Eurosport Rankings

Justafan379

Love that Halo effect, but remember it only applies to schools with Saint or Father or Pope or Christian in their name.

No way Bearden was overrated. NO WAY! Eurosports is OVER-RATED and UNDER-SUPPLIED FOR IMPUT.......

The attempted point was that no team should fall from # 1 to # 10 unless they quit the sport. The slam is against ES.com......Bearden does NOT deserve that and I'll take them 75% of the time over # 3 to #9. I'll take them 50/50 on #1 and #2 . Want that bet?

I don't think they should have been treated that way. It is insulting and they are a great team and have been as represented by two consecutive State Championships. When you get to the end of the line, there's just a few "superior" teams that could win over and over if the games could be replayed.

I totally congratulate all the State Champions, BUT you know, they all said "OMG" did we just win the State???

Other than a dad or mom, who would da thunk it??? I submit this was a year of surprises. The ones that won and maybe more so, the ones that DID NOT. MOO (my opinion only) /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

h2.. No one, no one has been a bigger critic of ES rankings than I. My rants go back to '07 and I mean rants. But to place Bearden above the teams that made it to the big dance is well not right or fair. Those 8 teams no matter their path to Chattanooga did what they had to do, beat who they had to beat, when they had to beat them, to get there and deserve to be the top 8. Thats why we have a playoff.

Now was Bearden the best team not at the tournament ....Yes I believe so, and should have been #9.

While I don't want to sound as if I'm slamming Cleveland....But how do you rank Cleveland above Bearden? And above SD which beat them twice this year.

ES Rankings are like a box of Chocoletes.....You never know what your going to get!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

h2.. No one, no one has been a bigger critic of ES rankings than I. My rants go back to '07 and I mean rants. But to place Bearden above the teams that made it to the big dance is well not right or fair. Those 8 teams no matter their path to Chattanooga did what they had to do, beat who they had to beat, when they had to beat them, to get there and deserve to be the top 8. Thats why we have a playoff.

Now was Bearden the best team not at the tournament ....Yes I believe so, and should have been #9.

While I don't want to sound as if I'm slamming Cleveland....But how do you rank Cleveland above Bearden? And above SD which beat them twice this year.

ES Rankings are like a box of Chocoletes.....You never know what your going to get!

Hark! MVM? Now YOU are supporting ES after Soddy got torched by the polls? I can't believe iT!

I have great respect for Bearden. Their record for the last 3 years is one that any coach, player, parent or fan would want for their team. However, if you had made your "bet" before the season, you would not have done well at all. Bearden did play #4 - #7 this year and lost 75% of the time. Could it be that, in the end, those who vote on the rankings cast their ballot on this year's results rather than reputation?

Careful. There are several teams in the top ten that are there based on previous performance and despite a slew of losses each year seem to have some magical powers to stay afloat in the polls despite the losses, and sometimes not even a 50:50 record midway through the season......

Hey guys!!!!!!! STOP ........... I don't even know where Bearden is and have seen them play one time and it was not good, BUT chancesR said they were overrated for 2 months, as if....... I was putting them down. I was putting down EUROSPIT. I don't know who they can beat, but they don't deserve to drop 9 slots. Perhaps they shouldn't have been number one so long, not my fault. My question was why BGA stayed soooo high all season. I don't care who you are, NO team should go from ONE to TEN. Bottom line, none of us "can't look", even though we don't agree with what we see. Bearden is a very good team as are so many that lose the wrong game or two. I think the Baylor coach said, " we picked the wrong game to have a bad game".

Its like this..............we don't have a lot to rattle over at this point in time and I was just stirring the pot to see if anyone was still on board. Why don't we seek to find something to chat about for the next 9 months. Let's see, what % of HS seniors continue to play soccer in college or which schools honor TN players with college opportnities or who has the best JV year after year. LOL /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

OK....so this was my first year with CoachT....and what a fun 3 months it has been! Many thanks to those who have made me feel so welcomed!

So....now that high school girls' soccer is complete......does the girls' travel team soccer board get this exciting and, at times, controversial?

I have a Sophomore and Senior who played high school soccer and now they have moved on to their club teams.....so any excitement on that message board to look forward to?

And yes....I CAN live with Briarcrest's rankings on Eurosports! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

It didn't help when Bearden lost the last two games at crunch time. If you watched Bearden, one could see that they were vulnerable against a team with a solid defense, if the also had some offense to go along with their D. Bearden is solid, and a top 10 team.......and that's pretty darn good.

As to the excitement of the travel teams.......it probably won't happen IMO. For the most part there is not enough competition to create controversy. It's different soccer, covering several states, and for the most part, all that talking is definitely done on the field.

The only rationale that I can see is that Cleveland was eliminated by the State Champion (#1), Bearden by a semi-final team (#4) and SDHS by a quarter finalist (#8). All games were by a 1 goal difference.

In this poll, like many, the last game seems to weigh heavily in the voters mind.

No, we got torched last year......I have always said the final rankings should start 1-8 with the teams that make it to state tourny.

Sorry if you misunderstood me, I was pointing out the previous season. In as far as I think that Soddy has proven themselves, I disagree with the 8 teams advancing to the tourney being 1-8 in the polls.

Consider college football for a second (yelch, just a second). THe finals two teams play and after the game, they should therefore be 1 & 2 using your suggestion. Even the team that wins some years still doesn't deserve the #1 rank and the losing team can fall 2, 3 slots.

