Giles County at David Lipscomb-Quarterfinal Match Up

vandy1

Head Coach been at the school for 26 years.

Assistant Coaches who have been at the school for over 20 years.

I will say this is one of the biggest advantages that someone has pointed out about DL. Coaches don't usually stay that long in public schools. Public schools are at the mercy of taxpayers and what school boards can or will allow for these positions to be paid-so when a public school has a chance to get a really good coach he usually doesn't stay long he sees greener pastures elsewhere.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too late there mackattack, I all ready wasted your time, because you obviously took the time to reply to me. I felt pretty good in my overalls and red union suit. How did you weather the cold in your little purple plaid skirt and neat little polo shirt with the Lip scum logo displayed on it? How did you know I had on overalls? Oh and how did you know about the red union suit. Quit that peeping now.

"Lip-scum." "Lip-scum?" /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Oh, my ahapless, you really are quite the witty one, aren't you? And SO orignial. I bet the DL folks have NEVER, EVER heard that one before. How long after your team choked did it take you to think that one up? Maybe it was as you got back closer to home and realized, once again, basketball season is starting early for bobkitties?

And why, oh you of limited reasoning ability, would you assume I wear the purple and gold of the Lipscombites? Isn't it just possible that retarded comments like yours over the last few weeks bring out "admirers" from all different schools? Remember my "in-over-his-head-along-with-his-team" friend, when you ASSUME, it confirms to the rest of the world that you are the burro you are suspected to be.

I'll attempt to bring it down to your level: in the words of the caveman on the GEICO commercial - perhaps you should check out the..... SCORE BOARD.

Have a nice Thanksgiving. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

We might as well cut or copy and then paste this comment in every thread when Lipscomb is playing. On the Rogers, remember both their mom and dad attended Lipscomb and played sports. In the 2006 Media Guilde had a picture of their mom in her basketball uniform. Jonathan Shaub's dad was a tremendous player at Lipscomb High back in the early 70's. A few other D1 Players include Bob Major (1973 to Murray), Kevin Doak (1974 Memphis State), Jay Williams (Tennessee 1976) And their have been others who walked on at schools like Alabama, Penn State, Tennessee, MTSU, Tennessee Tech, Ole Miss, Austin Peay, Cumberland, Lambuth, Mt. Union and many other places....just like other public and private schools. Didn't Pearl Cohn last year have about 12 guys off that one squad that went on to play somewhere? In one year schools like Riverdale, Alcoa, Pearl Cohn have more people to sign than Lipscomb has had in 10 years. Sorry everybody..its the system and I will repeat one more time as well:

Head Coach been at the school for 26 years.

Assistant Coaches who have been at the school for over 20 years.

Players and their parents committed to off season workouts

A middle school program that run your calls. (There is no playbook at Lipscomb)

A freshman team who plays a separate schedule that run your calls

A JV team

Having nearly 25% of all your campus males playing football.

They do all of this with less than 30% of most public school football budgets.

I agree with what you say except the "budget" thing.

And what budget would that be?

I can't speak for every county funded public school, but in my county sports get no funding for sports and that includes football. Read Again. $0 for sports. Nilch. Notta. And I'll bet you a dollar to a doughnut that's the way it is at most TN public school systems.

Our football team's budget is based solely on receipts from ticket sales at games and from whatever the boosters can raise. At my particular school we don't have any parents and/or boosters that could sit down and write a big check. No surgeons, doctors, lawyers, CPAs etc. I think you get the point.

Then some of this money from football ticket sales is shared with the other sports teams at the school.

So let's look at our budget:

On a really good night we might 500 fans x $6 per = $3000 per game x 5 home games = $15,000.

The football shares approx 15% with sports such as track, softball, baseball, volleyball, and soccer.

So that leaves football with approx $13,000/year as a football budget.

Out of that money we have to refurbish and/or buy equipment, uniforms, field maintainance and lining, field equipment repairs and maintainance, bus reimbursemnent to the county for travel, stadium repairs and upgrades,

and other misc expenses.

What's Lipscomb's budget?

If it's 30% less than ours then it's less than $10,000 per year, and I don't beleive that for one second. /excl.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":excl:" border="0" alt="excl.gif" />

I agree with what you say except the "budget" thing.

And what budget would that be?

I can't speak for every county funded public school, but in my county sports get no funding for sports and that includes football. Read Again. $0 for sports. Nilch. Notta. And I'll bet you a dollar to a doughnut that's the way it is at most TN public school systems.

Our football team's budget is based solely on receipts from ticket sales at games and from whatever the boosters can raise. At my particular school we don't have any parents and/or boosters that could sit down and write a big check. No surgeons, doctors, lawyers, CPAs etc. I think you get the point.

Then some of this money from football ticket sales is shared with the other sports teams at the school.

So let's look at our budget:

On a really good night we might 500 fans x $6 per = $3000 per game x 5 home games = $15,000.

The football shares approx 15% with sports such as track, softball, baseball, volleyball, and soccer.

