warren county season

pioneer25

What I find odd is that the Head Coach at WC has more respect and admiration for the teams accomplishments outside of Warren Co. than he does inside. I've lived here for over a decade now, through 4 head coaches, and not once has the entire community stood behind either of them. I have no family in the high school or on the football team here but I enjoy watching high school football. There is talent here in WC but with all the negativity from OUTSIDE the program, the kids won't come out for the team. If the administration, parents and community want the program to be successful, stop all the negativity, stand behind the coaching staff and 100% support the team. I honestly think that 90 -95% support Coach Madewell but it's always the negativity that screams louder.

In response to the comment about running gassers after the Oakland scrimmage. That's nothing new. I played for a coach that made us do 10 trips of 100 yd up downs after a scrimmage (that we won) We went to the semi-finals that year. Did it embarass us? Yea. Did we refocus? Absolutely.

I wasn't at that scrimmage so I can't comment of whether or not it was justified but if running gassers after a scrimmage offended some people maybe football's not their calling.

For those of you on CoachT that I've met from WC, please forgive my tone in this post. It's just that all this negativity really get's old after awhile.

GO PIONEERS! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

owls1987 tell me if something was to happen where w.c. lost their head coach with a 18-36 five year record and no playoff wins who would hire him???? smith co. I have talked with several kids that will not play for this coach dont be suprised to see w.c. lose some exsiting players regardless of any negativity its bad to say but true....

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

owls1987 tell me if something was to happen where w.c. lost their head coach with a 18-36 five year record and no playoff wins who would hire him???? smith co. I have talked with several kids that will not play for this coach dont be suprised to see w.c. lose some exsiting players regardless of any negativity its bad to say but true....

i guess you have stumped everydody axman. standards are so low now with the high school sports teams 18-36 must seem pretty good. if the kids were not doing good in math or english something would be done. i guess sports doesnt matter in w.c. anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

How is the off season looking for the pioneers?

Does anyone have a 2009 schedule they could post.

The schedule was posted in the paper a week or so ago. Same opponents except they dropped Ensworth and picked up Rhea Co. for week 10.

Congratulations to all players who received awards @ the banquet Saturday night!

I heard they gave more awards and recognition to the booster club members than they did to the players. Sounds about right for warren county parents!

BAHA /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> That's funny! Very true, but funny that other people recognized it to. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

I heard they gave more awards and recognition to the booster club members than they did to the players. Sounds about right for warren county parents!

i think the players got more awards than the booster club members, did any o fthe booster club members know they were getting awards,and who all got the awards,i'm pretty sure they'll give them back seeing how it is going to cause conflict on them getting something. if everybody is so upset about the booster club elections are coming up lets change a few things then. let me know who got them that your upset about getting a award