Giles County at David Lipscomb-Quarterfinal Match Up

vandy1

Vandy1, Last time GC was at DL you assured us DL was bringing in extra seating from the university. But it was invisible and hard to sit on. Any chance there will be decent seating this time around or do we need to plan on bringing really comfortable shoes for standing the duration of the game?

Now I don't want anyone from Giles to take offense, but I've been to 3 games at their home field this year and they've yet to fill the visitor's side (their home side now, since the other side is condemned).

Granted 1 game was the Page game and it was raining pretty good.

Does Giles just travel better than they attend home games?

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vandy1, Last time GC was at DL you assured us DL was bringing in extra seating from the university. But it was invisible and hard to sit on. Any chance there will be decent seating this time around or do we need to plan on bringing really comfortable shoes for standing the duration of the game?

At times we are at the mercy of Lipscomb University. They must have been using them that night. Some extra bleachers were put in the endzone this past week for the Lexington game. Hopefully, they will leave them down there for the Giles County game. (We need better seating at the Reese Smith Athletic Complex) I believe we have the smallest visitor area with exception of Montgomery Central in the Region and perhaps in all of 3A. The stadium was built in 1982 when the Mustangs were still in Class A...We are also limited in the number of seats in the stadium based on Metro Nashville Codes dealing with parking spaces.

AS per Bulldog's comment about the Lipscomb sideline reporter concerned about what sandwich he was going to get..gives you a good insight that food is a big topic of conversation at any Lipscomb home football game. We had the Tennessean reporters there one night and we graded as the #2 Tailgate destination. The next game, Rudy Kalis came out and partook and reported on the tailgate as well. Food in Lipscomb threads and on the Mustangfanpage Message Boards are acceptable topics of conversation. You should know that by now.

Bulldog: What ever happened to Coach Hard and/or the coach at Greenbrier that used to post on Coacht. I don't know that we heard from him this year.

So... somebody tell me. What will DL change this time around so they can begin resting their starters by half time. I see the DL crowd is already makeing bold predictions.

DL has had personal foul issues all year, Their coaches have not been able to curtail this trend. Its followed them all year and in what promises to be their most challenging game can they control their tempers to the point flags aren't flying all over, when the game is still tight in the fourth quarter.

IMO Giles County does not have the defense to stop DL for 4 quarters. Last game the Rogers kid had 6 carries for something like 160yds.and the quarterback could have thrown for 400. GC slowed the game down by having the ability to read the defense from the quarterback position and run accordingly. DL used 2 safeties for most of the game, i would bet they move 1 up in the box and make Bo throw the football, which has been the weakness of this offense all year.

400 yards? If he coulda.............he woulda.

Bo throwing the ball is a weakness? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

So... somebody tell me. What will DL change this time around so they can begin resting their starters by half time. I see the DL crowd is already makeing bold predictions.

DL has had personal foul issues all year, Their coaches have not been able to curtail this trend. Its followed them all year and in what promises to be their most challenging game can they control their tempers to the point flags aren't flying all over, when the game is still tight in the fourth quarter.

This is a HOME game for Lipscomb.

As for what they will change.....Leaprecons will storm the visitors side at kickoff and play the bagpipes all night.

Maybe Big Country will loan me his BigFoot to keep them scared away. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

seriousley.... I dont think the starters will get any splinters in the rear for this one.I dont think they will

change much on offense but the defense will likely be different.They will key more on the run,and give GC

a better chance at the passing game.They do not want to lose the time of poss. again or they will lose

this time.At the same time GC cant let Rogers carry the Mustangs again.He is the key and everyone

knows it.I would look for wallace and smith to be in the secondary a lot for GC.

GILES AT LIPSCOMB...THIRD ROUND..... BIG GAME....UPSET IS IN THE AIR

DL...24

GC..27 /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

400 yards? If he coulda.............he woulda.

Bo throwing the ball is a weakness? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

GC controlled the clock and kept Lipscombs offense off the field. When they were on the field GC had a difficult time stopping them especially in the air. So you dont think they through the ball at will. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> maybe we were watching a different game. What I meant by weakness of the offense is not that Bo cant throw the football, heck he can throw it 70 yards, its our ability to run after catch. We just dont have the speed to break the big one when a game like this is usually won by 1 or 2 big plays.

The DL starters will play the whole game. I havent seen anyone predict them getting any rest. Giles has proven to Lipscomb that they are the team to beat. I think Giles feels the same way about the Mustangs. These are arguably the best 2 teams in 3A this year and i think this is going to be a thriller till the clock stikes 0 in the 4th quarter.

Obviously "We didn't NEED the band anyway". They won't score a single point friday night. But the atmosphere of the last game played in that stadium as we know it would have surely been greater with them there till the end.

On to the game, If Giles can stay with DL the way they did last time, Its possible we could see the unravelling of the stangs. They became quite an unruley team at the last meeting. Most officiating teams would have thrown multiple flags on them. The pressure seemed to have a much greater effect on the stangs then, with not nearly as much is on the line as will be friday night. They aren't accustomed to playing a tight game and it really showed. No denying they are deep in talent, this game may very well be decided by which team is deeper in character.

excuse me....the Mustangs became unruley? What game were you watching? Giles Co players being specifically told to "take out" Lipscomb players by their coaches. A coach in the presbox yelling "Yes, We hurt Him" when Rogers went down. That coach later had to apologize. We still drove the ball right down the field without him and scored.

Giles Co won't be able to stop Lipscomb. I predicted 42-6 last week and this week I say Lipscomb 28 Giles Co 6.

you can't stop rogers, you can only hope to contain him.

#44 for lipscomb is the primary hot head, but he is also a pretty good football player.

bo will need to play more defense to help slow the mustangs down.

the strength of the bobcats this year is in their offensive line. motts, timms, bass, dienye, strickland, norwood, and christopher need to impose their will on the always tough mustand defense.

let's go bobcats!