Dyer Co. vs Fayette-Ware

N2Choctaws

Who played who in the jamboree and what were the scores??...I see where Westview looked good??..Who did they play??.....

Tell me more about Munford....Obion Central opens up with them in a Hall of Fame game next Friday...

I wasn't there unfortunately.....parental duty called /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> I have seen them practice this year and that has been it....I will be able to give a true assesment of what I think this week...just my opinion!!! DC played Munford.....D-burg played LC...that is all I know. Message N2choctaws...he will give you a good breakdown /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who played who in the jamboree and what were the scores??...I see where Westview looked good??..Who did they play??.....

Tell me more about Munford....Obion Central opens up with them in a Hall of Fame game next Friday...

Dyer Co. played Munford. I will also say that DC did not look good. It is a jamboree so it doesn't mean anything. The only one that looked good out there was CJ, of course. Cedarius and John played well out there to be Freshman. I think Cedarius has gotten a little taller since last year. The guy ya'll call "Big Ced" is pretty big! My question is, will he ever learn to quit walking? He walked alot tonight and alot of them were called on him but he also got away with some walks. It seemed as if he wanted to dunk the ball everytime and bring down the house. Now that I've seen Dyer Co. play, they could very well not win this District. If a team comes out with a good game plan and executes it against DC, they will come away victorious. I'll say DC will lose about 8 games this year.

Dyer Co. played Munford. I will also say that DC did not look good. It is a jamboree so it doesn't mean anything. The only one that looked good out there was CJ, of course. Cedarius and John played well out there to be Freshman. I think Cedarius has gotten a little taller since last year. The guy ya'll call "Big Ced" is pretty big! My question is, will he ever learn to quit walking? He walked alot tonight and alot of them were called on him but he also got away with some walks. It seemed as if he wanted to dunk the ball everytime and bring down the house. Now that I've seen Dyer Co. play, they could very well not win this District. If a team comes out with a good game plan and executes it against DC, they will come away victorious. I'll say DC will lose about 8 games this year.

LET'S NOT JUMP THE GUN TO QUICKLY WHEN RATING A TEAM, BY USING A JAMBOREE OR ANY SCRIMMAGE.

REMEMBER LAST SEASON DC PLAYED MILLINGTON AND DIDN'T LOOK GOOD AT ALL.DC ALSO LOST A COUPLE SCRIMMAGES THAT SURPRISED A LOT OF PEOPLE. BUT WHEN SEASON STARTED THEY BEGAN TO ROLL AND ROLLED RIGHT INTO THE STATE TOURNAMENT.I WON'T DOWN PLAY GC WHEN THEY LOSE PRESEASON SCRIMMAGES, SO BE CAREFUL , BECAUSE GC WILL HAVE TO PLAY DC.AND THE DC FANS ARE JUST SITTING BACK AND WAITING TO ATTACK.

Well, I'm guaging Dyer Co. by what they have this year. The loss of Rex Pierce and Thomas Cooper hurts this team badly. Yes, DC still has some very good ball players but without Rex, for sure, DC may not win this District.

YOU SEE THAT'S WHAT I'M REFERING TO WHEN I SAID NOT TO LOOK AT, AND PUT SO MUCH WEIGHT IN JAMBOREES.

REX PLAYED SATURDAY FOR DC.... IS #24 THIS YEAR JUSTIN BLAKE'S OLD #, BUT MC'CORD DIDN'T SHOW EVERYTHING, BECAUSE IT WAS JUST A PRACTICE GAME OR SHOULD I SAY HALF.

YOU SEE THAT'S WHAT I'M REFERING TO WHEN I SAID NOT LOOK AT AND PUT SO MUCH WEIGHT IN JAMBOREES.

REX PLAYED SATURDAY FOR DC IS #24 THIS YEAR JUSTIN BLAKE'S OLD #, BUT MC'CORD DIDN'T SHOW EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT WAS JUST A PRACTICE GAME OR SHOULD I SAY HALF.

Thanks clj.......had me wondering, cause I know the kid was practicing Monday when I went in the gym. I agree...you never want to play all out in a jamboree that does not count. You risk injury among other things. Jamboree and Fayatte-Ware were good to give the younger guys a dose of what it is gonna be like....and I think they will step up to the challenge.

Gotta love a scrimage in the Forum. Not like scrimaging in some old, stank, empty high school gym. Both teams might have a bad shooting game if they can't get down there to shoot around. Those goals look like they are hanging in outerspace. But some teams light it up. A nice first test for DC. FW is always big and athletic.

Got that right. Kids can look pretty silly warming up until they get used to not having a background close behind the goal.

Thanks clj.......had me wondering, cause I know the kid was practicing Monday when I went in the gym. I agree...you never want to play all out in a jamboree that does not count. You risk injury among other things. Jamboree and Fayatte-Ware were good to give the younger guys a dose of what it is gonna be like....and I think they will step up to the challenge.

What is all this stuff about Rex? Is there still some question about him being eligible for some reason / issue??