Germantown @ Whitehaven

dannyq

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whitehaven will roll. The thing that many don't realize about the Germantown upset of Whitehaven during the regular season is that Whitehaven did not play with all of their offensive weapons. If I am not mistaken, both the starting QB and starting RB missed that one with injuries. They are both healthy and should play this time.

Look for the Whitehaven Tigers to exact a little revenge on the Red Devils Friday Night.

Whitehaven 21 Germantown 7.

Whitehaven will roll. The thing that many don't realize about the Germantown upset of Whitehaven during the regular season is that Whitehaven did not play with all of their offensive weapons. If I am not mistaken, both the starting QB and starting RB missed that one with injuries. They are both healthy and should play this time.

Look for the Whitehaven Tigers to exact a little revenge on the Red Devils Friday Night.

No excuses ... starters or not ... Whitehaven didn't get it done when they had the opportunities to do so. Learn from it and move on. Whitehaven had their full compliment of players when we played Craigmont last week and we didn't put 21 on the board last week either. Are we capable ... definately ... as a matter of fact ... Whitehaven should not score any less the 28 points when they play. One TD per quarter should be the minimum that they score in any game. Germantown is a good quality team but I agree with you Rob_M ... Whitehaven should win this game.

Personally ... I want the defense to get a doughnut. I know that is a tall order ... but that's what I want.

No excuses ... starters or not ... Whitehaven didn't get it done when they had the opportunities to do so. Learn from it and move on. Whitehaven had their full compliment of players when we played Craigmont last week and we didn't put 21 on the board last week either. Are we capable ... definately ... as a matter of fact ... Whitehaven should not score any less the 28 points when they play. One TD per quarter should be the minimum that they score in any game. Germantown is a good quality team but I agree with you Rob_M ... Whitehaven should win this game.

Personally ... I want the defense to get a doughnut. I know that is a tall order ... but that's what I want.

This is going to be another good game, I heard that both sides had key injuries in the first game. The weather conditions were bad and the game was decided on a feild goal! All these are part of the game though! My prediction is Whitehaven getting there revenge in a somewhat close game! I dont think it is realistic to say they should put up 28 points on every team they play though! Region 8 does have better competition than Region 7 this year, as far as the stats go in the brackett there isnt a team with less than 8 wins coming from that Region! But dont overlook that side, because there is a powerhouse team waiting for the third round, reguardless of the location. Millington plays an explosive offense this week from the White Station Spartans, but the defense is better than last years and our offense is just as strong if not stronger! If we make it past them which I believe we will, I think we will be playing a much anticipated rematch of last years game Millington vs Whitehaven! Although yall will have the homefield advantage this year, Im predicting the same outcome as last year! I believe that the winner of this game could quite possibly be the State Champion this year, since the former #1 ranked team got knocked off in the first round! Millington had a lil bit of a suspect DB last year that yall found at the end of the game last year! This year though the boys can play no suspects! Im excited to see these 2 similar teams hard hitting explosive teams battle again! i think it will be a good one! That is if we both make it past this round!

This is going to be another good game, I heard that both sides had key injuries in the first game. The weather conditions were bad and the game was decided on a feild goal! All these are part of the game though! My prediction is Whitehaven getting there revenge in a somewhat close game! I dont think it is realistic to say they should put up 28 points on every team they play though! Region 8 does have better competition than Region 7 this year, as far as the stats go in the brackett there isnt a team with less than 8 wins coming from that Region! But dont overlook that side, because there is a powerhouse team waiting for the third round, reguardless of the location. Millington plays an explosive offense this week from the White Station Spartans, but the defense is better than last years and our offense is just as strong if not stronger! If we make it past them which I believe we will, I think we will be playing a much anticipated rematch of last years game Millington vs Whitehaven! Although yall will have the homefield advantage this year, Im predicting the same outcome as last year! I believe that the winner of this game could quite possibly be the State Champion this year, since the former #1 ranked team got knocked off in the first round! Millington had a lil bit of a suspect DB last year that yall found at the end of the game last year! This year though the boys can play no suspects! Im excited to see these 2 similar teams hard hitting explosive teams battle again! i think it will be a good one! That is if we both make it past this round!

