Giles County at David Lipscomb-Quarterfinal Match Up

vandy1

Come on guys. Let's talk some football. It's time to get down to some serious X's and O's. I'll start it off.

We've covered the art of long-snapping. Who has the advantage at that position on Friday Night?

I can't speak for Giles, but I know Lip-scumb has a storried tradition of long-snappers. They have recruited a few of my boys over the years. Seems to me the problem they seems to have is dropping the snaps once they get there. If my mind serves me correctly a dropped snap cost them a state championship against Huntington not too many years back. I believe coach Mac told me that boy was wearing gloves and thats what caused the drop.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't speak for Giles, but I know Lip-scumb has a storried tradition of long-snappers. They have recruited a few of my boys over the years. Seems to me the problem they seems to have is dropping the snaps once they get there. If my mind serves me correctly a dropped snap cost them a state championship against Huntington not too many years back. I believe coach Mac told me that boy was wearing gloves and thats what caused the drop.

Now that's what I call some football talk. Bombsquad told me that I don't know much about football, but I believe WestTN could teach us all something. Please keep it coming.....

Eddie Haskell,

What do you think would happen if we got the band back together and really cut loose on Coach T message boards? Me, you, jetjuice, et al. The wrath of sarcasm, satire and hyperbole would shut down the site. Man, those were the good old days. They should do an A & E Biography on those years.

I've been gone too long. Have things changed much over there at Donald Lipscomb on Granny Wyatt Pike?

Does Taylor Madison still play DB for Lipscomb? He was a great kicker, too.

Does Josh Greene still coach there? He was a great QB coach.

Does that one guy, Simon Turner, still play the accordian during halftime at the Lipscomb games? My favorite is when he played We Are Family by Earth, Wind and Fire.

Does Tom Taylor still have huge calves due to the fact that he mows the entire game field with a push mower while wearing Strength Shoes?

Is Coach McAdam still obsessed with all things Irish? He used to love playing tennis, too.

Does Coach Tilghman still run marathons?

Is Coach Stuart still grading research papers?

Is Jonathan Shaub a senior this year?

So many questions . . . so little time.

Eddie Haskell,

What do you think would happen if we got the band back together and really cut loose on Coach T message boards? Me, you, jetjuice, et al. The wrath of sarcasm, satire and hyperbole would shut down the site. Man, those were the good old days. They should do an A & E Biography on those years.

I've been gone too long. Have things changed much over there at Donald Lipscomb on Granny Wyatt Pike?

Does Taylor Madison still play DB for Lipscomb? He was a great kicker, too.

Does Josh Greene still coach there? He was a great QB coach.

Does that one guy, Simon Turner, still play the accordian during halftime at the Lipscomb games? My favorite is when he played We Are Family by Earth, Wind and Fire.

Does Tom Taylor still have huge calves due to the fact that he mows the entire game field with a push mower while wearing Strength Shoes?

Is Coach McAdam still obsessed with all things Irish? He used to love playing tennis, too.

Does Coach Tilghman still run marathons?

Is Coach Stuart still grading research papers?

Is Jonathan Shaub a senior this year?

So many questions . . . so little time.

Well trapped, with Thanksgiving break fast approaching, what better time to gather together and post on Coacht together. I once heard about a bunch of losers who spent Thanksgiving day making up crazy things to post on Coacht.... can you imagine what a life those people lead?

To answer your questions: yesyesyesnonoyesnonnonoyesyesnonoyesyesnonononoyes

One more question though... what exactly are you trapped in?

One final observation for the day. Historically speaking, football games tend to be directly correlated to the number of coacht posts. While the beginning of this week was fairly even, it is quite obvious that lipscomb athletic supporters are outposting the giles county faithful. If the trend continues, Coach thundercalves will be calling the plays in the fourth quarter friday

The Lipscomb Longsnapper Legacy may very well have started with the Silver Bullet himself... According to popular music of the time -- Bumpa2Bumpa -- all his pants were brown.

david lipscomb will be well prepared this time and beat giles county as badly as they want. giles was challenged by mcnairy for 3 quarters and by page throughout the game each of the last two weeks. david lipscomb will go 4 for 4 years against region 5 once this one goes final friday night!

Aren't you the same one who on another thread said that a more realistic goal for GC was to just make it into the playoffs-well here they are in the third round. Talk is talk-we will all know tomorrow night. Go BOBCATS!

WestTNLongSnapper,

I have suspicions about your affiliation with EastTNFootballExpert who once upon a time predicted some Tyner blowouts over the Mustangs. Which also reminds me of the battles the "Expert" had with TwittyCanes. Twitty ever come around these parts anymore?

EastTNFootballExpert pulled one of the greatest stunts of all time on this board. I have to give him props for that one. His shenigans were as explosive as fireworks on the 4th of July. Titan Fireworks, that is.

Well trapped, with Thanksgiving break fast approaching, what better time to gather together and post on Coacht together. I once heard about a bunch of losers who spent Thanksgiving day making up crazy things to post on Coacht.... can you imagine what a life those people lead?

To answer your questions: yesyesyesnonoyesnonnonoyesyesnonoyesyesnonononoyes

One more question though... what exactly are you trapped in?

Some people are just born losers. Glad I'm not one of them. By the way, have you seen the new comic book for Star Wars: Attack of the Clones? It's good, but nearly as good as Star Trek, Season 4, Episode 9. Shatner is a GOD (but I don't mean that in a sacreligious way).

Thanks for answering my questions. If you ever see Coach Tom Tyler please tell him I said hello. Tell his calves, too.

Trapped in a quagmire is what I am.

WestTNLongSnapper,

I have suspicions about your affiliation with EastTNFootballExpert who once upon a time predicted some Tyner blowouts over the Mustangs. Which also reminds me of the battles the "Expert" had with TwittyCanes. Twitty ever come around these parts anymore?

Actually there is no relation between myself and EastTNFootballExpert. Maybe a map could help you figure that one out. Just a thought. Rumor has it Zach Rogers is still feeling the hit from the last time these two met and will be limited in the game. Can I get any confirmation from a DL fan??