SP at TC

purplegoldfan

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of folks are wondering about seating at the TC stadium. I will risk saying that our stadium probably seats more fans than any other 1A (and probably 2A and 3A) school. Please come on to the game Friday night. Tickets will be sold as long as there are fans wanting in. TC folks would love to welcome you in regardless of where you originate. The only problem might be that some of you, based on your posts, aren't ready for classic high school football at its best. Give both teams the credit that is due them. They are rated #1 and #2 in the state. If those ratings are anywhere near correct, how can anyone predict a blowout. My prediction is .........a very close game that will be won in the 4th quarter.

As far as Hartsville cuisine, Mickey D's and the Jackets Nest have been mentioned, but we also have a Mexican restaurant, a Chinese all-you-can-eat buffet, and a locally owned "drive-in" named Choo-Choo's and a Sonic. (Choo-Choo's makes a mean patty melt if you get it with jalepenos!) The others are pretty good too.

Ambassador and King Leon, if you make it to the TC side, I'll be very near the steps going into the pressbox. I'd love to meet you guys.

ONLY 5 MORE DAYS TO WAIT!!!!!!

GO JACKETS!!!

Lots of folks are wondering about seating at the TC stadium. I will risk saying that our stadium probably seats more fans than any other 1A (and probably 2A and 3A) school. Please come on to the game Friday night. Tickets will be sold as long as there are fans wanting in. TC folks would love to welcome you in regardless of where you originate. The only problem might be that some of you, based on your posts, aren't ready for classic high school football at its best. Give both teams the credit that is due them. They are rated #1 and #2 in the state. If those ratings are anywhere near correct, how can anyone predict a blowout. My prediction is .........a very close game that will be won in the 4th quarter.

As far as Hartsville cuisine, Mickey D's and the Jackets Nest have been mentioned, but we also have a Mexican restaurant, a Chinese all-you-can-eat buffet, and a locally owned "drive-in" named Choo-Choo's and a Sonic. (Choo-Choo's makes a mean patty melt if you get it with jalepenos!) The others are pretty good too.

Ambassador and King Leon, if you make it to the TC side, I'll be very near the steps going into the pressbox. I'd love to meet you guys.

ONLY 5 MORE DAYS TO WAIT!!!!!!

GO JACKETS!!!

Your not going to try to throw me or the Ambassador in that creek and drown us are you Purple and Gold Fan. LOL /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I plan on going to eat at that jacket nest place people are talking about. I will look you up though, I will probably venture over there sometime during the game.

whats up yjacket i finally got on here i cant wait until friday plan on getting there early

GO JACKETS

Are the backs used in the spring game against the Pirates still the same?I just thought after seeing the backfield of TC's that I thought it was not 1 of their strong points.Or maybe the backs playing now didn't play this spring.

It is funny how you Friendship and Gordonsville fans think SP just stinks this year. The Pirates don't need anything to fire them up for this game, but dumb comments like this will help even more. They have not been #1 in 1A and the Chattanooga area for nothing this year. Keep on doubting these boys.....they will show you how good they are Friday night. Go Pirates!!!!!!!!

i just have one question....have you even seen TC play this year in person? ive seen both teams play this year and i hate to break it to you but TC is a better team. im not saying SP is bad because we all know that is not the truth so dont think im bashing on your team because yall sure do have some talent.

Are the backs used in the spring game against the Pirates still the same?I just thought after seeing the backfield of TC's that I thought it was not 1 of their strong points.Or maybe the backs playing now didn't play this spring.

I remember Zonepirate saying previously that TC was missing 8-9 starters in that scrimmage. This is not the same team you scrimmaged. I think Zonepirate also said TC playcalling was very "vanilla".

CoachT Poll: 59.7% picking South Pittsburg to win

State Ranking: SP is #1

2007 State Champs: SP

Speed, More Physical, Great Defense, etc.: Based on lots of previous posts, SP has all these advantages over TC.

Unbeaten Winning Streak: SP has won 26 games in a row

Poor TC is the UNDERDOG.

Some of the posts on this thread don't give TC a chance. I just hope we can play a good, competitive game, and MAYBE even pull off an upset. Wouldn't that surprise a lot of people?

I remember Zonepirate saying previously that TC was missing 8-9 starters in that scrimmage. This is not the same team you scrimmaged. I think Zonepirate also said TC playcalling was very "vanilla".

Pretty much the same story from last season.During the spring game maybe 7 starter's where out then also.But different game in the playoffs.Never the less the Pirates took the game still when it mattered most.Should be a great game.Go Pirates!