Lewis County

Stat_pack1

Coach Sharp does a good job but they are in a region in which they are going to have a tough time staying in the top half of the region. They will do fine against the other 3A schools in this region, but with the likes of Giles, Page, and Marshall (LOOK OUT). This is going to be different type of competition for the Panthers.

I know they are aware of the challenges faced this upcoming year. From everything read and heard they are putting in the effort to prepare for the next level. It is certainly going to be a much harder task than they have faced in many many years. The coaches will be putting in the hard work as well as the new players coming up. They most likely won't be able to match the number of athelets from top to bottom to most of these bigger schools, but they will for sure match the effort and hard work put in. They won't fail because of lack of work. This group coming up (I got to see some film on them from the past) is a very close knit group, with attitudes of never quitting. They have lost as a group over the past 5 years, but never quit. How they will do this year......I couldn't predict, but I can predict they will be there for the entire game giving everything they have. They will play just as hard as a 10-0 team or an 0-10 team. For a school of around 550 students, they will play like the much bigger schools. The coaching is solid no doubt, the biggest question as stated is lack of experience. If they can get the confidence quick they will play like a much more experienced team. No matter what happens........Lewis will be competitive. I think Lewis can pull a few upsets this year........and on the other hand......it is possible that they could be upset........inexperience could sneak up and get them. I think Lewis might just be a surprise this year......rebuilding, lack of experience etc. but its still Lewis.....!

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know they are aware of the challenges faced this upcoming year. From everything read and heard they are putting in the effort to prepare for the next level. It is certainly going to be a much harder task than they have faced in many many years. The coaches will be putting in the hard work as well as the new players coming up. They most likely won't be able to match the number of athelets from top to bottom to most of these bigger schools, but they will for sure match the effort and hard work put in. They won't fail because of lack of work. This group coming up (I got to see some film on them from the past) is a very close knit group, with attitudes of never quitting. They have lost as a group over the past 5 years, but never quit. How they will do this year......I couldn't predict, but I can predict they will be there for the entire game giving everything they have. They will play just as hard as a 10-0 team or an 0-10 team. For a school of around 550 students, they will play like the much bigger schools. The coaching is solid no doubt, the biggest question as stated is lack of experience. If they can get the confidence quick they will play like a much more experienced team. No matter what happens........Lewis will be competitive. I think Lewis can pull a few upsets this year........and on the other hand......it is possible that they could be upset........inexperience could sneak up and get them. I think Lewis might just be a surprise this year......rebuilding, lack of experience etc. but its still Lewis.....!

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Good post, well put!

Lewis should represent themselves well. Tradition and Coaching and Effort is all there. Sounds like the players are preparing themselves great. Unity sounds like its there. I couldn't make a prediction on their seasons.......but Lewis will pull some surprises along the way. A lot of people on "T" don't give much of a chance for Lewis......I think they will be proved wrong.

I agree with Turfwalker.......They need to come out of the gate hard and fast.......the first 3 games could be critical on their season. If they can get through them.......the confidence plus the experience of games will give the experience factor a big boost.

I heard Sparkman hasnt been making summer workouts thought everybody said he was back and dedicated . Coach wont put up with it any news on him anyu updates. He is a baller

I haven't heard anything on it. I do know quite a few of the players did get summer jobs, so that could be the problem if it is true. I heard both brothers (Sparkmans) had jobs. DDaddy might know he seems to have more up to date info. I think (from what I heard) that these are jobs that Sharp helped them get.....or advised. I'll keep my ears open and if I hear anything concrete I'll pass it along. Last I heard the players were still at it hard. QB .......last I heard was having some health issues, haven't heard anymore than that.

I haven't heard anything on it. I do know quite a few of the players did get summer jobs, so that could be the problem if it is true. I heard both brothers (Sparkmans) had jobs. DDaddy might know he seems to have more up to date info. I think (from what I heard) that these are jobs that Sharp helped them get.....or advised. I'll keep my ears open and if I hear anything concrete I'll pass it along. Last I heard the players were still at it hard. QB .......last I heard was having some health issues, haven't heard anymore than that.

no matter what lewis county is always hard to beat in football /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Are they deep at QB? Who is the other QB's? Hope they have some depth there. I'm sure whoever the back ups are they will be getting alot of work just in case the Health issue becomes a long term situation.

I heard Sparkman hasnt been making summer workouts thought everybody said he was back and dedicated . Coach wont put up with it any news on him anyu updates. He is a baller

They were a little slow in coming out at the beginning of summer. They do have summer jobs with the new JTPA program and are placed at the school. I bet they make their workouts the rest of the way out.

They were a little slow in coming out at the beginning of summer. They do have summer jobs with the new JTPA program and are placed at the school. I bet they make their workouts the rest of the way out.

What a stroke of good luck......lol. I would say those players should be there. Bet they don't miss any now. Thats one way to get a problem solved. They appear to be a very important piece for Lewis this coming year. How is the QB health situation? Nothing serious I hope. The season will be here before you know it. If anyone has any dates on the scrimmages set for this year.....appreciate the dates.....would like to make one or all of them, Also who they will scrimage. Hated that they didn't have any this spring. I was going to come down but the weather kept washing them out. Good to hear all the pieces are still in place.