertaining. It's a shame this community doesn't support its kids.

hey bub i've had a 94 or better in english since 5th grade, i'm just tying to make my post a little bit shorter, i just do this like i would texting, but i guess i can straiten up a little, and yes i may misspell a few words, but either way hope to see yall next year. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

LOL....Yall next year? I am confused by your statement?

Hardhitter glad to have you as part of the REBEL NATION. The seniors that we lose this year will be missed but we have some more young men ready to step in and fill there shoes. It is good to see all the support that the community is giving this team now. One of the coaches you are talking about is a very dear friend of mine. He is a fine man not only is he teaching the game of football he is also teaching lessons in life along with the offensive line coach. these 2 men are fine examples for our young men to measure up to. Next year is going to be a challenge because we go up a class, but like you said earlier it takes hard work to achive your goals. SC has a taste of what hard work can do so I do not believe they will stop that process now. Coach Holiday along with his coaching staff has turned this program around and they are taking steps in the right direction. Coach keep up the good work. Been alot of negitive remarks about Coach this year, but I honstely believe that Coach did not deserve any of those comments about him or his character.

SC was a fluke this year they are not a very good team and they play in a sorry region

SC did great this season, better than i though they would of, yes they did have a bad region to play in but they did win and thats the point...you have to get a winning program to get more people interested which will in turn create a better team...no need for bashing, the season is over and Stewart County has brought some huge improvement so just take it easy.