Last year was just that ... last year. New year, new teams. If both teams get past the second round, that is when I will discuss that game ... right now, Whitehaven has to beat Germantown to advance ... If we don't beat them then discussing who would win in a Millington vs. Whitehaven game is pretty pointless. At this point, my focus is on Whitehaven beating Germantown because personally ... I don't have the desire to discuss much more then that.

In the words of Hank Williams Jr. ... "ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL?"

As you can see, when you get to this time of the year it is more than the 11 players that walk on the field. Don't ever take for granted the sideline in big games, more often than not, it is the greatest factor in winning or losing.......

Don't get me wrong i picked Whitehaven in a close one and i was wrong but it is not just talent that wins Championships.

As you can see, when you get to this time of the year it is more than the 11 players that walk on the field. Don't ever take for granted the sideline in big games, more often than not, it is the greatest factor in winning or losing.......

Don't get me wrong i picked Whitehaven in a close one and i was wrong but it is not just talent that wins Championships.

I can understand why you may say what you say but the Tigers have a pretty young staff and alot of mistakes have been made over the years,but that same staff is responsible for back to back 10 win seasons.

Last night's game was especially painful. G-Town was stopped cold on 4th and 1. Their running back Thorton took a hand off and his foward progress was stopped(whistle should have been blown)but he was able to toss the ball forward into the end zone where his fullback was able to get on top of it. Touchdown!!!!!

I can understand why you may say what you say but the Tigers have a pretty young staff and alot of mistakes have been made over the years,but that same staff is responsible for back to back 10 win seasons.

Last night's game was especially painful. G-Town was stopped cold on 4th and 1. Their running back Thorton took a hand off and his foward progress was stopped(whistle should have been blown)but he was able to toss the ball forward into the end zone where his fullback was able to get on top of it. Touchdown!!!!!

Does anybody have the stats to this game?

If so, would you mind posting them?

--------------------------------------------------------

Congratulations, Germanton....... Great season Whitehaven.

Cam6,

Specifically, what are you insinuating?

Cam6,

GERMANTOWN 21, WHITEHAVEN 20

Germantown 0 0 14 0 7 ??” 21

Whitehaven 7 0 0 7 6 ??” 20

W ??” Jeremy Pryor 16 pass from Fred Flenorl (Josue Mecalco kick)

G ??” Stephen Zambetti 4 run (kick failed)

G ??” Hunter Hiatt 1 run (Stephen Zambetti run)

W ??” Fred Flenorl 5 run (Josue Mecalco kick)

W ??” Cortez Mosby 1 run (kick failed)

G ??” Sir Gregory Thornton 2 run (John Dangerfield kick)

G W

First downs 11 11

Net yards rushing 136 175

Net yards passing 41 67

INDIVIDUAL STATISTICS

RUSHING ??” Germantown, Sir Gregory Thornton 16-61. Whitehaven, Cortez Mosby 22-102.

PASSING ??” Germantown, Hunter Hiatt 4-8-41-0. Whitehaven, Fred Flenorl 3-9-67-0.

RECORDS ??” Germantown 10-2, Whitehaven 10-2.

Cam6,

I am only saying in Millington and Whitehaven cases it is not just a talented team that will get the victory this time of year. Players have to be mentally ready, Coaches have to be prepared for everything and make good adjustments, You need to take care of the football, and you need to not have West TN finest make bad calls that influence the outcome of close games and ultimately every year around here there are key games that are close that have very bad calls influence the outcome of a game. There are a lot of factors that determine games and it is not usually what the common fan in the stands thinks. There is no room for any mistakes.