Warren County Lady Pioneers

14pioneers

That is the problem for sure. the high school system is not taught at the elementary school level, the HS coaches are not involved in the elementary system at all. They can hardly find coaches to take the jobs at that level, or so they say. Every program I've ever known that had consistent success had a strong elementary system that was used as a feeder system to prepare kids for the next level.

Parent, this has been hashed and hashed and Hashed for 3 years using the same points(almost exact words). This is not a selling job on here. The citizens are not interested in a coaching change, most of the players are from county schools, county votes, it is thought, favors leaving things as they are and the principal on up is not sold on doing anything. Elementary and Middle School have been hashed. Reassigning has been hashed with almost a plan for a tenured person. Putting elementary and middle school coaches with elementary. Building a new middle school. last thing was posted was building another High School and making two AA schools. It has been sold on here. The citizens are going to have to decide if they want to do something else and IMO its in the hands of the Principal and the School Board. Evidently no votes on the school board. Coaches names have been mention but still not enough votes. next year reclassification happens with Coffee, Warren,White, Cookeville and Cumberland High School in your District. Better slightly for Warren but still no more District wins. Someone has worked with rebounding and has more players but still not deep. If the Principal says he has no complaints.................................. Last year a suggestion was made on this site to organize the coaching staff and have a coach to work with inside players under the head coach. The head coach is the head coach. It's her responsibility and she knows the heat is on however they seemed to be doing better until this injury which we all hope is not serious. They still had only one major scorer with a group of underclassman coming on that had promise. The fans at Warren County are patient. Dekalb is restructuring, Coffee is restructuring, Tullahoma is restructuring. White and Cookeville are strong. Taking the coaches out of the process and taking the fans and parents on this site out of it, Who in Warren County knows how to correct this situation but Again taking all of the people mentioned out, Who thinks there is a need to correct anything? As the past 3 years, there is no one so the citizens always know best and likely everybody involved in the Direction of the program think everything is all right. It is good that 14 took this subject off of 7AAA. Rehashing something that cannot be fixed is frustrating. We all look in and every so often someone gets excited and makes good reading. A lot of ex residents think a lot of the county and its residents and the school. They cover you from all over the state of Tennessee. They know you, some by first name. They want you to do well. You are doing well in many things and the youth of Warren should be proud of what you are doing there.

By the way, doing nothing will only effect 75 to 100 votes, I hate to say it but you are in the minority in girls basketball.. That is the cold hard facts

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As parents of a former player,our concern for wins VS. losses,inexcusable coaching tactics,no offseason

preparation to speak of and the inability to mesh a group of girls together as a team,became insignificant

compared to the emotional distress we saw our child indure.Could our child have worked harder ? YES

However,when will the time come that the question of where are all the players of promise at when they become

seniors.Im sure talent plays a part in this ,however i have personally watched her teams for years, it is very difficult to distinguish the starters from the third team,Should the coach not be held accountable for not teaching ,surely

the players are not completely at fault. I truly believe High School Sports are imortant to our youth in todays society.

The coach should not take the place of parents, but while he or she is instructing that child they must strive to

make a positive impact in all facets of the game.WHY HAVE SO MANY QUIT SO SOON AFTER BEGIINING THIS PROGRAM? Dont ask this to the present players or parents ,they are most definitely scared of losing playing

time.ASK,,,the former players that walk the hall , have already graduated or MOVED out town.IT IS BIGGER

THAN 200 LOSSES.Where are this years seniors?Im sure This coach is a fine person however should she

be a High School Coach,,,Im not sure, maybe someone can explain it to we parents that have seen first hand.

And by the way there have been complaints!!!!!!!!!!

As parents of a former player,our concern for wins VS. losses,inexcusable coaching tactics,no offseason

preparation to speak of and the inability to mesh a group of girls together as a team,became insignificant

compared to the emotional distress we saw our child indure.Could our child have worked harder ? YES

However,when will the time come that the question of where are all the players of promise at when they become

seniors.Im sure talent plays a part in this ,however i have personally watched her teams for years, it is very difficult to distinguish the starters from the third team,Should the coach not be held accountable for not teaching ,surely

the players are not completely at fault. I truly believe High School Sports are imortant to our youth in todays society.

The coach should not take the place of parents, but while he or she is instructing that child they must strive to

make a positive impact in all facets of the game.WHY HAVE SO MANY QUIT SO SOON AFTER BEGIINING THIS PROGRAM? Dont ask this to the present players or parents ,they are most definitely scared of losing playing

time.ASK,,,the former players that walk the hall , have already graduated or MOVED out town.IT IS BIGGER

THAN 200 LOSSES.Where are this years seniors?Im sure This coach is a fine person however should she

be a High School Coach,,,Im not sure, maybe someone can explain it to we parents that have seen first hand.

And by the way there have been complaints!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry, but when was the last time that Warren County had a team of anykind besides Pionerettes and Cheerleaders that was successful? Can anyone name one team of any sport male or female that has been competitivesuccessful in the last few years?

If I am not terribly mistaken the last time the WC girl's basketball team went to the region was in 1995. They had a pretty successful team that year, beating Riverdale, 10th ranked Oakland and also Coffee County who was coming off of a State Championship. I may be mistaken on the year.

If I am not terribly mistaken the last time the WC girl's basketball team went to the region was in 1995. They had a pretty successful team that year, beating Riverdale, 10th ranked Oakland and also Coffee County who was coming off of a State Championship. I may be mistaken on the year.

Exactly! The last team to be successful in this century was the 2004 Boy's Soccer team that won the regular season district title. Since the loss of many of the places that provided good paying jobs in Warren County and the people who left taking their kids with them, the High School sports (none of them) have been able to compete against the other teams in their district. The only hope for the High School sports is coming with the new realignment of the district and getting Warren County out of having to play against the teams from Rutherford County and in a smaller district. The problem is much deeper than the coach(es) at the High School. That is part of the problem but not all of the problem. To just change the coach will not completely solve the problem(s).

Exactly! The last team to be successful in this century was the 2004 Boy's Soccer team that won the regular season district title. Since the loss of many of the places that provided good paying jobs in Warren County and the people who left taking their kids with them, the High School sports (none of them) have been able to compete against the other teams in their district. The only hope for the High School sports is coming with the new realignment of the district and getting Warren County out of having to play against the teams from Rutherford County and in a smaller district. The problem is much deeper than the coach(es) at the High School. That is part of the problem but not all of the problem. To just change the coach will not completely solve the problem(s).

One thing is for sure "Whitey" It darn sure wouldn't hurt to change the coaching situation. I do not think any hire, would do a WORSE job than what we have endured in Coach Eades 2 stints here. Do not forget she inherited a very talented deep team when she got the job for the 2nd time, one that didn't advance as far as it could have with a coach of high school quality at the helm. "Whitey" she couldn't land another 3aaa job anywhere in the Midstate !! C'mon people get real. The "SWAMI" has definetly spoken on this topic !!!!

One thing is for sure "Whitey" It darn sure wouldn't hurt to change the coaching situation. I do not think any hire, would do a WORSE job than what we have endured in Coach Eades 2 stints here. Do not forget she inherited a very talented deep team when she got the job for the 2nd time, one that didn't advance as far as it could have with a coach of high school quality at the helm. "Whitey" she couldn't land another 3aaa job anywhere in the Midstate !! C'mon people get real. The "SWAMI" has definetly spoken on this topic !!!!

Not disagreeing with any of that. I am suggesting that the problem goes a lot deeper and to just stop there will not fix the "overall" problem. There are a lot of other things that go with changing the coach that also need to be changed. Without changing those things, you will severly handicap even the best coach you could find to come in and replace the current coach. Superficial and simplistic approaches to solving problems have always irritated me. People always fail to really solve the problem. It is like cutting down briars and leaving their roots in the ground to only come back on you because you did not go deep enough.

Not disagreeing with any of that. I am suggesting that the problem goes a lot deeper and to just stop there will not fix the "overall" problem. There are a lot of other things that go with changing the coach that also need to be changed. Without changing those things, you will severly handicap even the best coach you could find to come in and replace the current coach. Superficial and simplistic approaches to solving problems have always irritated me. People always fail to really solve the problem. It is like cutting down briars and leaving their roots in the ground to only come back on you because you did not go deep enough.

"Whitey", Can you explain to me why White County can excel in both girls and boys basketball and we can't , with basically the same type of athletes and in a smaller town to draw from ? What about Cannon County ? Do you see a different type athlete in either example ? Why do these two teams compete and we don't ? We have more to draw from with essentially the same type athletes.

Yep, the problem is its tough to cut the briars down without a sharp tool and Warren County needs to find a sharp tool and a large rake to get some of the debries moved and the ground reworked so the seedlings can grow. Well I do remember some of those WC terms. Now I've got to read it and see what I said. And just maybe maybe Cannon County, might let you draw a line from just east of Centertown over to just east of Morrison and let the kids go to Cannon High School and make it a AAA school and add another school to the new 6AAA District.. That would even things up and add 200 students to Cannon. That would just about make them AAA. White keeps saying they are getting HS players from Warren. Maybe an agreement could be made 5 miles east of the VFW as they do need some tall post players. and i really had not thought about Dekalb. Their restructuring, it has been said needs some players also with their new coach. Dekalb needs to be AAA also and there would be a good chance. And you know about Coffee with their new coach who is restructuring their HS and middle schools and will be in the new 6AAA District and he has outwardly said he will need some new players. A good large round county gives a lot of options to the county. There would then be no reason to do anything and could just rock along.

Yep, the problem is its tough to cut the briars down without a sharp tool and Warren County needs to find a sharp tool and a large rake to get some of the debries moved and the ground reworked so the seedlings can grow. Well I do remember some of those WC terms. Now I've got to read it and see what I said.

Always good to hear from you "PHargis" !!!!

[quote name='14pioneers'

I hope the Bowman girl is recovering fast and I hope all her tests come back positive. We will not resemble a team without her, she is absolutely invaluable breaking the press and scoring the basket.

What is the status of Bowman? It looked like she hurt her knee pretty bad against White County.