Where will Lunsford be Next year

tunesquad

I hate to read this. I just don't see JC giving up the "shot calling" to anyone. I think Mike may have to move on for that kind of freedom. Not trying to get anything started, but JC ran a dang good football program before Mike. Again, I know what Mike has done at Cloudland AND Hampton, I just see this thing going in the wrong direction for both people. I hope it works out for both!

JC has probably forgot more about football than most people have ever known, the only problem is, I don't think he can remember it. lol

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is Queen Leon once again on Region 1's threads. Where is our own bought and paid for moderator to protect us? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> As for J.C., he was good back in the day when his type of football worked. If it was up to J.C. he would still run on 3rd and 15. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> The game has trully evolved and will keep evolving.

I'm sure Mike would appreciate the kind words. His passion is second to none. Thats why Ihope he continues to Coach somewhere. He'll make someone better if he has the chance. He knows the 2 most important things, kids and Football.

Those are the (2) reasons he WILL coach. Someone will make him an offer he can't turn down! He will make one LUCKY school a good one!

Those are the (2) reasons he WILL coach. Someone will make him an offer he can't turn down! He will make one LUCKY school a good one!

I sure hope you're right, and you should be. His record speaks for itsself and he still has the passion to build a winner. I know at least 3 kids who are waiting to see where he ends up. All 3 would make a good addition to any of these local teams. 2 in the 8th grade and 1 in the 6th. Can't blame um.

I sure hope you're right, and you should be. His record speaks for itsself and he still has the passion to build a winner. I know at least 3 kids who are waiting to see where he ends up. All 3 would make a good addition to any of these local teams. 2 in the 8th grade and 1 in the 6th. Can't blame um.

Pujo, what are the odds that Mike will stay "local"? If so, where do you think it will be? What is JC saying about all of this? Does he even care?

I talked to one of Mike's brother's today, and he said that Mike was tired right now and may not coach at all. I guess the thought of teaching and then going straight home is tempting. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Pujo, what are the odds that Mike will stay "local"? If so, where do you think it will be? What is JC saying about all of this? Does he even care?

I was talking yesterday with a football player from Hampton High School and he thinks Coach Lunsford will stay at Hampton. But he doesn't think Coach Lunsford will coach....he thinks he will just finish out his teaching career there. This football player knows that Coach Lunsford is tired of all the bull he has to put up with. He told me he would miss Lunsford if he didn't coach and it was doubtful if he would play if Lunsford decides not to return.

JC Campbell and Mike Lunsford are indeed very good friends. But I hear from sources inside Hampton High that JC's mind is going and he is very forgetful which is what naturally happens when you get older.

POLTICS are a big factor at Hampton High School and just a few unhappy parents who want Coach Lunsford out. I was also told more than once Danny McClain over rode Coach Lunsford's play calls on Friday nights. Maybe the team would be better off with McClain staying at the office and let Lunsford coach the football team.

Mike told me he is not coaching at Hampton next year. He said he dont think he is intrested in driving all the way to erwin. I think there is to much politics at Hampton even if he were the head coach. I know there were decisions made about playing players that Mike didn't want playing because they weren't the best that Hampton could field. I think it cost them a couple of games at least. I would love to see him at Unaka, but I think that he's done coaching at least for now.

Mike told me he is not coaching at Hampton next year. He said he dont think he is intrested in driving all the way to erwin. I think there is to much politics at Hampton even if he were the head coach. I know there were decisions made about playing players that Mike didn't want playing because they weren't the best that Hampton could field. I think it cost them a couple of games at least. I would love to see him at Unaka, but I think that he's done coaching at least for now.

No you would not like to see him at Unaka. If you think politics is bad at Hampton, then you haven't met the cut-throat creekers. Just ask Kenneth Chambers, the best coach Unaka had. Carter County people are too dumb to let the coaches do their job so we can win some titles.

The lastword, if Mike coaches at all. it will be local. I really Don't know what JC thinks about it, but someone is going to have to step up and do ALOT of work.'Politics exista at all these little area schools,it takes a strong hand to ignore it. I know when he was at Cloudland , a few people tried to help him make a few desisions, didn't go over to well . He didn't even let his own nephew play. A good coach ,coaches for the TEAM.

Is Ensor leaving Unaka?

The lastword, if Mike coaches at all. it will be local. I really Don't know what JC thinks about it, but someone is going to have to step up and do ALOT of work.'Politics exista at all these little area schools,it takes a strong hand to ignore it. I know when he was at Cloudland , a few people tried to help him make a few desisions, didn't go over to well . He didn't even let his own nephew play. A good coach ,coaches for the TEAM.

Once again you are correct! On the out side looking in, it looks as though you have JC who has dedicated his whole life to the Hampton football program and school. On the other hand you have a very proven, yet younger coach ready to call the "shots". On the surface you have two men with the same school and program in mind, but a situation which will not or can't co-exist,nor work. aka UT. Good luck to Mike where ever he winds up.