Lewis County

Stat_pack1

Lewis county will always be tough.....

This year is going to be a real challenge! Been a long time since Lewis has played this level of competition week in and week out. I think they will surprise a few along the way. A lot of work to be done before the season starts. So much lack of experience. Reading and hearing the effort being put out, the players are giving all they have. Lack of experience........that is the great unknown.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depth will be an issue with this team for several reasons. For one they will be several of the younger players who will be called upon to fill the role of starter. Second, the lack the availability of tested players is very large on this team. And lastly, the sheer number of students from which to choose will affect the depth as compared to the larger schools. In most cases the opponents will have a 1A team??™s entire school enrollment more than LC from which to pick up players.

Scrimage this Saturday at 9 or 10 in the morning vs Camden

Depth will be an issue with this team for several reasons. For one they will be several of the younger players who will be called upon to fill the role of starter. Second, the lack the availability of tested players is very large on this team. And lastly, the sheer number of students from which to choose will affect the depth as compared to the larger schools. In most cases the opponents will have a 1A team??™s entire school enrollment more than LC from which to pick up players.

Scrimage this Saturday at 9 or 10 in the morning vs Camden

At the High School or Middle school? Hear anything on practice this week?

At the High School or Middle school? Hear anything on practice this week?

10:00 at the MS. this field can take a lot of water so don't presume it's cancelled if it rains. Found out today that Darshey(sp?) is becoming a man in the backfield.

10:00 at the MS. this field can take a lot of water so don't presume it's cancelled if it rains. Found out today that Darshey(sp?) is becoming a man in the backfield.

When will they make the call on the game? Seen the forecast and looks like the rain might end by 10 am. Want to make the trip down there and see this years group, but hate to drive that far and have it called off. From all I have been told the backfield isn't going to be a problem. The two Sparkman brothers, Vaugh and Sherman sounds like there isn't going to be a drop off there. Also been hearing that the line is stepping up big time. Have they been able to practice much this week with the weather? How do you think the defense will do this year. Going to be going up against a lot of passing that they haven't seen ie: spread etc. I'll be watching here to see if the game is on or cancelled. Appreciate any info. before I make the 2 plus hour trip.

Talked to Coach and it is on for 10:00 AM Saturday, weather permitting.

Good to hear its still on. Do you know if they weather keeps up will they call it off by todays end of school, or will it be a wait and see Saturday. Do you know if Camden alreadys has played a game yet this spring?

I guess I'll go ahead and come down tomorrow. I'll watch the board and see if it is called this evening. The weather isn't promising. The players ready to go? I know they havent' had much practice with the weather. So much in experience and not playing together.....going to be a challenge. Hope for the best tomorrow. Some games from what I hear have already been called off in other areas. Hope LCHS can get theirs in.....need all the experience they can get.

Just seen the weather radar and forecast on channel 4 and it doesn't look good. Big batch of rain heading towards Lewis and area. I guess I'll pass on this one. Long drive for a chance of being called off. I'll be watching the board to see, but it will take me about 2 to 2 1/2 hours to get there. I hope they get to play but it doesn't look promising. I'll try and catch the next one. Stat let me know if they play how it went. If they play I sure hope they are good in the mud! It's standing everywhere up this way. Good luck!

Doesn't look good for Wednesday according to the weather forecast.....50% chance of rain (again) Don't know what Lewis will do if another rain out comes. Really makes it tough on the coaches and players.....especially because they are lacking experience. Don't know if they can reschedule any or not based on rules. They have a "Black and Gold" game friday which really doesn't help much. Guess we'll have to watch and see if the forecast changes or not........maybe it will come in later because they had the game with Bruceton set for 3:30 the last I heard. Gues its a "wait and see".

Last heard.......Thursday and it has been changed to @Bruceton. But........the weather has a chance to be a factor for Thursday also.

Stat.....is it still scheduled? I seen the weather for tomorrow and it doesn't look good. How late will they wait before they decide if it is still on? Anyone that knows........let me know, like to try and make the trip over there and catch some of it. Seems like a lot of spring games are going to be a wash out. Makes it hard .....especially for schools like Lewis starting so many without the experience. I'll be checking in occasionally for any updates.