DonCChatt's Parting Thoughts

DonCChatt

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching that game you now appreciate that good teams win games, not good players. Still good to see that group out on the pitch

South Korea was the better team, winning 2-1, but I was impressed that Tennessee held them scoreless in the first half, and scored the 1 goal late in the second half. I was most impressed with the Tennessee Goalie. She made several great saves.

Tennessee sufferred due to their lack of "team" -- they hadn't played together, and you could see that they couldn't anticipate which way their team mate was going to break, etc.

Bottom line, I enjoyed the game, and hope to see more like it.

Edited by DonCChatt

South Korea was the better team, winning 2-1, but I was impressed that Tennessee held them scoreless in the first half, and scored the 1 goal late in the second half. I was most impressed with the Tennessee Goalie. She made several great saves.

Tennessee sufferred due to their lack of "team" -- they hadn't played together, and you could see that they couldn't anticipate which way their team mate was going to break, etc.

Bottom line, I enjoyed the game, and hope to see more like it.

Sorry I missed the game. I was attending and mowing another soccer field in the area <_< for my last season of hard labor....was there large crowd there?

Between 225-250. Perfect night if you like it warm.

Don, exactly how I felt. The only benefit each team seemed to have is that they could say anything they wanted without the opposing team know what they were saying. Trouble my daughter and the others knew very few of the players by name as they were scattered among the years U93-U88 ! Too funny.

Edited by Canesoverhere

I agree with DonC, the ODP keeper was impressive, as the score could have easily been 2 or 3 more goals for S.Korea...didn't catch her name though...It was great seeing all different Chattanooga soccer parents out there socializing watching the game.....Now to be quite honest, although S. Korea was somewhat dominate, I was not that greatly impressed with their skill level ? Maybe it was the heat ? Just seemed they failed to really complete a lot of attacks..

Was nice to see that Kat's dad was somewhat subdued since this match didn't matter..HAHAHAHA

Canes- DocC said you were there somewhere, We'll be in Memphis for the Rivals Tourney with Notre Dame...

D

I agree with DonC, the ODP keeper was impressive, as the score could have easily been 2 or 3 more goals for S.Korea...didn't catch her name though...It was great seeing all different Chattanooga soccer parents out there socializing watching the game.....Now to be quite honest, although S. Korea was somewhat dominate, I was not that greatly impressed with their skill level ? Maybe it was the heat ? Just seemed they failed to really complete a lot of attacks..

Was nice to see that Kat's dad was somewhat subdued since this match didn't matter..HAHAHAHA

Canes- DocC said you were there somewhere, We'll be in Memphis for the Rivals Tourney with Notre Dame...

D

Keeper - SPoke with her parents before the match. Eckels. WIll be a senior this year for St Benedicts in Memphis. If I am correct she will be playing as a Volunteer at the University in Knoxville.

Korea possessed the ball well, as I would have expected a team attending as a #1 seed to their world cup...great one touch passing building to an attack and then...no finish. The first ball was a 30 yard stroke in the Upper Right. THe second was a back post shot when the keeper came out. I, too, would have expected more talent in their forwards.

I will absolutely be home on that weekend so I look forward to seeing you there.

Edited by Canesoverhere