Henry County and Melrose

Red Dawn

That is a interesting stat. I hope we can change that stat tho. I enjoy reading your post warrior. I don't always agree but you are more level headed than most posters and you see the game like I do.

Be careful there, patriot04, you will become very unpopular if you admit agreement with the dreaded Warrior. It is best to keep that to yourself, unless your skin is as thick as mine. I also hope that HC will break the trend.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look who stopped un MBA anf Franklin--check those two programs out as a comparative--there will be none

Daylily, go to your own thread and talk if you wish!

This thread is about Henry County vs Melrose. We will worry about Hillsboro AFTER our game. Besides ya'll gotta beat Beech first, go worry about them...

Oh, I see the Hillsboro vs. Beech thread is dead, nobody wants to talk about that game, so you have to come over here for a little attention!!!!!!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Look who stopped un MBA anf Franklin--check those two programs out as a comparative--there will be none

Well, I did. And I checked out the other teams that you have played. Who, other than Maplewood, have you beaten? Maplewood was beaten by Beech. I think you should be concerned with Beech instead of whether you can HC's offense.

Henry Co. will go to the Boro, and then face Maryville. But, one game at a time. Going to Orange Mound can be intimidating. I recommend that the fans stay in crowds, and dont bring anything valuable that you have to leave in your car. Westview fans had four or five cars broken into at Oakhaven...inner Memphis. Much was stolen.

But, saying all that....Melrose will give Henry Co. more of a game than they're used to.....

Henry Co. 24

Melrose 7

Volfan007.........we ARE playing at Orange Mound and NOT Oakhaven! As a Patriot fan, I would feel uneasy if Melrose, Fairley, or any other Memphis school compared us to Stewart Co., Camden, or Milan because of our "close proximity." I'm sure Melrose fans feel the same by you linking an insident at Oakhaven to their "extremely hospitable venue" at Orange Mound! Does Oakhaven also offer a buffet line? NO! Be careful about making blanket statements about "what might happen" just because of their geographic location. This isn't our first time to go to Orange Mound. We have never had ANY trouble before so why should this coming Friday be any different? Always keep in mind, no matter how much security we have at home, these actions as you metioned could happen at Patriot Stadium too! Most Patriot fans have traveled to destinations outside of our borders and know how to pack their vehicles accordingly!

Secondly, I talked to our fearless Athletic Director, and he has informed me that the Quarterback Club has 2 charter buses scheduled to carry fans (not wishing to drive or pay to park) to the game in Memphis on Friday! The price "should" be $25 per person to ride. Those wanting to ride MUST sign up at Abbotts Print Shop beginning Monday morning. There are already people on the list to ride but there are 108 seats total. The buses will leave promptly from Patriot Stadium parking lot at 3:00 Friday afternoon. He also said that if the 2nd bus isn't COMPLETELY full by Tuesday afternoon, it will be cancelled. Patriot fans, let's show how Powerful of a 12th man we are and show up in big numbers! Sign up early for the bus. The AD also said that if we could fill both buses, the QB Club would entertain the idea of a 3rd bus!

According to Mr. Poteete, the QB Club takes a chance everytime they charter fan buses! This is not a fundraising event for the club. The price of the seats go directly to the bus price. The Club could do this more often if fans would sign up early instead of waiting to the last minute or worse than that, signing up and then not showing up. For those of us who enjoy riding these buses, do us a favor and fill the buses up early! The more the better!!! You can't drive to Orange Mound and back for $25 or even $50 after you pay to park! Can't wait to see a bus load of Big Red fans Friday afternoon! GO BIG RED!!! BIG RED PWR!!!

Volfan007.........we ARE playing at Orange Mound and NOT Oakhaven! As a Patriot fan, I would feel uneasy if Melrose, Fairley, or any other Memphis school compared us to Stewart Co., Camden, or Milan because of our "close proximity." I'm sure Melrose fans feel the same by you linking an insident at Oakhaven to their "extremely hospitable venue" at Orange Mound! Does Oakhaven also offer a buffet line? NO! Be careful about making blanket statements about "what might happen" just because of their geographic location. This isn't our first time to go to Orange Mound. We have never had ANY trouble before so why should this coming Friday be any different? Always keep in mind, no matter how much security we have at home, these actions as you metioned could happen at Patriot Stadium too! Most Patriot fans have traveled to destinations outside of our borders and know how to pack their vehicles accordingly!

Secondly, I talked to our fearless Athletic Director, and he has informed me that the Quarterback Club has 2 charter buses scheduled to carry fans (not wishing to drive or pay to park) to the game in Memphis on Friday! The price "should" be $25 per person to ride. Those wanting to ride MUST sign up at Abbotts Print Shop beginning Monday morning. There are already people on the list to ride but there are 108 seats total. The buses will leave promptly from Patriot Stadium parking lot at 3:00 Friday afternoon. He also said that if the 2nd bus isn't COMPLETELY full by Tuesday afternoon, it will be cancelled. Patriot fans, let's show how Powerful of a 12th man we are and show up in big numbers! Sign up early for the bus. The AD also said that if we could fill both buses, the QB Club would entertain the idea of a 3rd bus!

