Northeast TN Districts

veerman8133

Not a real drastic change for South Greene, we still have 3 opponents from the current region, we normally played Grainger as out of conference, so we add Greeneville and Claiborne. I feel like we should compete with Claiborne, though it may take some time before we can realistically compete with Greeneville. It just stinks that we will still have Alcoa to go through in the playoffs. We were a handful of students (which we are going to lose due to Greeneville annexing a portion of the county next year) away from dropping down to "A", that would have been interesting to see how much success we could have had. Hopefully, this new alignment will allow us (or should I say force us) to become more competitive.

SGDAD

Not a real drastic change for South Greene, we still have 3 opponents from the current region, we normally played Grainger as out of conference, so we add Greeneville and Claiborne. I feel like we should compete with Claiborne, though it may take some time before we can realistically compete with Greeneville. It just stinks that we will still have Alcoa to go through in the playoffs. We were a handful of students (which we are going to lose due to Greeneville annexing a portion of the county next year) away from dropping down to "A", that would have been interesting to see how much success we could have had. Hopefully, this new alignment will allow us (or should I say force us) to become more competitive.

SGDAD

Not only do we all have to go through Alcoa still, but add Austin-East to the mix as well. But I'm with you, I think it will be a competitive league pretty much without much change. For Cumberland Gap, the only teams we are adding is Greeneville and Grainger, and we played Grainger up until a couple years ago when the schedules wouldn't work out. We just dropped one bully (G-P) and added another one (GHS)!!!!! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> Anyway, I'm looking forward to it and can't wait til next season!!! Good luck to all in the offseason!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Not only do we all have to go through Alcoa still, but add Austin-East to the mix as well. But I'm with you, I think it will be a competitive league pretty much without much change. For Cumberland Gap, the only teams we are adding is Greeneville and Grainger, and we played Grainger up until a couple years ago when the schedules wouldn't work out. We just dropped one bully (G-P) and added another one (GHS)!!!!! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> Anyway, I'm looking forward to it and can't wait til next season!!! Good luck to all in the offseason!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

More than likely Greenville will dominate the new district. I am basing that on the fact that they are already into the third round of the 4A playoffs and they won their 4A district this year. Does anyone know if the school of attendance is a students choice in Green County? If so, could all the Green County schools begin to lose their best athletes to GHS? This has happened before in other places when one school or team begins to be highly successful in a particular sport. I think the district will be very competitive and exciting with the exception of Greenville probably dominating next season. Do you know anything about what players you guys will have back next season? Grainger loses QB (McBee) and most playmaking WRs...but several Juniors and Sophomores received a lot of playing time at RB and on the line. They don't look to have any standouts currently, but a winter in the weightroom often brings a few of these out. Still don't know what to expect from the Grainger Grizzlies next year. What about everybody else?

More than likely Greenville will dominate the new district. I am basing that on the fact that they are already into the third round of the 4A playoffs and they won their 4A district this year. Does anyone know if the school of attendance is a students choice in Green County? If so, could all the Green County schools begin to lose their best athletes to GHS? This has happened before in other places when one school or team begins to be highly successful in a particular sport. I think the district will be very competitive and exciting with the exception of Greenville probably dominating next season. Do you know anything about what players you guys will have back next season? Grainger loses QB (McBee) and most playmaking WRs...but several Juniors and Sophomores received a lot of playing time at RB and on the line. They don't look to have any standouts currently, but a winter in the weightroom often brings a few of these out. Still don't know what to expect from the Grainger Grizzlies next year. What about everybody else?

GHS should be stacked again next year. They will be losing Hall an Barner tho.