So that leaves football with approx $13,000/year as a football budget.

Out of that money we have to refurbish and/or buy equipment, uniforms, field maintainance and lining, field equipment repairs and maintainance, bus reimbursemnent to the county for travel, stadium repairs and upgrades,

and other misc expenses.

What's Lipscomb's budget?

If it's 30% less than ours then it's less than $10,000 per year, and I don't beleive that for one second. /excl.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":excl:" border="0" alt="excl.gif" />

Amen

"Lip-scum." "Lip-scum?" /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Oh, my ahapless, you really are quite the witty one, aren't you? And SO orignial. I bet the DL folks have NEVER, EVER heard that one before. How long after your team choked did it take you to think that one up? Maybe it was as you got back closer to home and realized, once again, basketball season is starting early for bobkitties?

And why, oh you of limited reasoning ability, would you assume I wear the purple and gold of the Lipscombites? Isn't it just possible that retarded comments like yours over the last few weeks bring out "admirers" from all different schools? Remember my "in-over-his-head-along-with-his-team" friend, when you ASSUME, it confirms to the rest of the world that you are the burro you are suspected to be.

I'll attempt to bring it down to your level: in the words of the caveman on the GEICO commercial - perhaps you should check out the..... SCORE BOARD.

Have a nice Thanksgiving. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

My apologies to Lipscomb, I thought you must be a student or graduate or fan or parent connected to that institution. What lofty institution is turning you into such a little thug? "Choked", now you know that this is a load of something you need to wipe off your shoes; we shoved it down DL's throats all night long or didn't you see? Hasn't anyone told you that it is not nice to call people, "retarded?" You are an obnoxious little bully and your parents need

to spank you. I don't watch much TV, so I don't know the commerical you're referring to. You need to turn that television off now, pick up a book and read something and quit memorizing commercials. As far as Bobkitties, you could turn on the televison and see a real tall former Bobcat still playing, and I just have a feeling from your tacky comments, he stuffed it down the throats of your school several times. Scoreboard, nonwithstanding, we played with more heart, skill and determination than you will ever have. Now cut off the television and try to read this.....

"Intellect is invisible to the man who has none." Arthur Schopenhauer Keep reading...here is one that can be your personal motto; ".........folly's all they've taught me." If you can't understand these quotes, please get back to me. Happy Thanksgiving to you.

Yes much to your dismay poor people do play football at Lipscomb. I can't see how its any of your business, but just to prove you wrong, yes there is a player on the DL team that lived with his grandmother. She died when he was 8. He lives with his sister now, who's been taking care of him and keeping him in DL since she was 18, because they have no other family. The DL community respects what she has done. He is a minority student. She went to school at the DL herself, on Financial Aid and did not play athletics since she wasn't into sports and preferred books. Her brother had a learning disability during his younger years at the school, but they worked everyday after school for 3-4 hours to help him catch up and get to where he needed to be. The family receives no help, They'd probably be too self-reliant to take it anyway. So as much as you'd like to see otherwise your points are flawed and she's probably laughing as she's reading this and what you've said since you have no idea.

So don't presume to tell me who and what kind of people go to lipscomb because you have no idea.

I will presume, because it is obvious I live in the real world and you have no idea. You told me a nice story about one family and they seem to be admirable and I certainly do respect what they have been able to accomplish in their lives. We have many such stories and worst. We have boys that work after school with no time for anyone to help them catch up. How many students do you have with learning problems? How many minorities do you have? Why don't you have more? I all ready know it is a low number. How many children do you have who would qualify for free lunch under TN's guidelines? Give me the number and I'll leave you alone. Why don't you use your time and resources to help make all schools better places for all children? It is my business as a Christian and someone who cares about all kinds of children. I'm preaching buddy, and if you don't like it, don't read it and don't respond.

ah you did respond. double post less. you made me have to edit mine.

don't try to make this something its not. You said there are no poor kids on the team. I proved you wrong. Your statement was false, don't try to quantify it now after the fact. Given an example you try to change gears and make it something else. I gave you a child that meets all your criteria, all those things that you said lipscomb doesn't have and you want to answer with a "well, but...." basically. Seriously I think you just want to think the worst of the school so be it, You weren't worth telling their story to. It demeans it. I'm sorry I shared it because you belittle it. I could have told you so much more about that family, but you aren't worthy of hearing it because you don't respect it because of where they've come from (DL).

I don't know about the kids at your school, maybe you should be helping these kids that don't have anyone to help them, isn't that the good christian thing to do? I mean if I knew of someone in my immediate community that I could help with the skills I have I'd do it in a heartbeat. You say we don't do anything, but it sounds like you aren't doing anything either except criticizing private schools. I know I don't tell of the good deeds I've done. that's between me and God. Just because you don't see it doesn't mean its not being done, you know?

