Giles County at David Lipscomb-Quarterfinal Match Up

vandy1

Ironic...Well it took me a while to dust the old legacy off once I got word of you young fellas on here calling the old man out. Reading over most of the thread and skimming the rest, I have just have a few thoughts. Go get a sandwich and some chips because this might be the longest thing I have ever typed on here. Take an intermission after point number two. Some of you may need that time to go find a dictionary??¦

1. If you're going to put a motivational speech on a message board, take a moment to consider that, contrary to popular belief, players don't actually get motivated by a speech on a message board. So, next time, give those of us who don't play the game the annotated version and give yourself 10 extra minutes until you get carpal tunnel.

2. Ahapplet, the Bomb Squad was a synergistic being that overwhelmed the intellect of those who opposed it. BombSquad, however, is just one CoachT alias that, once upon a time, riled up a local or two??¦ not unlike yourself.

3. Reading the loving words from both DL friends and foes about BombSquad made me shed one tear less than any 3rd grade English teacher would shed if he or she read about alltherage makeing bold predictions about the Mustangs certianly loosing a game while Sping Hill looked on.

4. While I will not get on here and claim I used one username and one username only, neither will I type idly by and let the ability of other posters be brushed aside under the belief that all witty comments come from me. There are many capable posters, some of whom were not even a part of the inaugural tour.

5. Finally??¦ Bad form, Smee. What is to be gained by calling kids out in a public forum? Let me assure you that whoever you are vicariously living the athletic dream through does not speak for a vast majority of people who have come in contact with the Lipscomb program in any way. The Lipscomb coaches and players have an expectation of each other and themselves to maintain character. Brace yourself??¦ high school kids aren??™t perfect. Don??™t let a single incident shape your opinion of an entire tradition.

Time for my prune juice and Geritol before bed...

Oh yeah you bad, big boy, write on and keep it coming. I love good writers and your post helps me to appreciate the DL tradition more than ever. I am all ready scared and nervous about your next post. "Bad form, inaugural tours, vicariously" are wonderfully descriptive and I am totally impressed. No, no, no don't take the Geritol and go to bed now. I am begging for more of your wit and let me assure you that I am not riled. Bless your heart, Bombsquad, you are precious.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah you bad, big boy, write on and keep it coming. I love good writers and your post helps me to appreciate the DL tradition more than ever. I am all ready scared and nervous about your next post. "Bad form, inaugural tours, vicariously" are wonderfully descriptive and I am totally impressed. No, no, no don't take the Geritol and go to bed now. I am begging for more of your wit and let me assure you that I am not riled. Bless your heart, Bombsquad, you are precious.

FYI bombsquad is vandy1, see everyone knows whom vandy one is(he tries to stay respectable) I can even point him out to you at a DL game. when the frustration in him builds he posts as bomb.Its his way of talking trashtalking and not taking responsibility for it. Its quite nice to watch him talk to himself.

FYI bombsquad is vandy1, see everyone knows whom vandy one is(he tries to stay respectable) I can even point him out to you at a DL game. when the frustration in him builds he posts as bomb.Its his way of talking trashtalking and not taking responsibility for it. Its quite nice to watch him talk to himself.

You have got to be kidding, rage. I am so disappointed if this is true. Bombsquad seemed so fearsome, but you are saying he is just one of several multiple personalities? Tell us the truth, Vandy1. Are you Bombsquad?

You have got to be kidding, rage. I am so disappointed if this is true. Bombsquad seemed so fearsome, but you are saying he is just one of several multiple personalities? Tell us the truth, Vandy1. Are you Bombsquad?