There likely will never be a good answer to correcting the polls other than this. They don't matter. Win your season, finish every game in the final tournament, ignore the polls.

Love that Halo effect, but remember it only applies to schools with Saint or Father or Pope or Christian in their name.

No way Bearden was overrated. NO WAY! Eurosports is OVER-RATED and UNDER-SUPPLIED FOR IMPUT.......

The attempted point was that no team should fall from # 1 to # 10 unless they quit the sport. The slam is against ES.com......Bearden does NOT deserve that and I'll take them 75% of the time over # 3 to #9. I'll take them 50/50 on #1 and #2 . Want that bet?

I don't think they should have been treated that way. It is insulting and they are a great team and have been as represented by two consecutive State Championships. When you get to the end of the line, there's just a few "superior" teams that could win over and over if the games could be replayed.

I totally congratulate all the State Champions, BUT you know, they all said "OMG" did we just win the State???

Other than a dad or mom, who would da thunk it??? I submit this was a year of surprises. The ones that won and maybe more so, the ones that DID NOT. MOO (my opinion only) /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Wow. Are you serious? How can the final top ten NOT be the eight teams that made it to Chattanooga? The rankings throughout the season are just an opinion based on games played but its not exactly a science. The teams all play different schedules and many of the usual top teams are from different districts and are required to play some weaker teams. This would account for some of the jumping around on the list from week to week. Everybody wants their team to be ranked higher but everybody also agrees its just a poll. It doesn't matter what the polls say ,if you want to advance in the post season, you have to win the games that matter. Those eight teams that made it to Chattanooga did that.

Once you make it to State, all the teams are good. There is no "superior" team, there are teams that work hard and play together and find ways to win. Thats what makes one team a champion.

As far as the "OMG, did we just win state?" comment. It is a little overwhelming for a bunch of teenage girls to achieve a goal they've worked so hard for. It's a great accomplishment they can be proud of for years to come. I, personally, would think any other reaction would almost be arrogant.

Congratulate the winners in all the divisions. They worked hard, they deserved their titles and their rankings. Be a good sport and move on.

Wow. Are you serious? How can the final top ten NOT be the eight teams that made it to Chattanooga? The rankings throughout the season are just an opinion based on games played but its not exactly a science. The teams all play different schedules and many of the usual top teams are from different districts and are required to play some weaker teams. This would account for some of the jumping around on the list from week to week. Everybody wants their team to be ranked higher but everybody also agrees its just a poll. It doesn't matter what the polls say ,if you want to advance in the post season, you have to win the games that matter. Those eight teams that made it to Chattanooga did that.

Once you make it to State, all the teams are good. There is no "superior" team, there are teams that work hard and play together and find ways to win. Thats what makes one team a champion.

As far as the "OMG, did we just win state?" comment. It is a little overwhelming for a bunch of teenage girls to achieve a goal they've worked so hard for. It's a great accomplishment they can be proud of for years to come. I, personally, would think any other reaction would almost be arrogant.

Congratulate the winners in all the divisions. They worked hard, they deserved their titles and their rankings. Be a good sport and move on.

You missed my point and I am a good sport. I would never have anything but the highest regard and spirit of congrulations for the winners. I come a team that was slammed all year about weak schedules and running up scores and they won the state, were undefeated, scored 123 goals and had 2 scored on them all year. Oh yea they were #3 in the nation, not the District, but they never got respect until state. If they played those 23 games again that year the only difference is that they might not have had the two goals scored. They were a superior team. They worked hard, deserved their titles and rankings, but someone always wanted to find fault. I've been there and know how it feels, so I speak from experiece. Congratulations to the winners. I just said Bearden was mistreated or misassessed. My point is that this year the winners were a surprise to most. Almost everyone picked Baylor, and Notre Dame and 2 or 3 top AAA's to win. They did not. This has nothing to do with the quality of teams, yes they are all good at that point, but (IMO) they could play each other again and perhaps get a different result.

If you think the best teams in the state are limited to the six that play for the championship, you are terribly mislead. Let Baylor or ECS or NotreDame or Houston or Dobyns Bennett have another game and you could very well have a different outcome, that's all. I am proud for the winners and do not want to take anything away. But anyone who follows soccer knows, one goal can decide a victory, but they may not be the most gifted team on the field, except at that very moment. State championship are decided by one game, the World Series is best of. It may be 4-0 or 4-3, but there's a chance to see one team play several games.

The whole point got misconstrued and I appreciate your defending the champs, but it was not necessary. Maybe I am in a minority here, but the results were a surprise to me. If I upset you, I ask forgiveness.

All is forgiven, I just have an issue with Bearden being "superior" just because they won the AAA championship last year and the teams this year are "surprises." If I remember correctly, Bearden won the championship but they only won their games at state by a one goal margin. Seems to me that would fall into the category of "if they played again what would happen?" I believe for the most part that the teams that are strong year after year all play hard schedules and even though their records may vary at the end of the season, the hype and the rankings don't always reflect the better teams. Sometimes their fans are just the loudest.

I'll be the first to say, and have said on here before, anything can happen on any given day that may decide the outcome of a game. Thats just soccer. The best eight teams may not always be at the state tournament , but they are the best in post season whether your team is there or not.