Lewis County

Stat_pack1

They are 6A. No doubt you will see that Lathan is a gamer. After throwing two ugly interceptions he came back and threw the TD to Michal just over the top of defense. Then he threw a pass on the left sideline just over one DB and in front of the other that was nice. Michal has talent and is a giant target at receiver. The most encouraging part of the day was after getting down they didn??™t fold. I am hopeful that is something that we will see once the lights come on.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did they do ddaddy? Been away on vacation......looks like I didn't miss much. Heard they have one on July 31st against Lexingtion...is that correct?

Talked with a parent of a Columbia Central player, he said last month at their booster meeting that they were going to scrimmage Lewis County in July. Not sure if true or not but he is the father of a starter. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Talked with a parent of a Columbia Central player, he said last month at their booster meeting that they were going to scrimmage Lewis County in July. Not sure if true or not but he is the father of a starter. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Interesting. If you find out date, would appreciate if you could pass it on. Good experience for Lewis.

They are 6A. No doubt you will see that Lathan is a gamer. After throwing two ugly interceptions he came back and threw the TD to Michal just over the top of defense. Then he threw a pass on the left sideline just over one DB and in front of the other that was nice. Michal has talent and is a giant target at receiver. The most encouraging part of the day was after getting down they didn??™t fold. I am hopeful that is something that we will see once the lights come on.

Anyone else show anything? How did the Sparkman (s) and Sherman do? I heard that they have switched a couple of players from their normal positions around.....ie: Sparkman to Outside backer, Sherman to corner. If they did was curious how they did against that level of comp. Seen on the board that they might be scimmaging Columbia Central.....heard anything on it ?

Last I heard was they were going to Lexington the 31st. Hearing alot of other names, but don't know for sure. Bruceton, Camden and Columbia Central. Guess as next week starts some of the info. should surface. But for right now.....Lexington......there.

BTW......enjoyed the vacation......good sunny weather. :mrgreen:

Overall the team is working hard with a good attitude. There’s one or two who are hanging on the fence and are not totally committed, but that will work out in the next few days. As it stands right now the scrimmages that are set are at Lexington next Friday (31st), Bruceton here the next Friday (7th) and Columbia there on the following Tuesday (11th). The Columbia scrimmage could possibly end out being here.

Did you make it over to Lexington? I wasn't able to , heard some mixed reviews, What did you see and how did they look. How did Lexington look also?

Mixed reviews are a good way to put it. We moved the ball fairly well on the grown and in the air, but didn’t get into the end zone with the varsity. The Lathan to Michal connection is going to be really good as the season progresses. They probably connected on 5 or 6 passes all total. Darsha was the brightness spot in the running game, but he seemed to wear down as the game progressed. I am afraid that given the larger teams we play this year that might be the theme with some of the 2-way starters. We play all right on defense, but we never really slammed the door. Although we only gave up one varsity TD things just didn’t gel as a unit. It looked a lot like a first scrimmage. I found myself wondering how good was Lexington.