State Tournament to Remain in Chattanooga

DonCChatt

Ain't goin' to happen........at least anytime in the near future. The economics will prevent it, unless there is a generous donor somewhere in the future. There are a lot of nice soccer parks in the state however, especially in middle and west TN. Knoxville is lacking for a large, quality facility. Nice one in Tri-Cities area.

Mike Rose and Siegel Park(?) in Murfreesboro are excellent facilities, that get "loved to death".

It is difficult to balance the need to use the facility to support the cost of it versus the need to allow it to rest/recover. Not saying it can't be done, but it is difficult.

Agree that the Decatur, AL site is currently excellent (at least it was 9 months ago when I last saw it).

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that Siegel would be a lot better for the Western teams.

C-town is about equadistant for Knox and Central. The Tri-Cities (D-B and others) have a somewhat longer hike.

Siegel is really a great complex; I hope it doesn't get chewed up like Mike Rose.

The C-town venues are great; I'm sure coaches are happy except for the long drive for West teams.

I think the year we played there that every player had turf burns.

If Tennessee could put together a facility like the one in Decatur AL, that would be ideal. In fact, every soccer complex should use this as a blueprint for a soccer complex.

The complex in Decatur, Alabama is unbelievable. Hands down, the best soccer complex I've ever seen.

Come on... Murfreesboro has the China Bazaar (sells all those cool swords and stuff)!

ok... that's about all they have.

Well, we aren't as big as Chattanooga but there are two shopping areas..the avenues are really nice. If you want history you could always do the Stones River National Battlefield and for younger kids we have a discovery musem. We don't have a thriving downtown area or a big fish tank. There is plenty to do, we have 3 starbucks within a mile of each other. Now, if you want to come to place with nothing to do, come visit Jefferson City, TN.

When? 30 years ago, G?

/happy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="^_^" border="0" alt="happy.gif" />

Cute. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

And Canes, it was MISS Murfree (she wasn't married back then!) /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />