Warren County Basketball

14pioneers

9th grade team???

Yes they are a 9th grade team. If they can all stick it out this year looks like WC will have a fine team in years to come with Brazel, Mont, Glenn, Blair, and Thrower combined with the talent coming up. These guys have a lot of heart and speed. Changing districts can't hurt. WIN or LOSE I'll always have Pioneer pride.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes they are a 9th grade team. If they can all stick it out this year looks like WC will have a fine team in years to come with Brazel, Mont, Glenn, Blair, and Thrower combined with the talent coming up. These guys have a lot of heart and speed. Changing districts can't hurt. WIN or LOSE I'll always have Pioneer pride.

I agree. I think Airball is being sarcastic as in "who cares about freshmen". Alan Smith does a good job with the freshmen each year preparing them for varsity. Maybe if other people & coaches took the time working with the freshmen they would see alot better results and numbers too. Crucial age in a student athletes life.

I agree. I think Airball is being sarcastic as in "who cares about freshmen". Alan Smith does a good job with the freshmen each year preparing them for varsity. Maybe if other people & coaches took the time working with the freshmen they would see alot better results and numbers too. Crucial age in a student athletes life.

I agree Airball is being sarcastic. But don't know why he is being sarcastic all teams in this district have a freshman team which is smart for the upcoming years. Especially the Warren County freshman team alot of talent coming up. Really would like to see us stay in this same district next year not only because we should'nt play down to our competition but to show that we can compete in 7AAA. I think with the Sophmores WC has now and adding the freshman team we could really surprise some people in this district.

It's good to see alot of interest this early on the boys side, much much much better than last year. Hopefully, we will have a lot to tlalk about this year, I am already pleasantly surprised by our play thus far.

It's good to see alot of interest this early on the boys side, much much much better than last year. Hopefully, we will have a lot to tlalk about this year, I am already pleasantly surprised by our play thus far.

BumP !!!! Well, I thought there was alot of interest this year ???? C'mon people we have a huge winnable district game Tuesday night at Blackman, and I "the SWAMI" has predicted a PIONEER victory. Tell me I am not dreaming !!!!!

BumP !!!! Well, I thought there was alot of interest this year ???? C'mon people we have a huge winnable district game Tuesday night at Blackman, and I "the SWAMI" has predicted a PIONEER victory. Tell me I am not dreaming !!!!!

If you do not beat Blackman, you will not have a very good year. I have seen Blackman and they are not that good. No inside game, no go to player. They will not win very many games in my opinion. I hope I'm wrong because I'm a Blackman fan but I did not see anything to make me believe otherwise the other night.

If you do not beat Blackman, you will not have a very good year. I have seen Blackman and they are not that good. No inside game, no go to player. They will not win very many games in my opinion. I hope I'm wrong because I'm a Blackman fan but I did not see anything to make me believe otherwise the other night.

I agree "Blazealthewaze" , this is an important game for both teams, probably more for Blackman because they are at home, and in my opinon , their coach will get the best out of what he has.

its good to hear warren county's winning some games and competing in the ones they do not....i'm a former pioneer returning to the county after several years and have been away from the basketball program for quite a while. looking forward to going back to games and cheering on the pioneers....i never played bball for WC but was a very active "Front Row Bro"....its sad to hear WC's student section has went down the drain.....when is the next home game?

when is the next home game?

This Friday against White Co.

So far I have been impressed with the Pioneers they have a very competitive team this year. The boys have a don't quit mentality to them which was shown in the Gallatin and the Coffee Co. games. Pioneers have a good chance of beating Blackman tonight and with Puckett injured they have a good chance against White Co. on Friday.

its good to hear warren county's winning some games and competing in the ones they do not....i'm a former pioneer returning to the county after several years and have been away from the basketball program for quite a while. looking forward to going back to games and cheering on the pioneers....i never played bball for WC but was a very active "Front Row Bro"....its sad to hear WC's student section has went down the drain.....when is the next home game?

You had "Pioneer Pride" and still do! We have got to get that back here in WC. These next two home games White Co. on the 12th and Coffee Co. on the 16th are rivalries. Last Tuesday night the Coffee Co. student section gave us a hard time and were shaking their keys at us and chanting all kinds of crap, so we need to return the favor. I guess they were still mad about the football game!

I agree "Blazealthewaze" , this is an important game for both teams, probably more for Blackman because they are at home, and in my opinon , their coach will get the best out of what he has.

I thought the WC pioneers would pull out a win tonight against Blackman. I believed the SWAMIs prediction. They just didn't seem to play to their potencial or have a plan to score a goal. It seemed like a free for all on the court. What ever happened to the plays were the point guard holds up 2 fingers and shouts twooo so the post knows it's his play to score and that the wing better feed him a good pass or 4 fingers means we are shooting a three? I'm confused! I guess the boys are too. It's like they are just shooting wild balls and everyone is looking at the shot going UP UP unprepared to block out the opponent. What happened to last weeks defense? I hope we have a better plan on our home turf Friday night. Good luck Guys.