reddevil36

GAME WINNER  

126 members have voted

1. 1. GAME WINNER

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Massey Machine predicts a Cascade win over Jo Byrns 28-27 since the game is at the stable. The score flips when you put it at the dungeon on there. Pretty cool tool:

http://www.highschoolsports.net/defaultcal...amp;division=-1

No doubt Cascade has the home field advantage but if they had 2 go 2 Jo Byrns the Devils would be even more pumped. This will be a close game. I still think JB will come away with the W in this matchup, but it will be a close one.. Go Red Devils

Weak secondary? Who said that? We were just talking about Bolt, KA and Twig being quite formidable against the Champs. I guess whatever it takes to motivate the kiddies.

EXACTLY.....I was thinking the same thing. Obviously a ploy to try and fire her kid up. No one has ever said anything other than complementary about their defense. Like you said, whatever it takes to motivate I guess....LOL........

....and SB, the Big Ones picks are not biased like the large amount of fans that vote on this thread. They look at the entire season, head to head matches, results from common opponents, history, ect... At least that is what I do when picking teams. I haven't done much picking in the play offs, but during the season when I made big ones picks I RESEARCHED my picks, I just didn't vote for the team with the best record... /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

I appreciate you input. I would think you McEwen folks would have the best handle on how this game will play out considering you've recently played both teams. I agree that if our Line can protect, Carkuff should be the difference in this game. When you get to this point in the season, having a guy who has been behind center for 3 years is a huge asset. It is similar to having excellent guards when you hit the NCAA tournament in March. We've found a couple of new weapons on offense as you guys saw last week in number 5 and 10 so it'll be tough to stop Cascade from at least scoring in the upper 20's to low 30's.

If we protect our QB and eliminate turnovers, Jo Byrns will be forced to play a game they'd rather stay out of and that is a shoot out. There a ball control team and don't like to be in a position of playing catch up. If Cascade ever gets up 2 scores on a team if is normally lights out.

I think you and Trey might be calling for a few too many points out of Cascade even if they are playing lights out. That JB defense is for real, no matter how you spin it. The "If we protect our QB and eliminate turnovers" is an absolutely gigantic IF. Any team that does that this Friday should win. Cascade didn't really follow up with either IF last time these two played. By no means am I saying JB is a lock, but to think that they'll score upper 20s or in the 30s is asking quite a bit out of them.

I will say this though, if Cascade gets up by 17 or more any later than midway through quarter two, it's over.

I think you and Trey might be calling for a few too many points out of Cascade even if they are playing lights out. That JB defense is for real, no matter how you spin it. The "If we protect our QB and eliminate turnovers" is an absolutely gigantic IF. Any team that does that this Friday should win. Cascade didn't really follow up with either IF last time these two played. By no means am I saying JB is a lock, but to think that they'll score upper 20s or in the 30s is asking quite a bit out of them.

I will say this though, if Cascade gets up by 17 or more any later than midway through quarter two, it's over.

Maybe so but JB is gonna be ready to play

BOOO!!! We want a score....we want a score....we want a score

Weak secondary? Who said that? We were just talking about Bolt, KA and Twig being quite formidable against the Champs. I guess whatever it takes to motivate the kiddies.

Somewhere way back in the thread someone said something about us having a weak secondary before the posts that complimented the secondary I think that it was said last night but I'm too lazy to go all the way back to find it but trust me its back there.

You may be right, that's what the board is for. Everyone throws their input out there. Trust me, it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong. Just ask my wife, she'll give you a grocery list of times I've been wrong.. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> I just think we are hitting on all cylinders and if the kids stay loose this Friday, I don't see them getting stopped like they were in Cedar Hill.

It looked to me as if we were playing "not to lose" that week more than "trying to win" i.e. "afraid to make mistakes" if we call a similar game this week as we did then, Jo Byrns wins..

Somewhere way back in the thread someone said something about us having a weak secondary before the posts that complimented the secondary I think that it was said last night but I'm too lazy to go all the way back to find it but trust me its back there.

JB's secondary is not weak. #34 and #44 are great back there and they will be ready 2 go Friday

I'll say if either team gets up by 17 at that point, it is over.

Probably one of them Jo Byrns fans with a fake screen name trying to fire you up, 38.....Guess it worked... /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

I believe you then. But whoever said it is misinformed. I'll take my word and C11's word over that person anyways. You don't get a weak secondary when you put athletes like those back there. Much of being a quality corner or safety is getting yourself in position to make a play. If you got skills enough to run a post and take it to the house or split through the A gap and take it the distance or run off tackle 20 straight times, then you've got skill enough to make some plays in the secondary.