Giles County at David Lipscomb-Quarterfinal Match Up

vandy1

The Bomb Squad was the one Coacht poster with many alias that could blow up a thread. After he got finished with you, you would want to go and turn off the lights and sit in the corner of the room. Even the Leprachaun would leave when Bomb Squad entered the forum. It was usually a one-two punch with Eddie Haskell as his tag team partner. I think Bomb Squad and Haskell graduated in 2004.

They hit people??????!!!!!!!!or cuss people out????!!!!!!! or what????!!!!(I thought you couldn't do that on Coach t?

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of good banter going on here. Going to be a great game regardless of the outcome. David Lipscomb is ???Da Man???. You want to be ???Da Man???, you got to beat ???Da Man???. Period. State champions, undefeated in district play, tradition, great coaching staff, and fans. Until the game clock stops on zero at the end of the 4th and DL's score is one less than the opponent, then they can swagger, verbally assault you, smile and laugh at your excuses for coming up short. DL does not have better players, advanced skill levels, or magic potions for winning. They want it more deep inside. They expect to win. They refuse to give up. They play as a team. Shut one down another steps up. Their intensity level never fades from start to end. Spin it, toss it, tumble it, turn it around. End result is the same.

You want to change it. First stop with the excuses. Lipscomb does not play any more dirty than any of the other teams including ours. I hope to heck the game officials keep the laundry in their pockets and let the young men play Friday night. Lets hope we see a lot of emotions flaring. After all, its for all the marbles.

I like our chances Friday night. Coach O'Conner has slowly built the GC program to respect. About midway through the season I began to notice different players step up. The players on the sidelines got loud. They came together as a team. No longer was it about a couple of players with exceptional athletic abilities. Different players stepped up and made plays. A chain is only as strong as its weakest link. Right now our weakest link is pretty dang strong. Our team has learned to play hard every play. Smash mouth. No fear. This bunch will put a hat on you. The receivers from Page took some shots Friday night that rocked them. Thats the one thing that has continued to get better the last four games.

Friday's game will come down to defense. DEFENSE wins championships. Look for the side line to be electric. You are going to hear some licks in the stands. Giles County now wants it deep inside. They refuse to give up. They play as a team. They step up. They won't quit. ???Da Man??? is finally within their reach. Attitude alert!!!! We now Expect to win. Thats powerful!

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Lots of good banter going on here. Going to be a great game regardless of the outcome. David Lipscomb is ???Da Man???. You want to be ???Da Man???, you got to beat ???Da Man???. Period. State champions, undefeated in district play, tradition, great coaching staff, and fans. Until the game clock stops on zero at the end of the 4th and DL's score is one less than the opponent, then they can swagger, verbally assault you, smile and laugh at your excuses for coming up short. DL does not have better players, advanced skill levels, or magic potions for winning. They want it more deep inside. They expect to win. They refuse to give up. They play as a team. Shut one down another steps up. Their intensity level never fades from start to end. Spin it, toss it, tumble it, turn it around. End result is the same.

You want to change it. First stop with the excuses. Lipscomb does not play any more dirty than any of the other teams including ours. I hope to heck the game officials keep the laundry in their pockets and let the young men play Friday night. Lets hope we see a lot of emotions flaring. After all, its for all the marbles.

I like our chances Friday night. Coach O'Conner has slowly built the GC program to respect. About midway through the season I began to notice different players step up. The players on the sidelines got loud. They came together as a team. No longer was it about a couple of players with exceptional athletic abilities. Different players stepped up and made plays. A chain is only as strong as its weakest link. Right now our weakest link is pretty dang strong. Our team has learned to play hard every play. Smash mouth. No fear. This bunch will put a hat on you. The receivers from Page took some shots Friday night that rocked them. Thats the one thing that has continued to get better the last four games.

Friday's game will come down to defense. DEFENSE wins championships. Look for the side line to be electric. You are going to hear some licks in the stands. Giles County now wants it deep inside. They refuse to give up. They play as a team. They step up. They won't quit. ???Da Man??? is finally within their reach. Attitude alert!!!! We now Expect to win. Thats powerful!

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

very good quote my friend

Awesome, nothing more need be said! You are wise.

Lipscomb 35

Giles 3

Why,..........does he owe you money???

I know who he is and what he plays,but I dont know you.........so....more info needed.

Naw man i'm just a very good friend of josh, he was like my best friend haven't been able to talk to him in like 2 month, I go by 300, just tell him that 300 is looking for him, and ask him if he'll allow u to give me his cell #, Nah man i'v never know josh to be the kind to owe somebody money, he kinda saved me from a fight a while back

Wise Old GilesMan is very wise indeed!