Yes much to your dismay poor people do play football at Lipscomb. I can't see how its any of your business, but just to prove you wrong, yes there is a player on the DL team that lived with his grandmother. She died when he was 8. He lives with his sister now, who's been taking care of him and keeping him in DL since she was 18, because they have no other family. The DL community respects what she has done. He is a minority student. She went to school at the DL herself, on Financial Aid and did not play athletics since she wasn't into sports and preferred books. Her brother had a learning disability during his younger years at the school, but they worked everyday after school for 3-4 hours to help him catch up and get to where he needed to be. The family receives no help, They'd probably be too self-reliant to take it anyway. So as much as you'd like to see otherwise your points are flawed and she's probably laughing as she's reading this and what you've said since you have no idea.

So don't presume to tell me who and what kind of people go to lipscomb because you have no idea.

What do you consider to be poor?

and yet you have no response to me, hn. Interesting. oh well them's the breaks I suppose. When given information contradictory to your opinion you have nothing to say. I was interested in reading what you would have to say when proven wrong in your assumption, but alas, I seem to be disappointed.

Did you not read my response? Now you are just getting snippy because you can't prove your argument. Give me the numbers? Answer the questions. You named one family who has a hard time who goes to Lipscomb. There are many in the public schools. Do you deny this? I answered your questions. I told you why I presumed to have an opinion. Now answer mine. If you don't or you can't I will be disappointed. "Alas" is a word better suited to the stage. Perhaps you are the drama teacher at DL.

I fixed it, you squeezed yours in like a second before I hit reply so no I didn't see your post ^__^ (site messed with my smiley >.<)

what do I consider poor? I consider working 80 hours a week and still barely making ends meet poor.

no I don't teach drama at lipscomb, although I'd love it if I did. I feel our drama and musical departments are woefully lacking, but meh, the academics are good, you can't have everything.

-edited for spelling errors

Anyway, what was up with the GC buses last night. Saw them pulled up on the side of the road on Harding place right before the interstate entrance. No one was having car trouble were they?

I fixed it, you squeezed yours in like a second before I hit reply so no I didn't see your post ^__^ (site messed with my smiley >.<)

what do I consider poor? I consider working 80 hours a week and still barely making ends meet poor.

no I don't teach drama at lipscomb, although I'd love it if I did. I feel our drama and musical departments are woefully lacking, but meh, the academics are good, you can't have everything.

-edited for spelling errors

Poor is not having a job at all and I think it is a shame that you don't know that and an example of how really out of touch you are. Poor is going to bed and wondering how you will pay the rent or the house payment. Poor is a teen-age boy or girl who has to work to help support their family. Poor is wanting to replace old shoes and not having the money to do it. Poor is signing up for the Christmas Angel tree, so your children will have a gift for Christmas. I could go on and on. But let me tell you what poor isn't....It's not worrying how you can come up with this year's tuition for a private school so your children can be segregated from the children who fit the real definition of poor.

ah you did respond. double post less. you made me have to edit mine.

don't try to make this something its not. You said there are no poor kids on the team. I proved you wrong. Your statement was false, don't try to quantify it now after the fact. Given an example you try to change gears and make it something else. I gave you a child that meets all your criteria, all those things that you said lipscomb doesn't have and you want to answer with a "well, but...." basically. Seriously I think you just want to think the worst of the school so be it, You weren't worth telling their story to. It demeans it. I'm sorry I shared it because you belittle it. I could have told you so much more about that family, but you aren't worthy of hearing it because you don't respect it because of where they've come from (DL).

I don't know about the kids at your school, maybe you should be helping these kids that don't have anyone to help them, isn't that the good christian thing to do? I mean if I knew of someone in my immediate community that I could help with the skills I have I'd do it in a heartbeat. You say we don't do anything, but it sounds like you aren't doing anything either except criticizing private schools. I know I don't tell of the good deeds I've done. that's between me and God. Just because you don't see it doesn't mean its not being done, you know?

I can make this anything I want and I cannot in my wildest dreams imagine anyone who uses the word, "alas" in a post making me stop. You are welcome to try though. I never said there were no poor children at DL I asked how many. I never said there were no minorities or children with learning problems, I asked how many? Giving me one example clearly proves my point and if you don't understand this, you are not smart enough to try and argue with me. I would never belittle the family you described. I am very proud for them. They are among the people I would respect at DL. I have great respect for your coach. I do try to help the children who need help as much as I can. I wish I could do more. You can bring your skills on down to Giles or to some of the public schools in your area and find children who need all kinds of help. (I don't think you need to work with our students in the area of critical thinking skill or writing skills) If you or your children were in public schools you would all ready know of them and could be helping. My criticism of private schools is valid, especially of Christian private schools. Actually I don't have a problem with private school who don't advertise themselves as Christian. BGA or Harpeth are much more honest. They are what they advertise themselves to be...a private education for those who can afford it. How can it be Christian, if it costs money and those that can't pay it aren't welcome? It should be open to all children. Christian, by the very definition is open to all that accept it. Churches don't turn people away, why does David Lipscomb School?

You have still not answered any of my questions on earlier posts