CASCADE vs JO BYRNS

reddevil36

GAME WINNER  

126 members have voted

1. 1. GAME WINNER

Well atleast you and I agree that you will not hold Cascade to 15 points again. Anyone wanna make a wager on that one lol. JB has a great all around team and Cascade does as well. You dont go 12-0 and 11-1 by fluke chance. JB has a great run game and if they take care of the ball and keep the ball away from Cascade's offense it will be in their favor. Remember though it only took Cascade 41 seconds to score on the last drive of the game and about 2 minutes to answer JB's first score. Should be a great game.

I hope that you realize that post was FULL of sarcasm

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JB's defense is very solid. #34 is a great tackler and also is a threat on offense. #44 is good at safety and he also is a huge threat on offense. Go Red Devils!!

Agreed. From the scores I've seen, I'm thinking that JB has the best all around defense in this half of the quadrant. No idea on Oneida/Greenback/S. Pitt/Trousdale Co. I'm sure they each have their strengths. I think there is only one loss between them. Best thing for Cascade to do is to try to find the weakest link in the JB defense and hit him/them hard. I'd stay away from 5 if I could. He plays and hits hard for a 1A linebacker. He'd be a DE on most teams.

Yeah, all those kids are quality athletes. That's what makes the Final 8 so tough. You don't get nearly as many mismatches. Teams HAVE to be coached up and execute. Quarterbacks won't have as many opportunities to find receivers streaking downfield. They'll have to make quality throws because every score will be huge. Don't expect a shootout in this one.

So, Brandon's last name is Bolt? Not Holt? Talking about No. 34.

No his last name is Holt but I call him Bolt. I merged his first initial with the last part of his name to create the nickname Bolt.

Agreed. From the scores I've seen, I'm thinking that JB has the best all around defense in this half of the quadrant. No idea on Oneida/Greenback/S. Pitt/Trousdale Co. I'm sure they each have their strengths. I think there is only one loss between them. Best thing for Cascade to do is to try to find the weakest link in the JB defense and hit him/them hard. I'd stay away from 5 if I could. He plays and hits hard for a 1A linebacker. He'd be a DE on most teams.

I seen him play this year and last year and he is a hard hitting linebacker. He is something like 6'2 185 thats what i heard, and thats pretty big. I don't know much about South Pitt. but i figure they are good if they are undefeated

I hate to say it because both Cascade and JB are both really good football teams but if Cascade decides to pass I really dont see JB having a chance unless #5 knocks Cascade's QB out of the game and the bad part about that is you have to catch the slippery little guy to do that. McEwen had success passing against JB and we are horrible at it so I could possibly see #9 for Cascade having a 220yard 2 or 3 TD game this week if the line is protecting like they did last week.

I hate to say it because both Cascade and JB are both really good football teams but if Cascade decides to pass I really dont see JB having a chance unless #5 knocks Cascade's QB out of the game and the bad part about that is you have to catch the slippery little guy to do that. McEwen had success passing against JB and we are horrible at it so I could possibly see #9 for Cascade having a 220yard 2 or 3 TD game this week if the line is protecting like they did last week.

This ain't gonna happen!

I gotta think your prediction would weigh pretty heavy on these boards since you shouldn't be terribly biased. I know you're closer and more familiar with the JB folks but you've seen Cascade twice now this season.

Like I said at the start of the season I have no dog in the race this year ( I have no one playing). I'm just a fan I love football. I seen Cascade at Jo Byrns , and Cascade win last Friday. Then saw Jo Byrns at McEwen. Yes I will all ways be a Mactown fan due to of having boys played for them. I can say cascade wins, also say Jo Byrns wins. Both teams beat Mactown and we are out now. I would love to see region 5 playing for that gold ball. I will flip a coin later in the week and then I will pull for the team on friday night, and up out a prediction. /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" /> /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" /> /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" /> /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

Ok, I don't understand that post, but if you'll go to the big ones contest and pick a team in our game, you'll find the percentage matches that pie graph. Evidently people picking the big ones winners are a bit more knowledgeable than the people voting on this thread.. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

No 11, the people voting in the big one poll come from all over the state have no clue about JB or Cascade and simply pick the team with the better record but hey its all good nothing matter but the final score Friday night and it will be 21-14 Jo Byrns wins. Don't think that I haven't told my son all the crap on here about the Devils weak secondary.

Like I said at the start of the season I have no dog in the race this year ( I have no one playing). I'm just a fan I love football. I seen Cascade at Jo Byrns , and Cascade win last Friday. Then saw Jo Byrns at McEwen. Yes I will all ways be a Mactown fan due to of having boys played for them. I can say cascade wins, also say Jo Byrns wins. Both teams beat Mactown and we are out now. I would love to see region 5 playing for that gold ball. I will flip a coin later in the week and then I will pull for the team on friday night, and up out a prediction. /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" /> /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" /> /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" /> /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

I agree with you. My team got put out and now im going for region 5.

BOOO!!! We want a score....we want a score....we want a score

No 11, the people voting in the big one poll come from all over the state have no clue about JB or Cascade and simply pick the team with the better record but hey its all good nothing matter but the final score Friday night and it will be 21-14 Jo Byrns wins. Don't think that I haven't told my son all the crap on here about the Devils weak secondary.

Weak secondary? Who said that? We were just talking about Bolt, KA and Twig being quite formidable against the Champs. I guess whatever it takes to motivate the kiddies.

I appreciate you input. I would think you McEwen folks would have the best handle on how this game will play out considering you've recently played both teams. I agree that if our Line can protect, Carkuff should be the difference in this game. When you get to this point in the season, having a guy who has been behind center for 3 years is a huge asset. It is similar to having excellent guards when you hit the NCAA tournament in March. We've found a couple of new weapons on offense as you guys saw last week in number 5 and 10 so it'll be tough to stop Cascade from at least scoring in the upper 20's to low 30's.

If we protect our QB and eliminate turnovers, Jo Byrns will be forced to play a game they'd rather stay out of and that is a shoot out. There a ball control team and don't like to be in a position of playing catch up. If Cascade ever gets up 2 scores on a team if is normally lights out.