My Friend, I am no Bomb Squad. I am old enough to be his father. (LUUUUUKE!) Matter of fact, I have two sons older than he is. I watched Bomb Squad play football. Yes, the rage could find me at the Lipscomb game, as you could as well. You only have to view my profile. As a matter of fact, I was very easy to find and have met many posters from CoachT as far away as Dyersburg to the west and folks from Fulton. I've got no secrets here. I am the creator and former webmaster of The Mustangfanpage and advisor to many other HS Football sites around the state. So my good friend, you are way off. Still looking to meet Bulldog69. I also have an alias....and he has only one post on Coacht. He only appeared in a thread in Class 1A.

ahapplett,

Sorry, I am somewhat new to this 3A scene. Who are you a fan of?

BombSquad, I couldn't have said it better myself. Bulletin board material is the most overrated topic in the sports world. The players decide the game between the lines. No fan or "AlltheRage" will decide this game on a message board. However, I'm not sure why "AlltheRage" wants to battle on here rather than the field anyways because the 15 yard personal foul penalties that he is banking on to win the game most likely won't be thrown on CoachT. Although, I have witnessed some thread locks in my day.

"No, I will not make out with you." - Billy Madison, 9th grade.

While I try to wade through the sarcasm, I can't help but feel a little uncomfortable by your attraction to me... I know I haven't been around in a while, but the CoachT I left was a site for high school sports. Now it seems I have walked right into one of those "To Catch a Predator" traps... ahapplet... or should I say Chris Hansen... you're barking up the wrong tree. I'm just here for the sports and elementary banter.

Well I miss the "Football" posts by real GC fans and not the additions from "ahapless" and "alltherash"....who I think are twin brothers or at least kissing cousins. C'mon guys...if that is the best you can do the Bomb won't hang around and Eddie will leave too.

vandy1 and I have met a while ago....he just didn't know it was the Bulldog......I had the thought of a hit coming my way

I am still PO'd that Jackie Smith did not coach last week

This thread is somewhat random so my post will be as well. To answer one question I played football in the 2000's. Also I never played the bagpipes. Furthermore the Bombsquad is not just one person with many names. The bombsquad is a collection of posters that unite when a thread is interesting. I am glad to see Haskell is back but I want the whole squad back on the boards. It is to much fun at least one post from all the classic members. Haskell call em email them let them know their presence is being requested. Also in my opinion on both sides I think it would be better to stay away from playboy as well as talking negatively about players and calling them out by numbers. Also Rogers will not feel as though he has to do anything personelly. He is to level headed for that. He knows that all he has to do is what he does everyweek and that is play his game. Kyle Lehning who is one of the most underrated football players in Lipscomb history will be a key component on Friday. Even if you can catch Rogers the stangs still have other options. Coach Mac knows the way and I know the mustangs have bought into the fact that it is harder to remain a champion than becoming one. So do not think that Giles is hungrier than DL. Again as I said in my first post Friday will be a WAR and in my book the mustangs will prevail.

we all know its goings to be another region 5 3a battle. lipscombs knows after last time they are going to try to stop giles co.'s offense and giles co. knows they going to have to at least slow down lipscombs offense.if giles co. can eliminate mistakes and at least take away lipscombs threat of the big plays they have a shot.and tackle, page had to many yards after contact.

I think the weather had a little to do with the fact Page was able to gain yards after contact- ever heard the saying slippery when wet? Yes GC should have tackled better but when you factor in weather you had a whole different kind of ballgame it also didn't help that Page is a pretty good team.

GC also has several weapons that DL must stop. GC wants this win bad, they come up 3 points short the first go round. GC has lost 7 games in the last three years with 4 of those loses coming from DL. They will give their all come friday night.

I did not say that they passed all over us! I said they could have in my opinion but they didnt need to, but when they wanted to it was there. I didnt say the passing game lost that game either! go back and read the initial statement! just maybe you should take up volleyball

H-Ha!

Funny little boy,you are correct in what you didnt say,you said they could have passed for 400 yards,we agree on this.

I said if they coulda they woulda,and they didnt.Volley ball..............hmmmm.......maybe I will, I do have a good

vertical.You never answered my question.........are you a GC reciever....maybe on the bench too much?