Warren County Basketball

14pioneers

The "ole swami" is a little confused about the Pioneers this year, please help the "ole swami" out and give me something about our chances this year. I don't see it happening and I hope the powers to be have the patience with Coach Smith as they obviously have bended over backwards for Lady Pioneer Coach Eades. Can we win 1 distict game this year ?? Please everyone !! enlighten the "swami"!!

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please why are you even asking about Warren County basketball. Let me tell you this if Warren County would play the best players they have walking the hallways they would compete. You guys think you can win with plug in players. Warren Co. lost there future star when they let Tylan Martin get away to Chatt. Baylor. Why would this happen unless the kid was unhappy . For one you do not and I mean you do not put your true point guard down in the paint and play him at center to make parents and players happy. You let those kids be themself and let them play. Try that .....and Coach wake up and stop listening to the parents and try and win games. Go down the hallways and talk to those kids that need to be playing and say hey look you come in and beat someone out of a spot its yours if you can keep it. Really hate to see Warren Co. keep loseing talented blood lines to surrunding counties. Stop the good ole boy system and get your program back on map.

Please why are you even asking about Warren County basketball. Let me tell you this if Warren County would play the best players they have walking the hallways they would compete. You guys think you can win with plug in players. Warren Co. lost there future star when they let Tylan Martin get away to Chatt. Baylor. Why would this happen unless the kid was unhappy . For one you do not and I mean you do not put your true point guard down in the paint and play him at center to make parents and players happy. You let those kids be themself and let them play. Try that .....and Coach wake up and stop listening to the parents and try and win games. Go down the hallways and talk to those kids that need to be playing and say hey look you come in and beat someone out of a spot its yours if you can keep it. Really hate to see Warren Co. keep loseing talented blood lines to surrunding counties. Stop the good ole boy system and get your program back on map.

I don't think Tylan was asked to leave, so he left the baskball program on his own. Besides he's not the only one to leave the program and I agree there is talent walking the halls, but there obviously isn't enough desire to play.

I don't think Tylan was asked to leave, so he left the baskball program on his own. Besides he's not the only one to leave the program and I agree there is talent walking the halls, but there obviously isn't enough desire to play.

Where is the kid that starred at the Middle School last year ? I can't remember his name, is he at Boyd or is he at Warren County or maybe elsewhere ?

Ok, for one Tylan is a decent player but it takes 5 last I counted to play. Don't know what other talent walking the halls you are referring to??? Not real sure what you are talking about saying the Coach listens to parents I can say for a fact that is not true. Of all the coaches at WC that DO play politics I don't believe the Smiths are one of those coaches. They, with the team they have this year, don't have alot to work with this year and no matter how much talent you think there is wondering the hallways the Smiths cant make them play and frankly I as a coach would'nt go begging for boys to play. Also not sure what talented blood lines WC keeps losing??? If you want to see some talent check out the freshman team. Don't really think you have your facts right...

Where is the kid that starred at the Middle School last year ? I can't remember his name, is he at Boyd or is he at Warren County or maybe elsewhere ?

Not sure who you are referring too...The Middle School had about 5 that starred last year.

Ok, for one Tylan is a decent player but it takes 5 last I counted to play. Don't know what other talent walking the halls you are referring to??? Not real sure what you are talking about saying the Coach listens to parents I can say for a fact that is not true. Of all the coaches at WC that DO play politics I don't believe the Smiths are one of those coaches. They, with the team they have this year, don't have alot to work with this year and no matter how much talent you think there is wondering the hallways the Smiths cant make them play and frankly I as a coach would'nt go begging for boys to play. Also not sure what talented blood lines WC keeps losing??? If you want to see some talent check out the freshman team. Don't really think you have your facts right...

Not sure who you are referring too...The Middle School had about 5 that starred last year.

Agree. Tylan never played center to my knowledge. He's one of my son's best friends and always will be. Tylan is a good basketball playerand fine young man and I wish he was still here.

As far as a star on last years middle school team, they had Daniels, Reagan, McCulloch, McCorckle, Locke and I probably left some others out.

You have to learn to take criticism and all these players that are told how great they are and are moddlecoddled in the early grades cannot handle the truth that they have to WORK HARD and get better than they were the year before instead of mom and dad saying their All-CTC or All-County son can't handle the pressure. This is true in all sports just as much as basketball. Give me Kyrie Harris, Micheal Thrower, and others playing more than one sport and wanting to play for Warren County and not for their parents sake! Give him(Coach Smith) time because he works harder than any other coach I know! (No offense to Madewell, Holt, Fisher, Upton, etc. basketball only) If the girls can have "rebuilding and youthful players playing" through the years, so can he!!!