According to Mr. Poteete, the QB Club takes a chance everytime they charter fan buses! This is not a fundraising event for the club. The price of the seats go directly to the bus price. The Club could do this more often if fans would sign up early instead of waiting to the last minute or worse than that, signing up and then not showing up. For those of us who enjoy riding these buses, do us a favor and fill the buses up early! The more the better!!! You can't drive to Orange Mound and back for $25 or even $50 after you pay to park! Can't wait to see a bus load of Big Red fans Friday afternoon! GO BIG RED!!! BIG RED PWR!!!

Amen to all of that. This is probably the most important game in HCHS history due to the way the playoffs are playing out and becauseit is the next game in,arguably,the Patriots finest season. We are pretty banged up so the presenceof the Big Red Nation is more important than ever. All of you HCHS posters out there make a commitment to get every fan you know to be there. Car, bus, train plane;it doesn't matter,be there!!! It could go a long way toward allowing us all to reach our dream.

GO BIG RED GO BIG RED NATION

Amen to all of that. This is probably the most important game in HCHS history due to the way the playoffs are playing out and because it is the next game in,arguably,the Patriots finest season. We are pretty banged up so the presence of the Big Red Nation is more important than ever. All of you HCHS posters out there make a commitment to get every fan you know to be there. Car, bus, train plane;it doesn't matter,be there!!! It could go a long way toward allowing us all to reach our dream.

Absolutely! Big Red Nation needs to show up in FORCE! We can and should be as loud as we were in the rain last Friday. Not sure about the rest of you, but I don't want to be outdone by the Orange Mounders. We have consistently been louder and larger than the home crowd for every away game we played this year. This should be no exception. So come on and lets prove that we travel like NO OTHER team in the state!!!

Go Big Red!!!

CAUTION-- Henry County fans: Just in case you have forgotten.....

----------------------------------------------------------------

Ya'll better bring your oxygen tanks and gas masks, 'cause there WILL be a funny smell in the air! Guaranteed! It will take your breath away! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

----------------------------------

Oh, I need to add one other thing: Oxygen tanks and gas masks are OPTIONAL for those HC fans who enjoy "funny" smells!!!!!!!!

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I remember in 1996 when I sat behind Melrose fans when Melrose played Tyner for the 3A Title. I remember that funny smell. All kidding aside I will say this. I like the way Melrose fans get behind their team. Other Memphis teams I watched in football and basketball have nowhere near the fan support Melrose does.

Amen to all of that. This is probably the most important game in HCHS history due to the way the playoffs are playing out and becauseit is the next game in,arguably,the Patriots finest season. We are pretty banged up so the presenceof the Big Red Nation is more important than ever. All of you HCHS posters out there make a commitment to get every fan you know to be there. Car, bus, train plane;it doesn't matter,be there!!! It could go a long way toward allowing us all to reach our dream.

If the charter bus is leaving at three how can high school kids/faculty get on it? Will they be excused or do you think the high school will early release?

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> Oh it will be played if Hillsboro can get past Beech! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> The Pats will make easy pickings of Melrose. especially with their injuries. Pats will revive the running clock early in this one!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> If the weather hadn't been a factor they would have had it vs fairley as well. NOONE CAN CONTAIN MARSALIS TEAGUE!!! He is simply at a different level than anyone in class 4A. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

I will tell you something and you can take it to the bank. Marsalis Teague can be stopped. Its crazy to think that our kids are world beaters. The are only 16 17 and 18 for crying out loud. I agree strongly with you that he is special and makes amazing things happen, but what you have to understand is that it only takes one bad night at this point. I love your enthusiasm, but giving him that kind of target on his back is nothing but hurtful to the young man. We will not see a running clock in this game either. Melrose's defense is too powerful.

I will tell you something and you can take it to the bank. Marsalis Teague can be stopped. Its crazy to think that our kids are world beaters. The are only 16 17 and 18 for crying out loud. I agree strongly with you that he is special and makes amazing things happen, but what you have to understand is that it only takes one bad night at this point. I love your enthusiasm, but giving him that kind of target on his back is nothing but hurtful to the young man. We will not see a running clock in this game either. Melrose's defense is too powerful.

I agree with you on several fronts. First of all ANYONE can be stopped. I assume the poster meant he couldnt be stopped on the ground. There have been a couple of games where he yardage was minimal because the defense was structured to stop him. The problem is that the ONLY way to stop him is to almost totally focus on him. If you do that then Allen and Macferrin will run wild and Marsallis will throw the ball to Mac and Skyler and Tharpe and now Shonte too. I agree that Melrose has a defense that will NEVER see a running clock at least not this season.

Yes melrose has a strong defense. Have they seen an offense like Henry Co. this year avg. over 40ppg.