Obviously no relation to the "rage" and I mean that in the nicest way possible

I watched practice at both places today and will be coming out with my prediction sometime tomorrow or something to that effect.

Did I see vandy1 at the GC practice?......no it couldn't have been.....or was that the "rage" hiding out at the DL locker room........no I guess not.....must be delirious

It seems not much has changed around Coach T since I last visited. My former alias no longer applies so I have modified it to fit the circumstances. Honestly, I have yet to figure out the classifications for next season so I may have another alias change if I return next year. With many familiar posters (Eddie Haskell, bulldog, Vandy1), memories of legendary Coach T threads linger in the air. The common names mixed with the young guns such as "AlltheRage" reminds me of a time nearly 5 years ago. A poster by the name of "JettJuice" challenged BombSquad and crew to an ultimate Coach T battle. With '03 DLHS vs Houston Co. Round 2 Playoff Game the topic, JettJuice (a player for HC) predicted a win over DL while throwing out other numerous attacks at the DL players, coaches, and fan base. The thread turned quite hilarious and even warranted some DL students greeting JettJuice as he walked on to the field.

To make the long events and thread of that week short, JettJuice ran his mouth while his team ran itself it to a 42-0 halftime deficit. While JettJuice is unlikely to make an appearance in this thread, BombSquad is unlikely to sit by and watch the old Alma Mater's coaches and character be challenged.

The hissing noise you hear just might be the sound of the fuse starting to burn...

It seems not much has changed around Coach T since I last visited. My former alias no longer applies so I have modified it to fit the circumstances. Honestly, I have yet to figure out the classifications for next season so I may have another alias change if I return next year. With many familiar posters (Eddie Haskell, bulldog, Vandy1), memories of legendary Coach T threads linger in the air. The common names mixed with the young guns such as "AlltheRage" reminds me of a time nearly 5 years ago. A poster by the name of "JettJuice" challenged BombSquad and crew to an ultimate Coach T battle. With '03 DLHS vs Houston Co. Round 2 Playoff Game the topic, JettJuice (a player for HC) predicted a win over DL while throwing out other numerous attacks at the DL players, coaches, and fan base. The thread turned quite hilarious and even warranted some DL students greeting JettJuice as he walked on to the field.

To make the long events and thread of that week short, JettJuice ran his mouth while his team ran itself it to a 42-0 halftime deficit. While JettJuice is unlikely to make an appearance in this thread, BombSquad is unlikely to sit by and watch the old Alma Mater's coaches and character be challenged.

The hissing noise you hear just might be the sound of the fuse starting to burn...

Oh how you have mellowed in your old age. You are like Robin Williams in Captain Hook...He had to be reminded that he was Peter Pan. Think hard and try to remember...Bomb Squad! Then proclaim as in the Broadway Show....I am Juan Don Quiote, the Lord Of LaMancha

Bomb squad, bomb squad, bomb squad.........Hope it works. Bring the big bad old boy on. (Or girl?)

Ironic...Well it took me a while to dust the old legacy off once I got word of you young fellas on here calling the old man out. Reading over most of the thread and skimming the rest, I have just have a few thoughts. Go get a sandwich and some chips because this might be the longest thing I have ever typed on here. Take an intermission after point number two. Some of you may need that time to go find a dictionary??¦

1. If you're going to put a motivational speech on a message board, take a moment to consider that, contrary to popular belief, players don't actually get motivated by a speech on a message board. So, next time, give those of us who don't play the game the annotated version and give yourself 10 extra minutes until you get carpal tunnel.

2. Ahapplet, the Bomb Squad was a synergistic being that overwhelmed the intellect of those who opposed it. BombSquad, however, is just one CoachT alias that, once upon a time, riled up a local or two??¦ not unlike yourself.

3. Reading the loving words from both DL friends and foes about BombSquad made me shed one tear less than any 3rd grade English teacher would shed if he or she read about alltherage makeing bold predictions about the Mustangs certianly loosing a game while Sping Hill looked on.

4. While I will not get on here and claim I used one username and one username only, neither will I type idly by and let the ability of other posters be brushed aside under the belief that all witty comments come from me. There are many capable posters, some of whom were not even a part of the inaugural tour.

5. Finally??¦ Bad form, Smee. What is to be gained by calling kids out in a public forum? Let me assure you that whoever you are vicariously living the athletic dream through does not speak for a vast majority of people who have come in contact with the Lipscomb program in any way. The Lipscomb coaches and players have an expectation of each other and themselves to maintain character. Brace yourself??¦ high school kids aren??™t perfect. Don??™t let a single incident shape your opinion of an entire tradition.

Time for my prune juice and Geritol before bed...