Giles County at David Lipscomb-Quarterfinal Match Up

vandy1

The bobcats have broken some streaks like scoring in the fisrt qt. /1st half or holding DL to under or no points

in a qtr. or half , DL trailing in a game, ect.just some small things but these are things others had not done against DL.I will have to dig up some stats for this but will do so if you wish.Vandy1 may know more on this than I do.

Lipscomb trailed Stratford early in the game during week 2

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is going to be a real tough one for giles co. to win.glad to see we get another shot at them.maybe giles co.'s band will stay at home this time so we will have more room.the band really disrespected the football team last night by leaving right in the middle of the ballgame. raining or not they knew the weather forecast before they came so they can't use the weather as an excuse.maybe this game will be as exciting as the last.hoping for a bobcat victory.

Ok, I usually just read these messages for entertainment, but...as a football parent and a band parent I have to say something. Those instruments are very expensive and some are not waterproof, I didn't find it disrespectful that the band decided to pack it up. What I found disrespectful throughout the whole season is we seem to have the deadest crowds possible. I know we had more fans than the visiting teams each night we played at home, but listening to the little crowds across the field put ours to shame, now that's disrespecting our football players. Each game those boys are working their butts off to win a game and most of our fans are sitting on their butts doing nothing. When those boys start out on that field we should all be standing and cheering for them. When they start raising their arms at the crowd, that means they want to hear some noise. Maybe this time at DL our crowd will do better. Not saying that you aren't one of the ones hollaring and cheering the team on, but maybe some of those other dead heads will read this. Go Bobcats, show 'em you can do this!

Lipscomb trailed Stratford early in the game during week 2

You are correct,I am looking back as far as the o5 season,if you will look at the games over the years you

will see I am correct also.The examples I gave were not nescesairily pertaining to this year alone.

Just thought it was interesting. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I don't have a dog in this hunt but I am a region 5-3a fan and have seen these teams for yrs.

I may be wrong but this might be as deep as Giles has ever been in the playoffs...so I know they are hungry.

DL has been "there" many times.

I know both teams have been dying to play each other again. I listened to part of the DL-Lex game and even the broadcast team was sort of wanting to play Giles again.

I will predict that this game will not be like the other game was. I don't know who might win at this point, but I feel that DL's strategy will be much different. Listen to me when I say they will put more pressure on Bo in many ways and Tobias may still get his yards. I also think that the GC staff will put in a few wrinkles.

I doubt that the DL line will get pushed around as much again. I also doubt that DL can afford to only have the ball as few times as before and expect to win. I also doubt that GC can expect to win if they dominate the clock but give up big plays or quick scores

As much as has been said about that "hit"......I look for Rogers to be a key

Also.....remember whenever you make mistakes ...who pays.

Vandy1 has arranged for the same officiating crew that includes his uncle and brother-in-law.......or something like that

This should be a sellout. I'll be there or due to another commitment will be at the Franklin-Brentwood game

I don't have a dog in this hunt but I am a region 5-3a fan and have seen these teams for yrs.

I may be wrong but this might be as deep as Giles has ever been in the playoffs...so I know they are hungry.

DL has been "there" many times.

I know both teams have been dying to play each other again. I listened to part of the DL-Lex game and even the broadcast team was sort of wanting to play Giles again.

I will predict that this game will not be like the other game was. I don't know who might win at this point, but I feel that DL's strategy will be much different. Listen to me when I say they will put more pressure on Bo in many ways and Tobias may still get his yards. I also think that the GC staff will put in a few wrinkles.

I doubt that the DL line will get pushed around as much again. I also doubt that DL can afford to only have the ball as few times as before and expect to win. I also doubt that GC can expect to win if they dominate the clock but give up big plays or quick scores

As much as has been said about that "hit"......I look for Rogers to be a key

Also.....remember whenever you make mistakes ...who pays.

Vandy1 has arranged for the same officiating crew that includes his uncle and brother-in-law.......or something like that

This should be a sellout. I'll be there or due to another commitment will be at the Franklin-Brentwood game

2006 Giles went to round 3 and lost to Lipscomb.

Ok, I usually just read these messages for entertainment, but...as a football parent and a band parent I have to say something. Those instruments are very expensive and some are not waterproof, I didn't find it disrespectful that the band decided to pack it up.

I was there. The band leaving was EXTREEMLY DISRESPECTFUL!!!!!

Yeah, I was there too, and I still say if the crowd we had would've got up off of their behinds and made a little noise we wouldn't have needed the band anyway. Page didn't have a band and we could hear their little crowd all the way across the field. All I hear from my player after a game is how disappointing our crowds are. So, if you're reading this and you are one of those "dead heads" show up next friday and make some noise. We need to show our boys that we have faith in them and support them. They love it when the crowd gets behind them. Go Bobcats! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I do not think the band was being disrespectful the instruments they play are expensive and their uniforms have to be dry cleaned and I wouldn't want either out in the rain myself. My son plays football and I agree if the fans would do the cheering we wouldn't need the band. the boys were a little disappointed that they were not there to play the Alma mater but the boys sang it anyway.

I do not see either team winning by more than a touchdown. This game was close the first go round and I think it will be tougher this time. Lipscomb took Giles chance away in the 3rd round in 2006 don't see it happening again this year. I see Giles taking this game.

I do not think the band was being disrespectful the instruments they play are expensive and their uniforms have to be dry cleaned and I wouldn't want either out in the rain myself. My son plays football and I agree if the fans would do the cheering we wouldn't need the band. the boys were a little disappointed that they were not there to play the Alma mater but the boys sang it anyway.

I do not see either team winning by more than a touchdown. This game was close the first go round and I think it will be tougher this time. Lipscomb took Giles chance away in the 3rd round in 2006 don't see it happening again this year. I see Giles taking this game.

Giles by two TD's

I smell upset

Ok, I usually just read these messages for entertainment, but...as a football parent and a band parent I have to say something. Those instruments are very expensive and some are not waterproof, I didn't find it disrespectful that the band decided to pack it up. What I found disrespectful throughout the whole season is we seem to have the deadest crowds possible. I know we had more fans than the visiting teams each night we played at home, but listening to the little crowds across the field put ours to shame, now that's disrespecting our football players. Each game those boys are working their butts off to win a game and most of our fans are sitting on their butts doing nothing. When those boys start out on that field we should all be standing and cheering for them. When they start raising their arms at the crowd, that means they want to hear some noise. Maybe this time at DL our crowd will do better. Not saying that you aren't one of the ones hollaring and cheering the team on, but maybe some of those other dead heads will read this. Go Bobcats, show 'em you can do this!

i agree the crowd has been dead.alot of people and kids come to the game just to be seen or just to walk the track or start stuff and get arrested.as for the band i relize their instruments are not water proof and their uniforms are extremely expensive BUT it was rainning before the game and the forecast was for rain.i guess the one thing that got me was the football team had to sing the alma mater without the band.it didn't seem the same without the band.i love the band and i think they do super job especially when they break out playing rocky top if i didn' know any better i would think i was at neyland stadium but i open my eyes and see that our football team is winning.